Thread: East Heretic Wong Yerk See and the DGSD "go" game?

Default East Heretic Wong Yerk See and the DGSD "go" game?

Given his brilliant mind and expert knowledge of 5 Elements 8 Octagon traps, how would East Heretic Wong Yerk See have fared in the DGSD go game that confounded Mo Yung F'uk, Deun Yu, Deun Yin Hing, and others?

To solve this puzzle, one need to be able to think unorthodox. Dont know if HYS could solve the puzzle, but if he cant, then no one can. (dont even mention XZ, that lucky *#!)
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    To solve this puzzle, one need to be able to think unorthodox. Dont know if HYS could solve the puzzle, but if he cant, then no one can. (dont even mention XZ, that lucky *#!)
    That go puzzle was pretty simple actually. The key is to let your opponent kills some of your pieces in order for you to proceed. However, many chess players thought they had to get themselves out of the sticky mess their chess pieces are in, how to survive the hostile surroundings. Hence, they started concentrated too much in the chess game, imagining themselves in that situation being surrounded by millions of enemy troops, apparently an impossible situation, as a result, they turned to suicide.

Whether HYS understands this point is beyond me. His intelligence is undeniable, but there is a possibility he might fall into this trap. However, Wuyazi used this chess game to try to find a successor, a super-intelligent one. And I believe HYs falls under this category.

I believe HYS could actually do it. First he is a genius. Second, he does think unorthodoxly.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Following up on this question, could Wong Yerk See have escaped from the maze inside which Mo Ngai Tze had been hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Following up on this question, could Wong Yerk See have escaped from the maze inside which Mo Ngai Tze had been hiding?
    Maze? This is knew to me. Sounds interesting, more info pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I believe HYS could actually do it. First he is a genius. Second, he does think unorthodoxly.
    but to become a student one also have to be very handsome.

I imagine HYS to be alright looking. Does he not seek that in his students a bit as well? At the very least, he's not butt ugly like XZ.

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    Maze? This is knew to me. Sounds interesting, more info pls.
    I have a feeling this is going to turn into one of those "TVB made that up" moments.

If TVB didn't, however, then here's the score: after Hui Juk won the go game, he was knocked into a maze during the fight between Ding Chun Chou and that Soo whatshisface of the Siu Yiu Sect. It was in there that Hui Juk met Mo Ngai Tze and got his first infusion of inner power.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    but to become a student one also have to be very handsome.
    I actually imagine HYS to be a pretty good looking person. Not like super super great one, but a decent one at least.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I have a feeling this is going to turn into one of those "TVB made that up" moments.

If TVB didn't, however, then here's the score: after Hui Juk won the go game, he was knocked into a maze during the fight between Ding Chun Chou and that Soo whatshisface of the Siu Yiu Sect. It was in there that Hui Juk met Mo Ngai Tze and got his first infusion of inner power.
    I have wacht that series, but I dont remember a maze. I thougt that its just a cave.

Even though HYS is unorthodox, he still has a big trait that may prevent him from winning:

Pride.

His pride may have stopped him sacrificing pieces, especially in front of his peers.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    Even though HYS is unorthodox, he still has a big trait that may prevent him from winning:

Pride.

His pride may have stopped him sacrificing pieces, especially in front of his peers.
    Good point. All the others also suffers from this trait, I think.

I doubt pride has anything to do with sacrificing pieces. In fact I would think that saccing a bunch of stuff is the most flashy way to play.

Probably it was just that the first move was very hard to find.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually, HYS may fall in the same trap as DYQ, and get depressed about his wife and kill himself. he was intelligent but this go game involves being able to see through tricks. in roch, HYS fell for ZBT's tricks and fell into a hole filled with dung and set of a trap that poured urine on OYF and him. the go game was actually harder for intelligent people, because they will rake their brains to solve the most obivous problem. duan yu couldn't find a solution and gave up, thus avoiding the danger. but some one like HYS, who is obstinate will not give up till he cracked the game. XuZhu won because he did not care about winning(life and death in the game) so found a solution, accidentally.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

The difficulty of a go game depends on one's go skill, not on intelligence.

Xu Zhu got the first move not because he had some insight, but rather purely by luck. And then he didn't know how to proceed afterwards.

Sacraficing one of your pieces to get an advantage in chess is a pretty obvious move that most decent chess players are aware of, so I wonder why it was made to be such a brilliant move.

Well, I assume this is one of those psychic sacrifices which can't be calculated out.

I mean, if you sacrifice a piece as part of a combination it's not really a "sacrifice" since you 100% know that you'll get back equivalent material. Or else mate the opponent.

But it's very impressive when some guy sacrifices his queen for vague seeming benefits and 20 moves later his opponent resigns and you see that the queen sacrifice was actually planned out that far ahead.

Presumably the move in the go game was very non obvious and it was only after the opponent's response that things clarified and the "forcing" line could be found.

By the way, don't get the impression from this post that I'm any good in chess.