Thread: A Delicate Heart- Alec Su, Alyssa Chia, Nicholas Tse, Charlene Choi

Default A Delicate Heart- Alec Su, Alyssa Chia, Nicholas Tse, Charlene Choi

hey everyone this is my latest fanfic. its been some good reviews from some ppl on winglin so i decided to share it here with u guys. hope u enjoy it!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/1950/vbreq6ee9lg.png')

Past encounters
    Immortalized in each other's mind
    The thrills of a dance led me to you
    Your delicate heart was what I fell in love with
    But it's going to take you away from me
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Characters:

Alyssa Chia

Alec Su

Gao Yuan Yuan

Peter Ho

Nicholas Tse

Charlene Choi

and many guest stars...

Default Chapter 1

oh ignore the dates. they're just there to help me keep track of how long it takes me to write this fanfic. they really have nothing to do with the story itself.

4/27/06
    Jie Jie- older sister
    Alec sat watching the newly engaged couple dancing in each other’s arms happily. Yuan Yuan and Peter looked at each other and smile back. A smile that Alec wished that he was a part of but he knew that his chance was over for a long time now. Yuan Yuan once belonged to him five years ago. She and he had met in college and they hit it off and soon they were a couple. Their relationship lasted until the end of college. He and her went their separate ways when he couldn’t make a commitment to her. Their entire time together was like that he could never make any guarantees to her. He just didn’t like the idea of being held down and he still didn’t to this day.

Not far from his table, Yuan Yuan’s little sister was sipping a class of wine. She too watched the newly engaged couple in admiration. She wished that she could find a love like that. She took her eyes off the couple and searched the reception. Her eyes fixated on one gentleman. He looked familiar to her. A picture from her memory came flashing in her mind. A picture from Yuan Yuan’s college graduation. The guy was standing next to Yuan Yuan in that picture. “So this is the famous boyfriend”, she thought, “the very one that for a long time Jie Jie claimed to be the love of her life.”

Alec sat back in his seat and stopped looking out on the dance floor. He went back to listening to all the conversations that was going on. A girl was approaching his table. She looked quiet familiar but he couldn’t figure out where he had seen her before. She stopped right in front of him. “May I have the honor of having the next dance?” she asked. He accepted her gesture after all he never turned down a dance with a pretty girl before in his life.

They danced to a slow song. It was a bit awkward at first but soon after everything seemed to fit in place. They seem to be moving to each other’s rhyme and rhythm. After the song ended, they bowed. She embraced him in a warm hug which surprised him. “Thanks for the dance. It was a pleasure and it’s no wonder why my sister loved you so much!”

Default Chapter 2

oh by the way comments are always incouraged! leave as many as u want to.

4/29/06
    Mei Mei- little sister
    Alyssa had been awake at the crake of dawn. She was now sitting at her coffee table sipping a cup of fresh-brewed coffee. She was flipping through the pages of her magazine. As she was glancing through the pages, an article stroke up her interest. “Alec Su, new editor-in-chief of Craze magazine was seen last night dancing with a lovely vision in blue”, she read aloud, “She left abruptly after their dance. He is in search of this enchanting maiden and has yet to know her name”. She laughed after this and closed the magazine. Her suspicions were right this was in fact a Craze magazine that she had been reading. The name of the magazine that she would start working at as of today. The digital clock on the TV flashed as it turned eight. It was time to start getting ready for work.

Alec had been in a meeting all morning. The magazine editors were a bit pissed about his little article that was published. They kept telling him not to use the magazine for his personal gain. He thought that since his parents owned the magazine that he could put anything in it but that assumption was a false on. He looked at his watch. It was already nine o’clock and that meeting had taken two hours of his precious time. The elevator doors sprung open and he walked in. He pushed the button for the first floor.

The doors of the elevator began closing as he took off his sunglasses when he saw a girl running towards his way. “Hold the elevator !” she yelled. He pushed the elevator door and she run in. She stopped to catch her breathe. “Second floor, please”, she said once she got her breathe. He pushed the button and looked over at her.
    “It’s you”, he blurted out. She smiled as she straightened herself up.
    “I guess I left a lasting impression on you last night”, Alyssa replied.
    “I did put you in my magazine and for that I just got into a lot of trouble for with the other editors “, Alec answered.
    “That’s what you get for using your magazine for your love life”, Alyssa replied with a smirk.

Before he could answer the elevator doors sprung open and she headed outside. She turned around and bowed to him. She turned around and was about to leave when he grabbed her hand. “Wait a minute! I still haven’t learned your name yet. All I know about you is you’re Yuan Yuan’s Mei Mei.” Alec cried out. Alyssa let go off his hand. “I’m Alyssa”, she replied, “And today is my first day here as you’re new secretary."

Hey, Mandy! I have to send you Chapter 1 of SH4. I have to change your name into pin yin and I believe Mandy = Man Chi?

Hey, this is Emilyy from winglin xD guess u decided to post it on here? winglin is down XD so i decided to post some story on here as welll well hope to see you put in new chapters!

Default Chapter 3

5/12/06
    Her glossy smile was her best feature. His face brightened up every time she flashed him one. After a week of flirting and pleading, Alec had finally gotten Alyssa to have dinner with him. There was something about her that infatuated him. She wasn’t afraid of anything or anyone. Her confidence empowered her ability to get everything she desired. Yuan Yuan was nothing compared to Alyssa.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that Alyssa had gotten up from her seat. She was now heading in the direction of a couple that had just walked in. She invited them over to the table. Alec got up to greet them when he noticed that it was Yuan Yuan and her fiancé, Peter. They all sat down and neither spoke to the other. Quick glances were exchanged between the two sisters. Alec watched as the glances as they were being passed from Yuan Yuan to Alyssa and back. He grew impatient waiting for a conversation to start up. He looked over at Peter and knew that Peter himself was having the same thoughts, too.
    “I’m Alec and I’m guessing that you’re Peter.”
    “Yeah, you’re right. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you”, Peter replied.

Yuan Yuan stared at Peter as if she was trying to tell him something afterwards. As soon her eyes were no longer fixated on him, he immediately asked Alyssa to dance. They headed to the dance floor leaving Yuan Yuan and Alec sitting directly opposite from one another. Alec could see that she felt betrayed. Her eyes gave her away. They always have and they continue to do now in this moment. In fact, this was the only thing that she and Alyssa shared in common.
    “What do you want with my sister?” Yuan Yuan finally asked.
    “Am I forbidden from seeing her?” Alec replied.
    “Listen to me carefully, Alec. She doesn’t need you in her life but I know that I can’t stop her from seeing you. If you ever hurt her, I’m going to make you pay. You’re the last person she needs trouble from”, Yuan Yuan warned him.

Before Alec could retaliate, Alyssa had made it back to the table. She jumped in saying, “Jie Jie, I’m a big girl now. I know how to stand up for myself. You don’t need to worry about me anymore. Alec, care to dance?”
    “I’d love too”, Alec replied. They left hand in hand and headed to the dance floor. Yuan Yuan stood with Peter amazed. In an minute, her sister had matured from a little girl to a woman. She thought to herself, “Alec, I get now why your so bedazzled by my sister. She’s unlike every other woman you’ve ever been with in you life. Mei Mei, you’ve grown up. I hope you know what you’re doing but if he hurts you, he’s going to have hell to pay with me”.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oh yah emilyy there is something defintely messed up with winglin right now. i hope they fix it soon. and vivian i started writing the next chap i'll send it to u in a day or two.

Default Chapter 4

5/14/06
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The sun had been awake for about two hours now but Alec was still lying in bed. He had been awake since the sun first came up. He was normally an early riser but he was way too distracted and mesmerize to do so. To his right was a sleeping maiden. Her naked back glistened brightly in the sun. His fingers glided across her back. Her skin was so smooth. It was as soft as a baby's. He could see that she was beginning to stir. He pulled his fingers back.

Alyssa's eyes had just opened up. That was the best sleep she had in ages. She giggled silently when she remember the events of last night. She turned her body around to face Alec. She looked at him and vice versa. They both broke into laughter. They only stopped when Alec placed his finger on her cheek. He rubbed her cheek with it. She pulled his fingers back.
    "Last night was great but I do have to tell you something. There is no us. All that I can offer you is this and only this", she declared.
    "You're stealing my line. I'm usually the one that says that", Alec replied. "Out of curiosity, what are we exactly?"

She looked around his room. She pulled herself out of bed. Alec was now sitting in bed watching her. He pinched his arm under the covers to make sure that he wasn't dreaming. The most lovely and intriguing beauty was standing in the middle of his bedroom. Her whole body covered in white silk bed linen. Alyssa looked around for her clothes. She gathered them all and headed into the master bathroom. She stopped in the doorway. She turned around and Alec was still sitting in bed watching and waiting for an answer.
    "Aren't you going to join me?"
    "Not until you answer my question", Alec said.
    "I see. What are we? Friends with benefits", Alyssa replied simply and with that Alec got up and followed her in the bathroom. The door closes shut behind them.

Alec drove Alyssa back to her house. He got out to open her side for her. He leaned against his car as she stood a couple feet away from him.
    "You're going to be late", Alyssa said.
    "I know but this is more important", Alec answered.
    "And exactly how many times have you used that line before?" Alyssa asked. He laughed at her. He placed his hand on her hips and kissed her. They enjoy a brief kiss and about five minutes later, he watched the door close behind her as she entered the front door of her house.

Default Chapter 5

5/14/06
    A month passed by in a matter of minutes for these two. Alec had stepped into the banquet hall and on his arms was his best friend, Chae Rim. She had returned from Korea the day before. Craze Magazine holds a meet and greet for all the celebrities around this time every year. As soon as he enter in he quickly went to his job of greeting celebrities. Chae Rim left his arms to go mingle in with the crowd of people. Everyone that one could possibly think of in the entertainment world was here. Alec greeted everyone as he made it down the banquet hall. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Alyssa on the other side of the room. He headed towards her. He tapped her shoulder when he was close to her.
    “A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be standing alone.”
    “Fancy seeing you here. Who says that I’m alone?” Alyssa replied once she turned around.
    “So where’s the lucky guy?” Alec asked.
    “Getting drinks. I think that you’re actually the one that’s here alone”, Alyssa announced.
    “In your dreams, look at me do I look like someone that would be here alone?” Alec said with a chuckle.
    “So where’s the lucky girl?”

Alec was about to answer when Alyssa turned around. She grabbed a glass of champagne out of a guy’s hand. She flashed him a smile as she entwined her free arm into his.
    “Alec, this is Vincent Zhao. Vincent, this is Alec. He’s my boss”, Alyssa replied. Alec and Vincent shook hands. Vincent leaned over and whispered something into Alyssa’s ear. She smiled and nodded her head. Vincent grabbed the glass out of her hand. He set his and hers at a table.
    “Well, Alec it was a pleasure meeting you but we should go and enjoy the rest of this party”, Vincent said as he and Alyssa hit the dance floor.

Alec sits down at a nearby table to where Alyssa and Vincent were dancing. He had downed about four glasses of champagne as he watched them. Chae Rim noticed this from across the room. She heads over to him. She sits down opposite to him. He doesn’t even noticed her. She watches as he watches Alyssa and Vincent through the entire night.

The party had ended. Alyssa and Vincent were hand in hand as they headed through the exit. Not far up ahead, Alec was talking to Chae Rim by a limo. Alyssa and Vincent walk out and down the steps. Chae Rim notices them. She waited for the perfect moment for when Alyssa would pass them. Her chance finally came. She quickly grabbed Alec and kissed him. Her eyes look behind to make sure that Alyssa was watching. When she saw exactly what she wanted she let go off Alec.

Alec stands there in a bit of surprise. He noticed however that Chae Rim wasn’t looking at him. She was looking farther back pass him. Alec turned around and there she was. Alyssa had stepped dead in her tracks at the bottom of the steps. She was staring at him. Her eyes looked so sad and hurt. He looked back at her. She moved her eyes off of him and over to Chae Rim. She blinked and grabbed Vincent’s hand and headed off in the other direction.

Default Chapter 6

5/15/06
    *special thanks to raini7o5*
    Alec watched at Alyssa headed off in the opposite direction. Tears start to form in his eyes, he forgot everything that was going on and began chasing after her. He ran as fast as he could. He grabbed her arm and pulled her away from Vincent. He stood with her in his arms on the side. He could see that tears had flowed out of her eyes and they still were. He put both of his thumbs on her face and began wiping away her tears. No words were exchanged between these two but they were still having a whole conversation between them. Alyssa could see that Alec had cried, too. She placed her finger on his face to stop a tear from falling from his face to the ground. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. When they broke free, Alyssa looked back over to Vincent.
    “I’m sorry.”
    “It’s alright. I’m only your ex and I can see that you’ve found true love”, Vincent replied and with that he left.

Alec wrapped his arm around Alyssa and they headed off back to the limo. He walked pass Chae Rim and opened the door for Alyssa to get in when Chae Rim pulled him back.
    “Alec, what are you doing?” Chae Rim cried. There was no answer. He kept looking over at Alyssa who was standing by the limo. “You’re supposed to be here with me! You came here with me and it’s only fair that you leave with me!”
    “Chae Rim, please don’t do this. I’m sorry but this is what my heart wants”, Alec replied.
    “No, what does she have that I don’t? Why does some lowly secretary have to be the first person that you choose over me?” Chae Rim yelled. She headed over to Alyssa. “This is all your fault. What have you done to Alec?” Chae Rim said shaking Alyssa. She stopped only to rise her hand in the air. She was about to slap Alyssa when Alec grabbed her hand in midair. She looked back. His eyes were so cold to her. He had never given her that look before in his entire life. He had never treated her like this before.

Suddenly, they heard a loud thud. Alec let go off her hand quickly. He looked over to Alyssa. She had collapsed on the ground. He ran to her. “Alyssa, wake up! Please wake up!” He frantically dialed 911.He tried to tell them as calmly as he could what had happened but the words couldn’t escape out of his mouth. He hung up and picked Alyssa up. He put her into the limo and told the driver to get them to the nearest hospital as soon as possible.

Default Chapter 7

5/20/06
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Alec watched Alyssa sleeping. She was hooked up to so many machines and monitors. He worried for her yet he was afraid to make even the slightest budge. They had gotten into a fight earlier and she had kicked him out of her hospital room. He made sure she was asleep before sneaking back in. He watched her and wondered- how can such a lively girl be so sick? He wept his face with his fingers. Tears were imprinted on his face. The same few lines kept playing in his head.

* Mini Flashback”
    “She’s stable for now but her condition is growing worst. The tumor on her heart is growing and it will have a great effect on her”, the doctor had said.
    “Isn’t there anything we can do?” Alec replied.
    “We can perform surgery on her but Ms. Chia had signed papers stating that she doesn’t want to seek any surgical help”, the doctor answered.
    “How long does she have left?” Alec asked
    “About a six months to a year at the most”, the doctor replied sadly.
    * End of Mini Flashback*

Alyssa woke up early in the morning. She felt a warmth in her left hand. She turned around and was surprised to see Alec there fast asleep holding on to her hand. She smiled. She sat up slowly trying hard not to make any sudden noise. She slowly rummaged her hand into his hair. She couldn’t believe that he was here after she kicked him out. They had gotten into a bad fight last night over the fact that she didn’t want to have surgery perform on her. As she thought about that fight, she couldn’t believe that she was able to kick Alec out of her room after he confessed his love for her. She couldn’t believe how mean she was to him after he told her he loved her and only her.

She saw that Alec was beginning to stir . She took her hand out of his hair and laid down in bed. She pretended she was still sleeping. He got up and stretched his entire body out. He grabbed his coat and looked over at Alyssa.
    “I can’t believe that I confessed my love to you. I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. In the short time that I’ve known you, you’ve managed to turn me into a love sick fool. I told myself that I would never be like that but here I am. I am truly sorry for yesterday. I hope you can forgive me”, Alec said to Alyssa’s back. He headed towards the door and turned the doorknob.

Alyssa could hear his footsteps approaching the door. She knew that he was about to leave.
    “I love you, too”, she declared. Alec turned around and could see that Alyssa was sitting in bed facing him. She had the most inviting eyes. He set his coat back down and headed over to her. He leaned over the bed and placed a kiss on her forehead. She pushed him back afterwards as she got up. She stood on her tiptoes and placed a kiss on his forehead. She set her foot back on the ground and looked at him. He pulled her into his arms for a warm hug.
    “You know ever since I fell for you, I just can’t get enough of love”, Alec whispered in her ear.
    “Me neither”, Alyssa replied back.

Default Chapter 8

6/12/06
    A dashing man dressed in all black pacing back and forth down the street. Every now and then he would stop in the middle looking at the front door. He formed a fist to knock but he would stop due to hesitation. As he held his fist in midair memories from the pass came rushing back to him. The smile of a girl came floating into his mind. A love that he once cherished more than anything. She had been a huge part of his life during his teen years way back when his singing career first started. At that time, he thought that he could handle it all the fame and fortune along with the love. However he soon realized that it was all to good to be true. He had to give up one or the other. The fame and the fortune or the love? In the end, he choose the singing career not that he wanted too. He would have given all up for the girl but the girl didn’t want him to. She saw that he would regret this choice.

After all these years and all the other girls in his life, none of them was able to match the love that he had felt for the very first one. His first love still had a strong hold on his heart. It had been eight years since he last saw her. The very first moment that he had met her had changed his life forever. He will never forget the girl that had walked into his gym class in search for the science building which was on the other side of the campus. Escorting her to her science class was the best five minutes of absolute bliss he had ever felt in her class even though all they had time for a little chit chat between each other.

Standing on her doorstep was in fact a coincidence. He just happened to ran into her sister after a photo shoot. They chatted away and one things led to another and they started talking about Alyssa. Pretty soon, he was slipping a piece of paper with her address on it in his pocket. Remembering this he realized that this was all fate. Fate wanted them to met up again. He turned around shaking himself free of all the doubts and worry. He knocked on the door but there was no answer. He waited for a couple minutes before heading in the opposite direction. When he noticed a couple heading his way, he moved over to the side trying not to run into them. As he passed the couple, he had a familiar feeling. He had seen this girl before. She stopped too and turned around. “Nic Tse…”, she said with a long pause.

He could recognized that voice anywhere. After all these years, her voice still rang as clear as water in his ear. Yet there was still doubt in his heart, he turned around to make his suspicions sure. There she was standing there looking at him. He laughed as she smiled at him. It was as if this moment was a scene from a movie, his first love running into his arms embracing him in a warm hug after a long absence.

Default Chapter 9

7/1/06
    Alec rushed out of his office in search for Alyssa. He had finally found a doctor who would be able to perform surgery on her heart. For weeks now, he has been searching for someone with enough credentials to help her. He did all of this even though he knew that she didn’t want any surgical assistance but it had taken him twenty-seven years to find true love and he wasn’t going to give her up without a fair fight.

He looked everywhere for her in the building yet there was still no sign of her anywhere. He glanced down at his watch. It was noon. “Time for lunch”, he thought as headed towards the elevator. As his steps got him closer to his destination, a weird feeling wrapped tightly around his heart. A feeling that he had never encountered before still managed to find its way to him. He shrugged it off as he hit the elevator button.

The minute the elevator doors sprung open, the same feeling returned to him. There standing in front of him were Alyssa and Nic. Shy, timid glances were exchanged quickly between Alec and Alyssa. Nic noticed the awkwardness between them. He had a way to end all of this tension but he was reluctant to do so. Yet as the seconds passed by, the awkwardness threatened to suffocate them all. He swallowed his pride and said, ‘We were just headed out to lunch. We came back to get Alyssa’s purse. Care to join us for lunch?”

“It would be my pleasure”, Alec replied. The doubt in his heart was beginning to take control of him. Lunch was the one relief he foresaw that just might relieve him of this unwanted feeling.

Default Chapter 10

7/2/06
    The wind tossing her long black hair in the air as she strutted down the buzzing streets of Taiwan. Hand in hand, she carried her finds after a shopping spree. With each street, she left behind, more and more people started noticing her. She held a close resemblance to Charlene Choi but no one could tell for sure since a pair of aviators hid her big brown eyes and that was the way she wanted. No one to stop her to ask for a picture or an autograph of any sort. She continued gracing down the streets not letting anyone or anything distract her. As the stoplight turned green, she made her way from one end to the other with the rest of the crowd. Yet as the crowd continued on without her as she stood dead in her tracks due to a sight she witnessed a couple of feet in front of her.

In a nearby café, Nic was having lunch with two others; a man and a woman. Charlene recognized the girl immediately from a picture that Nic had shown her once. Alyssa and Nic had a past that Charlene had heard about. She lifted her sunglasses to the top of her head to get a better look. What was Nic doing here? Didn’t he have some big important interview today? Her curiosity had taken the best of her. She headed towards the café but came to a halting stop a short distance away from them. She couldn’t do it. This was none of her business. She turned around and headed off in the other direction.

Nic was finishing off his cup of coffee when he noticed a familiar figure out of the corner of his eye. A slender figure that had define curves and long black hair. The aviators resting on the hop of her head was what gave her away after he had given them to her for her birthday not a short while ago. With that he got up and bid farewell to Alec and Alyssa.
    “Charlene!” He yelled out trying to catch up to her. She turned around and they had come face to face. He embraced her into a warm hug leaving her breathless and speechless.
    “What are you doing here?” he asked after letting her go.
    “Just a little shopping”, she managed to say after finding her voice again. “Actually what are you doing here? Didn’t you have some big important interview today?” Nicholas chuckled a little as he flicked his loose bang out of his face. “Silly girl, that was this morning. I was just enjoying lunch with some friends. So where are you headed off to now?”
    She smiled feeling a bit dumb as she answered, “Back to my hotel suite.”

They headed towards the direction of her hotel. Side by side with Nic holding her bags over his shoulder; laughing and chatting the time away.
    “This is me”, Charlene announced as she collected her bags from him. She held onto his hand as she stood on her tiptoes and planted a kiss smack on his cheek. As she let go, Nic pulled her back into his arms. He stroke her hair behind her left ear and whispered, “What’s wrong? We both know that you can do much better than that.”
    “I thought that…”, she tried to answer but she lost her voice again. Nic could see what she had been trying to hide as he looked into her eyes.
    “You saw her back at the café, huh? Listen Alyssa was my first love. She and I are no longer together. We’re only friends. You have nothing to worry about”, he said reassuring her as he peered into her big brown eyes.

She held onto his hand tightly as they headed into the entrance of the hotel. She knew that there was something he wasn’t telling her but she didn’t want to ruin this moment with unwanted questions. After all she was the one that was here with him and there was no where else she’d rather be.

Default Chapter 11

7/2/06
    Meanwhile at lunch, Alec was watching Alyssa. He could see by the expression on her face that she was not happy. Alyssa’s eyes moved left to right as she skimmed through the folder that Alec had given her. She couldn’t help but get angrier and angrier by the minute. She couldn’t look at the doctor’s credentials anymore so she tossed the folder onto the table without a second thought to it.
    “What is this?!”
    “The answer to our problem”, Alec replied.
    “The last time I checked this was my problem and I told you that I don’t want or need any surgery I’m fine with my condition. I can live with it”, she said furiously.
    “Live with it? For how long? A month? Four? A year tops? Alyssa, please do this for me”, Alec pleaded.
    “Do this for you? Since when did this involve you. You went behind my back and decided what’s best for me without my opinion”, she yelled. Alec clenched his hand into a fist. He pounded the table trying to vent out some of the frustration that had been boiling inside of him.
    “Trying to keep you alive is going behind your back?! What do you call what you’re doing then? I thought that you loved me but when my back is turned around you’re out with him?!”
    Alyssa took a deep breathe. She clenched her hand on the table and cried, “Don’t you dare turn this around on me! You know better than anyone that there’s nothing going on between me and him. Who said I loved you? How can I love a player like you? You know if you keep this up, there will be nothing left between us!”

With that, Alyssa stood up grabbed her purse and stormed off. She ran as fast as she could away from the café. The last thing that she wanted him to see were the two streams of tears pouring out of her eyes and down her cheek.