Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Arashi

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Anyone else saw other Nino dramas beside Stand up?
    I just started on Abunai Houkago, starring Nino as Natsuki Katsuyuki when he was just sixteen years old. Quick summary from what I gathered in the first episode -

Nino played Katsuyuki a genius student who is well respected by his peers for being extremely smart. He has been liking this girl, Kyoko, ever since they entered high school. Katsuyuki's parents are divorced and he lives with his mother, he hopes that one day his parents may get back together. However, his hopes were dashed one day when his mother announced that she got married, and his stepfather and quirky stepbrother, Haru, moved into his house without warning. To make matters worse, Haru transferred into his class and sit next to him. The first episode bascially introduces the characters and set a background for the story, and also with a little bit of detective playing by Katsuyuki and Haru, as they tried to find out who's been stealing the female students' uniforms.

End of summary.

The storyline looks set to be rather predictable, and the acting was really kind of blah. Nino was pretty much a greenhorn in acting back then, quite unpolished, coupled with bad acting by the other students, there were many cringe worthy scenes. I am watching the show not for Nino but for Shibutani Subaru (from Kanjani8) who's playing his step-brother, equally bad acting not to mention bad hairstyle. Yes... I am willing to sit through sub-standard dramas for folks I really like, just like I did for Stand Up! and Kurosagi.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I just started on Abunai Houkago, starring Nino as Natsuki Katsuyuki when he was just sixteen years old. Quick summary from what I gathered in the first episode -

Nino played Katsuyuki a genius student who is well respected by his peers for being extremely smart. He has been liking this girl, Kyoko, ever since they entered high school. Katsuyuki's parents are divorced and he lives with his mother, he hopes that one day his parents may get back together. However, his hopes were dashed one day when his mother announced that she got married, and his stepfather and quirky stepbrother, Haru, moved into his house without warning. To make matters worse, Haru transferred into his class and sit next to him. The first episode bascially introduces the characters and set a background for the story, and also with a little bit of detective playing by Katsuyuki and Haru, as they tried to find out who's been stealing the female students' uniforms.

End of summary.

The storyline looks set to be rather predictable, and the acting was really kind of blah. Nino was pretty much a greenhorn in acting back then, quite unpolished, coupled with bad acting by the other students, there were many cringe worthy scenes. I am watching the show not for Nino but for Shibutani Subaru (from Kanjani8) who's playing his step-brother, equally bad acting not to mention bad hairstyle. Yes... I am willing to sit through sub-standard dramas for folks I really like, just like I did for Stand Up! and Kurosagi.
    I think that would be Nino not at his best...but somehow, he always ends up playing emotional roles or roles that are very complex...deep characters that are not easy to pull off, that said, I am still very wow by Yamapi's emotional scenes in Kurosagi...both of them are pretty good at such roles..chacacters which are more complex.

I saw this special of Arashi when they went to NYC, Nino was unfortunately left behind anway...its a good programme, very funny and entertaining when the arashi members were so young back then and I find Jun and Sho cuter in character back then, now they are way too cool already, can't see that quality in them anymore...no longer qing (1) chun (2). but we all will grow up and change in some ways I guess.

I also saw this episode of Aiba's zoo programme when he went to the Singapore Bird Park...does it mean he came to Singapore twice? anyway, when the bird park trainer tried to get Aiba to take part in some bird show, Aiba told him that he was a Japanese idol and sang the chorus of Arashi for him, unfortunately, the trainer was Malay and that his attempt to tell him who he was fell flat but it was funny.

I heard some of the J-E stars have their own blog. Anyone knows the website addresses?

I heard some of the J-E stars have their own blog. Anyone knows the website addresses?
    I don't know about JE stars having blogs, but I do know that many of them write jwebs that fans subscribe to through their mobile phone. The service is only available to Japanese fans but there are people who translate and upload them onto the internet for us poor overseas fans.

For folks like Arashi, NEWS, Kanjani8 and KAT-TUN, their jwebs are tranlsation over at Binan no Nikki (which basically means Pretty Boy's diary). The translation can be quite irregular for some members, but folks like Massu, Tegoshi and Nino's jwebs are updated pretty regularly.

Over at Umi no Namida, Yamapi's jwebs and monthly article gets translated regularly alongside with blog entries of the author who's a major fan of Yamapi and Ikuta Toma. She said pretty insightful things sometimes, and can be pretty hilarious as well. However, she locked her blog recently as some folks had been flaming her as she made some comments about not liking KAT-TUN. You can get the password to her blog by emailing her.

Binan no Nikki

Umi no Namida

I don't know about JE stars having blogs, but I do know that many of them write jwebs that fans subscribe to through their mobile phone. The service is only available to Japanese fans but there are people who translate and upload them onto the internet for us poor overseas fans.

For folks like Arashi, NEWS, Kanjani8 and KAT-TUN, their jwebs are tranlsation over at Binan no Nikki (which basically means Pretty Boy's diary). The translation can be quite irregular for some members, but folks like Massu, Tegoshi and Nino's jwebs are updated pretty regularly.

Over at Umi no Namida, Yamapi's jwebs and monthly article gets translated regularly alongside with blog entries of the author who's a major fan of Yamapi and Ikuta Toma. She said pretty insightful things sometimes, and can be pretty hilarious as well. However, she locked her blog recently as some folks had been flaming her as she made some comments about not liking KAT-TUN. You can get the password to her blog by emailing her.

Binan no Nikki

Umi no Namida

I see....thanks for the info.

I have seen 1 epiosde of this drama starring Nino. The one where he went astray and killed his mother in the show. The theme song is beautiful, I especially love the instrumenatl version of it.
    The title of this serial is Yasashii Jikan.

Binan no Nikki

Umi no Namida

I have just started reading Yamapi's translated j-web and if the translated artcles are accurate, he swears quite a bit..nothing too vulgar but still, I am surprised.

Recently, I saw the individual clips of Aiba and Ohno when they appeared on Cafe Hanamaru. I like both clips.
    Ohno's episode was rather dated, back in 2002. I was impressed that he gave a refreshingly candid interview about he came to be the leader of Arashi and how he was a hesitant leader. He always comes across as a really nice guy with no temper.

As for Aiba, another nice baka Arashi member with seemingly no temper too. He looked tired as the interview was schedueld the day aftre Arahi did that 1 day round the 'world' concert promotions. He's still cheerful and very likeable but because, he's tired, slightly less genki than normal, thus I felt the old Aiba's presence for a moment, when he speaks more softly and when he was less sure of himself back in his earlier days.

These, plus the recent clip I had seen of yamapi's appearance on this show, its so interesting comparing how different these few artsists are since I quite like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    I was wondering if anyone has any nice songs by arashi like, i want somebody, Arashi, etc? I am currently quite addicted to Arashi, are they a very popular band in Japan? Cos i don't seem to hear much about them in S'pore, esp on MTV, i hear more on the other Jap band Rising Sun...Arashi seems to be quite a long lasting pop group... well if any one has any thing to share about them pls do so! Thanks...
    My collection of songs by Arashi is pathetically small, can't really help you there. I like Arashi due to their chemistry as a group and their dramas and variety shows more than anything.

Arashi debuted in 1999, they are pretty well known in Japan. Of course they are not really well known in Singapore, the land of Mandopop and English music, I don't think any Japanese band can claim to be really really well known here.

My collection of songs by Arashi is pathetically small, can't really help you there. I like Arashi due to their chemistry as a group and their dramas and variety shows more than anything.

Arashi debuted in 1999, they are pretty well known in Japan. Of course they are not really well known in Singapore, the land of Mandopop and English music, I don't think any Japanese band can claim to be really really well known here.
    oh ok...thanks...well, Arashi is kinda my first Jap group that i am into at the moment, i think they are rather funny and sometimes quite random... i was watching their variety shows (or smthg like tt) on youtube, they seem to have quite a large fan base and they also must be quite popular to have their own variety shows... well, most of the shows dun really have eng subs but i just watch them because they are so funny.. can anyone tell me what their variety shows are about? I heard they each have a segment each such as G no Arashi..and they also have one combined one called Mago Mago Arashi... well, just wanna know a little more..if anyone knows pls tell me...thanks loads...

I am not too sure what's G no Arashi about exactly, I've only watched a few episodes here and there. From what I've gathered from the few episodes, it's either they are playing games or doing experiments during the A no Arashi section. As for Mago Mago Arashi, two of the members will go to an elderly couple's place and be their grandsons for the day or something.

By the way, I think G no Arashi is going to have a revamp, the new show will be called Q no Arashi.

It's quite common for JE groups to have their own variety show, regardless whether they are amazingly popular or already pass their peak. Arashi has Mago Mago Arashi and G no Arashi, folks like KAT-TUN regularly appears on Utawara, SMAP has their own show SMAPXSMAP and so on.

Hi Tellywelly,

You are asking for Song recommendations right? Have you listened to their latest CD 'Arachic'?

I am not too sure what's G no Arashi about exactly, I've only watched a few episodes here and there. From what I've gathered from the few episodes, it's either they are playing games or doing experiments during the A no Arashi section. As for Mago Mago Arashi, two of the members will go to an elderly couple's place and be their grandsons for the day or something.

By the way, I think G no Arashi is going to have a revamp, the new show will be called Q no Arashi.

It's quite common for JE groups to have their own variety show, regardless whether they are amazingly popular or already pass their peak. Arashi has Mago Mago Arashi and G no Arashi, folks like KAT-TUN regularly appears on Utawara, SMAP has their own show SMAPXSMAP and so on.

Is Smap still popular in Japan?

Hi Tellywelly,

You are asking for Song recommendations right? Have you listened to their latest CD 'Arachic'?
    well, not yet..but i was thinking of going to find their CDs after my exams... is their latest CD worth buying, im not too sure cos i havent really heard most of their songs just some here and there...as i got into them only through watching HYD and falling for Matsumoto jun..i love his song lafamilia though... oh ya...does anyone have the song "I need somebody" by Arashi?

Is Smap still popular in Japan?
    Oh yes, definitely. They've passed the stage whereby their fans are all made up of screaming fangirls, they are now respected as artistes in their own rights, be it in acting, hosting or singing. SMAPXSMAP still garner ratings over 20% on a regular basis, that's quite high for variety shows by the way.

Oh yes, definitely. They've passed the stage whereby their fans are all made up of screaming fangirls, they are now respected as artistes in their own rights, be it in acting, hosting or singing. SMAPXSMAP still garner ratings over 20% on a regular basis, that's quite high for variety shows by the way.
    I know of one variety show hosted by one SMAP member. One of the highlights when Arashi goes on it is that, that senpai would always end up in a fight with Ohno Satoshi.

I was actually thinking they could be over the hill by now, a little cruel to say that though. Anyway, sure glad that Japanese artsist have a long standing career even when they are no longer teen idols. That's comforting and assuring to know I am sure for them and for me, glad to know that people are not so fickle minded and still supports artists they used to like a lot. What artists most desire would be to have a good transition thoughout the different stages of their career.

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    well, not yet..but i was thinking of going to find their CDs after my exams... is their latest CD worth buying, im not too sure cos i havent really heard most of their songs just some here and there...as i got into them only through watching HYD and falling for Matsumoto jun..i love his song lafamilia though... oh ya...does anyone have the song "I need somebody" by Arashi?

i think 'I need somebody' is from their latest CD, Arashic. Arashi tends to experiment with their music somewhat to me. This CD is for you if you like retro and jazzy stuff esp retro. but for a first-timer to their music, you might want to check out their first CD where the song 'Arashi' was taken..then slowly, you can try their other songs and check out how their musical style has changed over the past few years.

I know of one variety show hosted by one SMAP member. One of the highlights when Arashi goes on it is that, that senpai would always end up in a fight with Ohno Satoshi.
    You must be talking about Utaban hosted by Nakai (SMAP), the fighting between the two of them is so obviously staged, but nonetheless it always great fun to watch Ohno bicker with Nakai.

I was actually thinking they could be over the hill by now, a little cruel to say that though. Anyway, sure glad that Japanese artsist have a long standing career even when they are no longer teen idols. That's comforting and assuring to know I am sure for them and for me, glad to know that people are not so fickle minded and still supports artists they used to like a lot. What artists most desire would be to have a good transition thoughout the different stages of their career.
    Well actually... I think SMAP is an exception among the many JE groups to be able to survive this long, thanks to KimuTaku's prolific acting career and Nakai's success with variety shows. The other three are also doing pretty well, but nobody beat those two. There are many groups prior to SMAP, but they've pretty much disappeared, even later groups like Tokio and V6 are not sustaining well. They are truly what you call - over the hill.

I do see KinKi Kids going on for a long time actually, the two of them are JE money spinners, don't see them being over the hill anytime soon. As for Arashi, I do think these few years will be truly critical for them to hold on to their popularity and go a long way in the industry.

You must be talking about Utaban hosted by Nakai (SMAP), the fighting between the two of them is so obviously staged, but nonetheless it always great fun to watch Ohno bicker with Nakai.

Well actually... I think SMAP is an exception among the many JE groups to be able to survive this long, thanks to KimuTaku's prolific acting career and Nakai's success with variety shows. The other three are also doing pretty well, but nobody beat those two. There are many groups prior to SMAP, but they've pretty much disappeared, even later groups like Tokio and V6 are not sustaining well. They are truly what you call - over the hill.

I do see KinKi Kids going on for a long time actually, the two of them are JE money spinners, don't see them being over the hill anytime soon. As for Arashi, I do think these few years will be truly critical for them to hold on to their popularity and go a long way in the industry.
    yes, that's prob the show. its staged but people seemed to like it.

are tokio and V6 not doing well? I was not aware. I wonder why in comparison, Kinki Kids are doing well....actually, I find that Tang Ben Gang sometimes do come across as having some attitude problem. But, he is very funny.