Thread: Entertainment News 24th July

Default Entertainment News 24th July

Time for another update I guess.....

Some of you may know, that the 'International Comic Con' is currently underway in San Diego, which means a lot of footgae is revealed as well as pictures and posters.
    Clips of Frank Miller's "300" were shown, as well as "GRIND HOUSE" and "SPIDERMAN 3". And speaking of, here's a first look at Venom from the third installement, due to hit cinemas on May 4th:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9789/sm3wp21024x768iq8.jpg')

Some of the footage revealed showed him in all his glory......
    The official site has undergone some updates as well, so be sure to check it out over here.

"STAR TREK" fans can look at a teaser over here.

Now to "GRIND HOUSE", and if you want to know, what the was shown during the footage, the head over here. It sounds like a whole lot of stupid fun. I guess, what Robert and Quentin are trying to do, is create the best "worst" movie! :P
    Also, Kurt Russell will play Stuntman Mike in "DEATH PROOF" (Tarantino's half). It was the first time Tarantino had been allowed to talk about the casting.
    "You've never seen him like this before," said Tarantino regarding Russell in the role. "Never, ever, ever!"
    Rodriguez said the "PLANET TERROR" shoots were solely at night and that he is talking with John Carpenter in regards to providing the music for the feature.
    Tarantino also added that he would like to make two anime "KILL BILL" prequels. The first would be an origin film about Bill and his mentors, while the second would be another tale including The Bride.

'Latino Review' says The Joker has been cast in the "BATMAN BEGINS" sequel:
    "We were first to tell the world that Brandon Routh was going to be the new Superman. Now here we are at it again as we just got word from a very trusted sourcethat the offer last night was officially made to Heath Ledger to star as The Joker in the "BATMAN BEGINS" Sequel!"
    That gets a "nooooo" from me. What do you all think? Could he really make a convincing Joker? It should have been Adrien Brody.....

The "STAR WARS" animated series is now scheduled to premiere in 2008 and the live action series sometime before 2010.
    The animated series is set late during the Clone Wars after Anakin Skywalker has achieved the rank of Jedi Knight.
    It was laso said, that the script for "INDIANA JONES 4" is a cuple of months away. Spielberg mentioned that David Koepp is still working on finishing the "INDIANA JONES 4" script, and that "JURASSIC PARK III" director Joe Johnston is standing by to direct "JURASSIC PARK 4". Again...."nooooo"!!!
    If you head to this site, Spileberg also gives updates on his Abraham Lincoln project and his upcoming space travel film.

If you head over here, you can have a look at some set pics of next years sure hit "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN" AT WORLD'S END". I don't want to post them here, and then be held responsible for illegally publicing images, that shouldn't be online. Still....worth a look!

Here's the poster for the upcoming flick "THE FOUNTAIN", which I'm very much looking forward to:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9122/postfountain1vj3.jpg')

And Daniel Craig is already confirmed to star in the 22nd installement of James Bond.....

I hope you all have a great week!!!

Trailers:

- Renaissance (Teaser Trailer)
    - The Fountain (Theatrical Trailer)

- The Prestige (Teaser Trailer)
    - A Scanner Darkly (First 24 minutes)
    - Children of Men (Teaser Trailer)

- Rocky Balboa (Theatrical Trailer)
    - The Grudge 2 (Behind-The-Scenes Feature)
    - Déjà Vu (Theatrical Trailer)
    - TMNT (Teaser Trailer)