Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Arashi

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Which brings me to the question : how do the guys feel and stay loyal to a company that sometimes impose harsh penalty on them or make decisions that the guys can't fathom? I think its easier to ignore the company policies when you are as young as 11,12 ,13 which is when many of them debuted. but as they grow older, rebellion, puberty and later manhood steps in and its kind of more difficult to feel kindly about JE, don't you think? or am I being cynical now? I don't know.
    I think many of the guys stayed on for years and years because JE is all that they have. Most of them joined the company when they are 11 and 12. Their whole adolescene is with the company, their closest friends, their formative years. Many of them gave up school in order to make time for shows and concerts, I don't think it is easy for them to leave the company unless they have something solid to fall back on. Moreover, they have been in the industry for so long and worked so hard to rise to the top, leaving the company would be years of hard work down the drain.

I am really unfamilar with K-8 at the moment and have yet to hear a single song by them. you know, each group has a certain style and for K-8, I heard they are wacky and crazy...seems like a fun group. sometimes I already find the current Aiba quite crazy...K-8's even more? Do you have a favourite member from K8 or you like the group itself?
    Aiba's craziness is just a fraction of the K8 members, when the K8 members host their own variety shows, they are hilarious in the things they do and say. I have a favourite member in the group, Shibutani Subaru, but I like every single one of the members in K8. I am not sure what type of music you like, but some of my favourite songs from K8 are Osaka Romanesque , Osaka Rainy Blues , Mugendai and Eden

They have some rockish and enka-ish songs as well, but those that I listed are more mid tempo and easier to digest. Actually K8 is known for having some really fun songs with Osaka flavour and enka (traditional) sounding songs.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I found some pictures of young Arashi and Ikuta Toma posted by a fan.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1026/arashitomacz3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8476/arashitoma2fe3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8197/arashitoma3xf2.jpg')

Credits to Tomapi Rant's Helen.

They sure looked very kawaii don't they? It's kind of sad how Arashi has come so far but their former companion is still stuck in the middle of nowhere.
    They sure are adorable then! yes, yes, you are so right!

btw, how old is Toma?

I think many of the guys stayed on for years and years because JE is all that they have. Most of them joined the company when they are 11 and 12. Their whole adolescene is with the company, their closest friends, their formative years. Many of them gave up school in order to make time for shows and concerts, I don't think it is easy for them to leave the company unless they have something solid to fall back on. Moreover, they have been in the industry for so long and worked so hard to rise to the top, leaving the company would be years of hard work down the drain.

Aiba's craziness is just a fraction of the K8 members, when the K8 members host their own variety shows, they are hilarious in the things they do and say. I have a favourite member in the group, Shibutani Subaru, but I like every single one of the members in K8. I am not sure what type of music you like, but some of my favourite songs from K8 are Osaka Romanesque , Osaka Rainy Blues , Mugendai and Eden

They have some rockish and enka-ish songs as well, but those that I listed are more mid tempo and easier to digest. Actually K8 is known for having some really fun songs with Osaka flavour and enka (traditional) sounding songs.

Going by what you said, it actually sounds like a trap...the company tempts them with success and fame etc in their youth and they become dependent or 'sold' to the company.
    it sounds scarey actually. That's why I think its best that they balance both school with the JE like what Sho Sakurai did so that they have something to fall back on. With that said, there are no lack of youngsters who want to join the 'JE family' btw, is the uni that Yamapi is at Meji a top uni as well? Who else in JE are in uni now or have completed uni education?

thanks, I will try and see if i can check out K8's stuff.

Toma is twenty one years old this year.

JE is a trap... haha, that's not the first time I am hearing this. But then again, if the members are truly suffering, they can leave if they want to and work as something else, it's difficult but as least they can live a normal life. By staying on in the company, they know how their lives are going to be like, the entertainment industry is a harsh world indeed.

Meiji University, the one that both Pi and Koyama are attending, is one of the famous Tokyo 6 universities. Quite prestigious but not as prestigious as Waseda (Tegoshi from NEWS) and Keio (Sho) University, of course none of theses Unis beat University of Tokyo in terms of eliteness. Not too many JE folks are attending universities, for the simple reason that they are so busy with JE activities its hard to attend school. The group with the best record would be NEWS - Pi, Koyama, Shige, Kusano, Tegoshi are all currently in universities. I am not too sure about the others though.

JE is a trap... haha, that's not the first time I am hearing this. But then again, if the members are truly suffering, they can leave if they want to and work as something else, it's difficult but as least they can live a normal life. By staying on in the company, they know how their lives are going to be like, the entertainment industry is a harsh world indeed.

Meiji University, the one that both Pi and Koyama are attending, is one of the famous Tokyo 6 universities. Quite prestigious but not as prestigious as Waseda (Tegoshi from NEWS) and Keio (Sho) University, of course none of theses Unis beat University of Tokyo in terms of eliteness. Not too many JE folks are attending universities, for the simple reason that they are so busy with JE activities its hard to attend school. The group with the best record would be NEWS - Pi, Koyama, Shige, Kusano, Tegoshi are all currently in universities. I am not too sure about the others though.
    That's not bad....how do they find time to study anyway? I heard Sho did econs and Shige is reading law (now I thought that was impressive), any idea about the rest?

Pi is studying business and Koyama doing Chinese Literature. Not sure about the rest though.

Pi is studying business and Koyama doing Chinese Literature. Not sure about the rest though.
    One more business undergraduate....Chinese Lit? That's interesting!

I just heard a snippet of Arashi's new song Aozora Pedal, sounds pretty nice from what little bit of the song I manage to catch. Not as genki Kitto Daijoubu, a more mid-tempo song, looking forward to hearing the complete single.

I just heard a snippet of Arashi's new song Aozora Pedal, sounds pretty nice from what little bit of the song I manage to catch. Not as genki Kitto Daijoubu, a more mid-tempo song, looking forward to hearing the complete single.
    I haven't quite heard yet.

For the folks who have not heard, Arashi was in Korean, Thailand and Taiwan yesterday for a short promo of their upcoming concerts and concert appearances in these 3 countries. I saw a very short clip of them introducing themselves....very hilarious their Mandarin pronounciation. I think Sho and Nino was the worse. If only they came to Singapore but fat hope.

bet, I got to thinking if JE actually produced one of their own who studies at Todai...now won't that be really something?!....but that's expecting too much I think. As it is , I don't know how these guys cope with school already, especially Yamapi. It was reported that Yamapi is managing on 3 hrs sleep a day currently.

Hmm... a JE member in Todai, that will be quite something, it's already pretty cool that some of them can get into top private universities. I heard about Pi getting 3 hours of sleep everyday as well, but it seems like he's used to it and only need so much sleep.

There's a new JE forum started by some folks in Jpopmusic forums, there's a section dedicated to Arashi. The forum is pretty new, so naturally there's lack of members and lack of posts, do check it out at http://chikichikiaaa.11.forumer.com/index.php

The folks over there are pretty much experts on all things Johnny Entertainment.

Hmm... a JE member in Todai, that will be quite something, it's already pretty cool that some of them can get into top private universities. I heard about Pi getting 3 hours of sleep everyday as well, but it seems like he's used to it and only need so much sleep.

There's a new JE forum started by some folks in Jpopmusic forums, there's a section dedicated to Arashi. The forum is pretty new, so naturally there's lack of members and lack of posts, do check it out at http://chikichikiaaa.11.forumer.com/index.php

The folks over there are pretty much experts on all things Johnny Entertainment.
    Is Meiji a private uni? sure I will go check out that link.

btw, you said that you could be cynical, do you then think that the K-8 gp's wacky personality is really what they are like or something like that?

Is Meiji a private uni? sure I will go check out that link.

btw, you said that you could be cynical, do you then think that the K-8 gp's wacky personality is really what they are like or something like that?
    Meiji is a private university.

I don't think K8's wacky personality is a front, but I do think they probably play up their crazy sides in front of the camera. The few more talkative/crazy members of the group have always been like that since they were in Jrs; more fun loving personality than others, don't really try to maintain their idol image, and talk/joke around more.

Meiji is a private university.

I don't think K8's wacky personality is a front, but I do think they probably play up their crazy sides in front of the camera. The few more talkative/crazy members of the group have always been like that since they were in Jrs; more fun loving personality than others, don't really try to maintain their idol image, and talk/joke around more.
    Would Japan's private uni be a case of being able to get a place if you can pay thingy? Does it cost much more to study at private unis?

I like groups who are not afraid to make themselves 'ugly' or are able to laugh at thenselves..fantastic quality.

Would Japan's private uni be a case of being able to get a place if you can pay thingy? Does it cost much more to study at private unis?

I like groups who are not afraid to make themselves 'ugly' or are able to laugh at thenselves..fantastic quality.
    There are probably backdoors for rich people but I really don't think Yamapi, Koyama and company are that rich to pay their way through. I am more inclined to believe that they got there through their own hard work. It probably costs alot more to study at private unis, I don't know what's the cost though.

Indeed having the ability to laugh at oneself is a great quality, one of the reasons why I like K8 so much.

There are probably backdoors for rich people but I really don't think Yamapi, Koyama and company are that rich to pay their way through. I am more inclined to believe that they got there through their own hard work. It probably costs alot more to study at private unis, I don't know what's the cost though.

Indeed having the ability to laugh at oneself is a great quality, one of the reasons why I like K8 so much.
    I suspect they might have chosen to study at private unis also because there are less students there because like you pointed out, the school fees could be much more expensive and that cuts out a certain number of students already. It gives them more privacy. I bet the profile of Meiji had increased simply because these artists are there thus attracted fans who applied to the uni just hoping to get closer to them. Btw,I actually know someone who graduated from Todai and a Singaporen for that matter. I think its quite an achievement for him.

You are probably right about private unis, the JE stars definitely give the school alot of star power just by students there.

I finally downloaded the full PV and mp3 for Aozora Pedaru, latest single by Arashi. I like the song better than Kitto Daijoubu, the song has a very nostalgic feel to it. The PV is a very simple story about youth and love, I like how the guys look in the PV, sitting around and reminiscening about the past, very believeable since they look so comfortable with each other.

I realise that the concert that Arashi is having in Thailand on 7th Oct includes participation by Golf and Mike from gYm. Also heard that close to 1000 fans went to the Thai Airport while about 2500 fans went to the Korean Airport to see Arashi walk by when they went over to do promos on 31 Jul 06.

btw, saw the cover of gYm's CD....I didn' like the hat that Yamapi was wearing, looks festive and I don't mean that in a nice way.

I have seen Arashi's new PV, the theme to Honey and Clover. Its not bad, also saw the making. btw, I have seen 1 epiosde of this drama starring Nino. The one where he went astray and killed his mother in the show. The theme song is beautiful, I especially love the instrumenatl version of it.

Anyone else saw other Nino dramas beside Stand up?