Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Arashi

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    are tokio and V6 not doing well? I was not aware. I wonder why in comparison, Kinki Kids are doing well....actually, I find that Tang Ben Gang sometimes do come across as having some attitude problem. But, he is very funny.
    Neither Tokio and V6 singles are able to hit 100 000 units in the first week, their singles usually only manages to sell around the 100 000 range by the end of the year. Unlike NEWS, ARASHI, Kanjani8 who usually sells 150 000 or more in the first week, and eventually top up to 200 000 or so by the end of the year.

Kinki Kids are doing so well after so long probably cause they actually have pretty good songs, and Tsuyoshi is a really good singer. Not to mention that both Domotos have quite established solo careers as well - the same cannot be said for Tokio and V6.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Neither Tokio and V6 singles are able to hit 100 000 units in the first week, their singles usually only manages to sell around the 100 000 range by the end of the year. Unlike NEWS, ARASHI, Kanjani8 who usually sells 150 000 or more in the first week, and eventually top up to 200 000 or so by the end of the year.

Kinki Kids are doing so well after so long probably cause they actually have pretty good songs, and Tsuyoshi is a really good singer. Not to mention that both Domotos have quite established solo careers as well - the same cannot be said for Tokio and V6.
    Many said he is a really good singer but I honestly don't see why.

I really like Aozora Pedal now and I love the MV a lot.

I am not too sure what's G no Arashi about exactly, I've only watched a few episodes here and there. From what I've gathered from the few episodes, it's either they are playing games or doing experiments during the A no Arashi section. As for Mago Mago Arashi, two of the members will go to an elderly couple's place and be their grandsons for the day or something.

By the way, I think G no Arashi is going to have a revamp, the new show will be called Q no Arashi.

It's quite common for JE groups to have their own variety show, regardless whether they are amazingly popular or already pass their peak. Arashi has Mago Mago Arashi and G no Arashi, folks like KAT-TUN regularly appears on Utawara, SMAP has their own show SMAPXSMAP and so on.
    Actually, I am still confused about the naming of their variety shows...like why G no and why there's a sub-section A-no.....Mago mago Arashi is my sister's favourite because she gets to see the Arahi members doing normal things and you get to see them being so down to earth. but Tellywelly, you are so right..they are so funny and random that you don't need subs and can still find them so funny! but still I would love to see fan-subbed versions...

For a while, I was watching some NEWs clips but Arashi is definitley my favourite JE group. They have a great chemisty and deep running friendship which is so rare among those in the same group, esp since they were picked to come together to form Arashi on rather short-notice.
    Last edited by strawberry; 09-03-06 at 12:46 PM.

I know that Jun has removed his extensions after receiving much negative comments from fans. but watching some past episodes of Mago mago, I think he didn't looked that bad now, yes very pretty-looking but not exactly girly so i can accept it now a lot better..anyway, the guy took it off already.

well, i guess its the way he poses with his hair extentions, sometimes Jun looks quite girly with his hair extentions as he also has quite a small build and is very skinny, but i think in one of the MVs he actually looks not too bad with the hair extentions, so i think it is all a matter of different perspectives. but either way, he still looks very hot and handsome..

I am naturally bias against guys who have curly hair, because I've yet to find one who looks really really good with curly hair.

Domoto Tsuyoshi is considered a very good singer in JE cause he has a really nice voice and he sounds absolutely tune perfect live - which can't be said for everybody. Most of JE folks lip sync on live shows, either that or they sing part of the song live while the chorus part is lip synched. Pretty obvious actually, cause when they start sounding good, it means that they are not singing live. KinKi Kids almost always sing live, cause the two Domotos are actually quite good at it.

Jun's curly hair will be back soon, since he'll be filming HYD 2, well, at least I the curly mop of Doumyoji is slightly better than curly hair extensions.

Let me spam this thread a little seeing they are somwhat lacking behind...
    Arashi's Asian concerts start this weekend..from taiwan!

does anyone have a mp3 of aiba's solo on the one album called itsuka no summer? or jun's solo called W/ME? has anyone bought their new CD arashic? is it worth buying? which of their other CDs are the most worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    does anyone have a mp3 of aiba's solo on the one album called itsuka no summer? or jun's solo called W/ME? has anyone bought their new CD arashic? is it worth buying? which of their other CDs are the most worth buying?
    I like their first CD. overall, it has a lot of fast genki catchy songs that I like. Arashic is more retro and fast jazz.

I like their first CD. overall, it has a lot of fast genki catchy songs that I like. Arashic is more retro and fast jazz.
    hmm..okay..which other of their CDs are also nice? is their ONE cd not bad? they seem to have their own solos in that album, for now im just scouting around..

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    hmm..okay..which other of their CDs are also nice? is their ONE cd not bad? they seem to have their own solos in that album, for now im just scouting around..

One Cd is also not bad...I suppose I am not very helpful here..sorry...

One Cd is also not bad...I suppose I am not very helpful here..sorry...
    its okay..thanks...

Arashi went to Taiwan to hold concerts recently. It was almost funny to watch some of the clips about them in Taiwan... because it was all MatsuJun MatsuJun MatsuJun. It wasn't surprising since Jun is the more well known member of Arashi outside of Japan due to the large number of dramas he did. But still, it's an Arashi tour afterall, not MatsuJun & friends.

Of course, Arashi has to speak some Mandarin in Taiwan, Jun and Sho were pretty good while I couldn't get what Ohno was trying to say though. One of the clips I saw showed Arashi singing A.RA.SHI in Mandarin... OMG, that was truly, very very funny even though it was less than 5 seconds. What are they going to do, sing the song in Korean when they Korea and in Thai when they are in Thailand?

Arashi went to Taiwan to hold concerts recently. It was almost funny to watch some of the clips about them in Taiwan... because it was all MatsuJun MatsuJun MatsuJun. It wasn't surprising since Jun is the more well known member of Arashi outside of Japan due to the large number of dramas he did. But still, it's an Arashi tour afterall, not MatsuJun & friends.

Of course, Arashi has to speak some Mandarin in Taiwan, Jun and Sho were pretty good while I couldn't get what Ohno was trying to say though. One of the clips I saw showed Arashi singing A.RA.SHI in Mandarin... OMG, that was truly, very very funny even though it was less than 5 seconds. What are they going to do, sing the song in Korean when they Korea and in Thai when they are in Thailand?
    I was too caught up in Pi's thread to respond to Arashi's posts here...anyway...your comment about 'Matsu Jun & Friends'? That was really funny!

I was watching Arashi's stuff tonight, mostly their old MVs plus some recent ones and they are still my favourite group. I think they still can't be beaten in terms of likeability as a group.

Seeing their old MVs, they were really kawaii back then. I had a lot of fun watching them as a group.

Btw, my sis feels that Sho Sakuari does the best Japanese rap in JE..what do you guys think?

Default Not to be missed....

You know, as a fan, I believed that there are some Arashi stuff that are not to be missed.. First and foremost, my sis and I agree that this classic clip of them waking one another up while doing a special fan activity in Hawaii is one of them. You’ll see Jun Matsumoto in his unglam but really kawaii days! And you get to see Arashi all unglamed as a group. How many JE groups do we know that actually lets their fans see them like that? I think not many at all.

I seemed to be talking to myself at the Arashi thread....no one else interested in Arashi?

Not too many Arashi fans here I guess. Strictly speaking, I am not really that much of a fan as well, I do enjoy watching their stuff but I don't get all excited over Arashi like I do over Pi and Kanjani8. However, I do get pretty happy watching Nino though.

It's definitely Nino > Arashi and Pi >>> NEWS.