Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smile Pasta ft. Cyndi Wang and Nicholas TEO

not sure why he is listed as Teo. I think it has to do someting with him being Malayasian.. and Teo is malaysian while Zhang is mandarin.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

If anyone wants to watch this series with Viet sub (direct link), pls pm me, i'll send u the links

Ah yes, this series is highly recommended to all you guys. You MUST fall in love with it ^^

Is Nic's acting stiff in here?cuz i think he's a newbie in acting.

Does anyone know if the series has finish screening yet..?

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    Is Nic's acting stiff in here?cuz i think he's a newbie in acting.
    I think Nicholas's acting is quite alright, considering Smile Pasta his debut drama.

Quote Originally Posted by SlAm~
    Does anyone know if the series has finish screening yet..?
    Hmm... eps. 13 was aired in Taiwan last Sunday, heard that the drama will ends @ eps. 15/16, nobody knows about yet.

When you see the Nic acting, it's so charming and cute. Especially, in the part where he secodn time goes to Smiling Pasta and has Xiao Shi to prepare for him a pasta and smiles so cute!!!!!!! Although there are parts where acting could be improved, still he is much better that actors in Peach girl...
    Anyways, go, go, go Nic!!!!!

Hum... Really didn't find this show attractive, even if a lot of people seem to love it... Watched 3 episodes already in YouTube... In my opinion, the main actor, Nicolas, looks way too young and quite plain... Perhaps it is because I'm watching this series without any sound... since my computer doesn't have a sound card... My, my, isn't it pathetic? However, must admit that the set and costumes in SP are nice...
    Last edited by lysil; 10-25-06 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    not sure why he is listed as Teo. I think it has to do someting with him being Malayasian.. and Teo is malaysian while Zhang is mandarin.
    For some of chinese in Singapore and Malaysia, sometimes their lastname is written using their dialect instead of mandarin. Teo is Zhang in Hokkien and Teochew
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

the greatest drama other than ISWAK. It will be great to see them together in another drama. They're so cute together. need to finish last part though.

i agree.. this is one of the best taiwenese series.. i can't wait for the whole series to end...

can someone tell me where I can watch this sereis with english suds!! I only saw the first ten mins of it on youtube!!
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

Finishing watching Smile Pasta on YouTube, it's the most funny & relaxing drama that I've watched this year! Oh the chemistry between Cyndi & Nicholas is natural as well, I almost think that both of them as real couple in life too!

I think the storyline is pretty cute. Considering it's the taiwanese version of fullhouse, I will say that I actually prefer this storyline, because there is actually something going on besides house cleaning and bickering.

But their acting really needs work. Cyndi Wang, Nicholas Teo and Xiaoqiao all need improvement. And gosh, Nicholas Teo's voice is soooooo annoying, it's so girlish. When he's arguing with Gino, I just feel as though his speaking voice sounds like a high pitch duck in comparison. Not to mention his accent, it sounds really weird when you place him beside a cast of taiwanese actors. But of course, his singing is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I think the storyline is pretty cute. Considering it's the taiwanese version of fullhouse, I will say that I actually prefer this storyline, because there is actually something going on besides house cleaning and bickering.

But their acting really needs work. Cyndi Wang, Nicholas Teo and Xiaoqiao all need improvement. And gosh, Nicholas Teo's voice is soooooo annoying, it's so girlish. When he's arguing with Gino, I just feel as though his speaking voice sounds like a high pitch duck in comparison. Not to mention his accent, it sounds really weird when you place him beside a cast of taiwanese actors. But of course, his singing is very good.
    Well duh, thats why Cyndi Wang and Nicholas Teo are known as singers and not actors. Can't really expect a singer to be a good actor, can you?

Gino almost looks better with the hairstyle he had in Frog Prince, here he looks like some 80s guy...i dunno.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Well duh, thats why Cyndi Wang and Nicholas Teo are known as singers and not actors. Can't really expect a singer to be a good actor, can you?

Gino almost looks better with the hairstyle he had in Frog Prince, here he looks like some 80s guy...i dunno.
    I won't say that. Just because Cyndi Wang is a singer, doesn't exactly mean she's a good singer. Just because Gino is a dancer, doesn't mean that he can't be a good actor? Just that Xiaoqiao is in 7F and acted in multiple shows, it doesn't mean that 1. she's a good singer, 2. she's a good actress. Are you saying that they all have to be pigeonholed into their respective careers and not expected to step beyond the boundaries?

I won't say that. Just because Cyndi Wang is a singer, doesn't exactly mean she's a good singer. Just because Gino is a dancer, doesn't mean that he can't be a good actor? Just that Xiaoqiao is in 7F and acted in multiple shows, it doesn't mean that 1. she's a good singer, 2. she's a good actress. Are you saying that they all have to be pigeonholed into their respective careers and not expected to step beyond the boundaries?
    Now you're misinterpreting me and putting words in my mouth. What I meant was that Cyndi and Nic didn't start out as actors and so they would have less experience than the ones who started out acting from the start. So as singers their acting are not expected to be great and whether they're a good singer or not is beside the point. The judgement here is their acting in this series. And as I recall this is Nic Teo's first role in a tv series.
    So of course Cyndi, Nic, and XX's acting are quite raw and needs more experience in hope of improving their acting.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Anyone know how many episodes this series going to be?

In Malaysia market, they are only selling Part One which contains 12dics in it. I'm still waiting for Part Two of this series to be out. Does anyone know when will they launch it?
    I really can’t wait …

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Now you're misinterpreting me and putting words in my mouth. What I meant was that Cyndi and Nic didn't start out as actors and so they would have less experience than the ones who started out acting from the start. So as singers their acting are not expected to be great and whether they're a good singer or not is beside the point. The judgement here is their acting in this series. And as I recall this is Nic Teo's first role in a tv series.
    So of course Cyndi, Nic, and XX's acting are quite raw and needs more experience in hope of improving their acting.
    Obviously I know that their acting isn't good. But I don't see how that needs a "well duh" reply. Because some newcomers are actually good in their first role. I dont think we can exactly call Xiaoqiao a newcomer anyway.

is this series really that gud?

i've seen so many of my friends watching this

Obviously I know that their acting isn't good. But I don't see how that needs a "well duh" reply. Because some newcomers are actually good in their first role. I dont think we can exactly call Xiaoqiao a newcomer anyway.
    The Keyword is some.

OK. Would you prefer "Well yes, I agree"? A slight difference in word choice but to me the same meaning.