Thread: Justice League of Wuxia - who should join?

Default Justice League of Wuxia - who should join?

Just got back from a fun and interesting weekend at Comic-Con International in San Diego, California, where I hung out with Justice League members Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman (or at least, people who dressed like them).

Who would you pick to join the Justice League of Wuxia? Find seven wuxia characters whose abilities and personalities match the main seven Justice League members.

Superman : Brave and noble defender of truth and justice. Not only one of the most powerful members of the Justice League, but probably the most purely heroic. A leader of people and an inspiration to all, especially his Justice League teammates.

My pick(s): Gwok Jing, Kiu Fung

Batman: Extremely cunning and resourceful. Although not powerful, probably the most dangerous member of the Justice League due to his quick mind and preparedness for every situation. A master tactician who operates in the shadows. A good man, and brave and noble...but somewhat arrogant and aloof.

My pick(s): Yeung Gor, Sai Mun Chui Sheut.

Wonder Woman: Very powerful and a true warrior, and yet paradoxically, also a teacher and diplomat who encourages peaceful solutions to problems whenever possible. The heart and conscience of the Justice League.

My pick(s): ROCH era Wong Yung, Ah Ching, Lui 4 Leung

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) : Perhaps the most powerful Justice League member of all. A fearless and honest man, but also something of an egotistical hotshot who likes to show off (he's a test pilot in his regular identity). A ladies man given to flirting, and a man who is not afraid to uphold his principles with his fists.

My pick: Luk Siu Fung, Chor Lau Heung

The Flash (Barry Allen) : Quiet, reserved, and methodical (he's a police scientist in his civilian identity). He is the fastest man alive, but he is never recklessly impulsive. The Flash uses his great scientific mind to supplement his superspeed power. Known for being humble and humane.

My pick: Cheung Mo Gei

The Martian Manhunter: Like Superman, the last survivor of a dead alien race, but unlike Superman, not universally embraced by humanity as one of their own. Nevertheless, J'Onn J'Onzz the Martian Manhunter is a noble and courageous soul who has taken it upon himself to use his power to quietly help and protect the people of Earth, although he will forever be an alien to them. Very powerful (on par with Superman, and has a few abilities that even Superman doesn't). Also, J'Onn has seen great suffering during his long lifetime (Martians are longer-lived that Earthlings, and J'Onn has lived several Earth centuries), and has thus grown very wise and enlightened.

My pick: Shaolin monk Hung Geen

Aquaman: King of Atlantis and Lord of the Seas. A brave and courageous leader who has the unswerving loyalty of his subjects. He is mistrustful of surface-dwelling humans because they frequently impinge upon Atlantis and pollute the Earth's oceans, but he will nevertheless defend them because it is the right thing to do.

My pick: East Heretic Wong Yerk See

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

The Flash (Barry Allen) : Quiet, reserved, and methodical (he's a police scientist in his civilian identity). He is the fastest man alive, but he is never recklessly impulsive. The Flash uses his great scientific mind to supplement his superspeed power. Known for being humble and humane.

My pick: Cheung Mo Gei
    I thought the Flash was more childish and impulsive? He seems that way in the JL cartoons. Always trying to crack jokes and such.

Linghu Chong for Flash?
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    I thought the Flash was more childish and impulsive? He seems that way in the JL cartoons. Always trying to crack jokes and such.
    That's because the animated series used the third Flash, Wally West, and not the second Flash, Barry Allen.

Let me get you up to speed (sorry; bad pun):

The first Flash was Jay Garrick. Jay was the star of FLASH COMICS from 1940 to 1953, and has appeared somewhat regularly in other DC Comics (especially the later FLASH comics) since. He was a university student and star athlete who, circa 1940, gained the power of superspeed when he inhaled the fumes of a substance called "hard water" in a laboratory accident. This Flash eventually became a member of the JSA and fought in World War II. In the Pre-COIE days, he was the Flash of Earth-Two. In Post-COIE continuity, he is the original Flash. Jay Garrick is still active as the Flash today, although he has been in semi-retirement for years and has generally taken a back seat to the Flashes who have followed him.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/4155/jay17vw.gif')

Jay Garrick, the Golden Age Flash

The second Flash was Barry Allen. Barry debuted in SHOWCASE # 4 (generally considered the first Silver Age comic book) in 1956 and was the star of THE FLASH comic book title from 1959 to 1985. He was a police scientist from Central City. One night, an errant lightning bolt shot through the window of his laboratory, hitting a shelf of chemicals the contents of which spilled all over Barry, giving him the power of superspeed. Inspired by his childhood hero, the original Flash, Barry created a new, modernized Flash costume (the one we know today) and began a career as the new Flash. As the Flash, Barry was a founding member of the JLA and one of the greatest heroes of his generation. After a successful career that lasted a number of years, Barry died saving the universe from the Anti-Monitor during the Crisis On Infinite Earths. Although the character died in the CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS maxiseries back in 1985, he has often appeared in flashbacks and other cameos since.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/3268/barry15zg.gif')

Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash

The third Flash was Wally West. Wally, who first appeared as the teen hero Kid Flash during the early 1960s, was the star of the third FLASH comic series, which started in 1987 and wrapped up at the end of 2005 (a new FLASH comic, whose starring character has not been revealed, will debut in 2006 after the end of INFINITE CRISIS). He was the nephew of Barry Allen's girlfriend (later wife), Iris West. As a child, Wally idolized the Flash (Barry Allen). When Wally was at the age of 10, his aunt Iris brought him to Central City, where he finally met his hero. While the Flash explained to Wally how he had gained his superspeed, the exact same lightning accident that had given Barry his powers occurred to Wally, granting Wally the same superspeed powers that Barry had. From that point on, Wally fought crime alongside the Flash as Kid Flash, and later became a founding member of the Teen Titans. Years later, Barry Allen died during the Crisis On Infinite Earths. To honor his late mentor's memory, Wally took Barry's costume and Flash title to continue the work begun by Barry. Wally has had an extraordinary career as the Flash in his own right, but is currently missing in action after helping to defeat Superboy Prime in INFINITE CRISIS # 4.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/5403/wally58ni.gif')

Wally West, the Modern Age Flash

But yes, Ling Wu Chung would match the Wally West Flash (so would Yeung Gor, to a certain extent).