Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamashita Tomohisa

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I am not sure if its Sayaendou because the title of the songs are in Jap. its the first track on the CD single cover where the guys are dressed in flamboyant red hawaiian shirts. I have not heard Cherish before though....the 2 songs I like are Ima shock me and something 'horray horray'.

I guess JE would package them in certain ways but like Arashi, I feel that the Arashi we see on TV could be just what they are like in person.
    Yes, Sayaendou is definitely the song if the guys are dressed in flamboyant red hawaiian shirts. The something horray horray song is 'Kibou Yell', their second single.

I do think what we see on tv is just a small part of who they truly are, since they are probably told to behave in a certain way, certain characteristics will show definitely. Perhaps I am being too cynical, I just feel that idols are not 100% or even 70% themselves on screen.

I have notice that the JE stars do not have much negative news as far as love life goes. Its like the paparazzi in Japan is not as aggressive. like eg, Yamapi and his co-star from Nobuta have acted in 2 serials opposite each other but you don't hear rumours that they are seeing each other that sort while the in Hong Kong and taiwan, such rumours would have been widely speculated.

Another related observation, it seems that the Japanese are very suportive of their own celebrities esp the JE stars! I wonder why? I am always amazed at that since its the totally opppsite situation here in Singapore. Its no wonder that their groups do not have to venture outside of Japan as far as concerts go since they are worn out just doing concerts within Japan itself.
    I think the paparazzi is not that aggressive in Japan too, probably a culture thingy. But negative news for any JE members will equal to major. So far in last year and this year alone, two members have been suspended for underage drinking, suspension practically means disappearance from the world. No other members are to refer to them, their merchandise are all taken off the shops, all appearances on tv shows cut. Earlier this year, Akanishi Jin was caught going on a date with Uehara Takako (former Speed member), and he has been kept in cold storage ever since. No dramas for him, given that he's touted as one of the upcoming stars next to Pi and Kame, it's truly tragic for him. As for Pi not haveing any rumours with Nobuta, the reason is because... Kame is the one rumoured to be with her. It was a short lived rumour though.

Yea the Japanese are very supportive of their own stars, same goes for Hong Kong and Taiwan abliet to a lesser extent. Japan being such a huge country can afford to self sustain, if folks in HK and Taiwan do not venture out into the internationall, it's hard for them to survive in the industry for long. Also, there's the language problem, Chinese music can span over S'pore, M'sia, Taiwan, HK and China but not Jpop.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Isn't it natural for guy's voice to deepen over the years as they grow up?? Haha, I guess he's not as girly as he was before, he speaks and sings more like a man now?Arashi is definitely one of the better sounding names out of the various JE groups. NEWS is just... blah, North East West South, but not as bad as KAT-TUN though.

NEWS's popularity line - I think the focus of the group currently is more on the older members, namely Pi, Nishikido Ryo, Koyama Keiichiro, and Uchi Hiroki as well if he was not suspended for underage drinking last year. Pi and Ryo are given many chances to star in high profile dramas and solo projects; Koyama is given alot of hosting roles as well. The rest of the members kinda fade into the background, since, one - they are still pretty young, two - not outstanding enough. I do think Arashi members have a slight difference in popularity, but certainly nothing as bad as NEWS huge gigantic difference in popularity. I find the younger members really lacking in confidence, it could be due to the fact that they have a mega star among them, and the fact that Pi wasn't happy to be in NEWS initially as he had to debut without his pals in his previous group 4TOPS.

As for KAT-TUN, their popularity problem among members is as bad as NEWS, perhaps even worse since the two most popular members, Kame & Akanishi Jin, always feel like they are on bad terms with each other. The four other members of KAT-TUN are not given many chances in acting and stuff as well, and they do fade into the background as well.

I do think having too many members in a group is quite a big problem, looking at SMAP, V6 (split into 2 groups), Kinki Kids and Arashi. It feels like 5 members and below are more ideal since overcrowding is much of an issue.
    while we expect guy's voices to deepen as they grow up, not all do, so its a pleasant surprise that yamapi did. imagine, if he had idol looks but sounds like erm...for example Beckham, that 'll be sad, won't it? ha ha...anyway, no offense to Beckham fans.

its feels that Jin and Kame don't get along? erh..how come? I heard from my sister that Kattun is also very popular in Japan so I guess its more because of these 2 guys.

yes, I have also come to the conclusion that 5 and below is the best number of members to have in a group. you are so right on that overcrowing issue.

Personally, I don't take to Ryo much. Koyama's ok. I actually perferred the lesser-known ones after Yamapi like Shige, who's studying law and Masu who looks so young and looks such a nice guy.
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-30-06 at 03:33 AM.

Yes, Sayaendou is definitely the song if the guys are dressed in flamboyant red hawaiian shirts. The something horray horray song is 'Kibou Yell', their second single.

I do think what we see on tv is just a small part of who they truly are, since they are probably told to behave in a certain way, certain characteristics will show definitely. Perhaps I am being too cynical, I just feel that idols are not 100% or even 70% themselves on screen.

I think the paparazzi is not that aggressive in Japan too, probably a culture thingy. But negative news for any JE members will equal to major. So far in last year and this year alone, two members have been suspended for underage drinking, suspension practically means disappearance from the world. No other members are to refer to them, their merchandise are all taken off the shops, all appearances on tv shows cut. Earlier this year, Akanishi Jin was caught going on a date with Uehara Takako (former Speed member), and he has been kept in cold storage ever since. No dramas for him, given that he's touted as one of the upcoming stars next to Pi and Kame, it's truly tragic for him. As for Pi not haveing any rumours with Nobuta, the reason is because... Kame is the one rumoured to be with her. It was a short lived rumour though.

Yea the Japanese are very supportive of their own stars, same goes for Hong Kong and Taiwan abliet to a lesser extent. Japan being such a huge country can afford to self sustain, if folks in HK and Taiwan do not venture out into the internationall, it's hard for them to survive in the industry for long. Also, there's the language problem, Chinese music can span over S'pore, M'sia, Taiwan, HK and China but not Jpop.

JE"s truly harsh on their young stars...I know there is a lesson to be learnt for them but its kind of too harsh. I suppose they think that if its not, the guys might not learnt their lesson and the heavy penalty serves to be a long time reminder when they are tempted to do anything 'silly' again. First time hearing that Jin piece of news about him being in cold storage. I suppose its pretty hard on them as well since they like any young people will be attracted to the opposite sex and want to go on dates as well..welll....you can't have the best of both worlds. one more thing, there's also the duration of that cold storage...so long! like a year?! My gosh, I thought the penalty for Uchi and Kusano was bad. I read that Uchi was caught kissing a girl! I don't know how true is that.

JE"s truly harsh on their young stars...I know there is a lesson to be learnt for them but its kind of too harsh. I suppose they think that if its not, the guys might not learnt their lesson and the heavy penalty serves to be a long time reminder when they are tempted to do anything 'silly' again. First time hearing that Jin piece of news about him being in cold storage. I suppose its pretty hard on them as well since they like any young people will be attracted to the opposite sex and want to go on dates as well..welll....you can't have the best of both worlds. one more thing, there's also the duration of that cold storage...so long! like a year?! My gosh, I thought the penalty for Uchi and Kusano was bad. I read that Uchi was caught kissing a girl! I don't know how true is that.
    JE is harsh on their young stars definitely, but then again, their young stars' fanbase are made up of mainly impressionable adolescene girls, they need to project a good image. Underage drinking is a major issue in Japan, Uchi and Kusano being suspended indefinitely is not surprising.

The older members are more free to do their own thing though, Takizawa Hideaki goes on and on about how much he drinks but he never gets into any trouble since he's already an adult. The older members from SMAP and V6 are also rumoured to have girlfriends but they are careful enough not to be caught, Akanishi Jin was just too careless. Moreover, of all the girls in Japan, he had to pick somebody from a rival company, Uehara Takako is from the same company as W-inds and Lead, JE ultimate rival.

JE is harsh on their young stars definitely, but then again, their young stars' fanbase are made up of mainly impressionable adolescene girls, they need to project a good image. Underage drinking is a major issue in Japan, Uchi and Kusano being suspended indefinitely is not surprising.

The older members are more free to do their own thing though, Takizawa Hideaki goes on and on about how much he drinks but he never gets into any trouble since he's already an adult. The older members from SMAP and V6 are also rumoured to have girlfriends but they are careful enough not to be caught, Akanishi Jin was just too careless. Moreover, of all the girls in Japan, he had to pick somebody from a rival company, Uehara Takako is from the same company as W-inds and Lead, JE ultimate rival.
    Actually, I thought their fanbase was quite wide...there are many okasans who like Arashi...

Actually, I thought their fanbase was quite wide...there are many okasans who like Arashi...
    Arashi has been around for many years, but not folks like NEWS and KAT-TUN.

Arashi has been around for many years, but not folks like NEWS and KAT-TUN.
    I think even NEWs have older fans but I am not so sure about Kat-tun, their image is catered to young females specifically.

Just add info,

The news about Jin's being frozen after his pics n Takoko are taken is not true. The news is spread long time ago, end of last year and that time Jimusho had given the official statement that they already broken up when the news are out. He's not in dorama activities or sumthing because now his turn to get a 'break' after the last year full hectic schedule he had.

If it's about breaking the laws, JE and the media are very strict on this,there's always a 'punishment' waiting , but not that strict if it's about a private life.

I suppose no one knows the answers to the 2 random questions above.

anyway, I got round to watching some old NEWs clips. now, i understand why my sister went on and on that Uchi is pretty. He really is! Such a pretty boy, such a pity he went and wreck his own career...anway, heard he will be coming back in Sep.

I also took notice of the other members. I really think Masuda is so sweet and cute! I read that he was famous for his big sunshine smile which he really has!

I really don't like Ryo much. maybe I am baised but I don't like bad-tempered guys and ever since I heard some stuff that he's quite mean, I dislike him even more since I din't even like him in the first place. Of course, I hope its not true that he's not that bad.

As for Koyoma, I think he's the most talkative and lively. There was 1 episode of this talkshow and I think the guys were talking about the volleyball tournament and about one of the players, then suddenly she appeared and the guys were so shocked! Aftert that, Koyoma and Yamapi, esp Koyoma sat a distance from her though she was just next to them......I thought their behaviour was so funny and cute!
    Last edited by strawberry; 08-02-06 at 10:54 AM.

I have no idea whether Pi wear braces or not, even if he did, he wear it off screen since I don't recall ever seeing him with braces in his earlier days.

Rumours are rift that Uchi will be back in September in time for Kanjani8's new single and upcoming concerts. Interesting bit to note is that the first day of K8's concert falls on Uchi's twentieth birthday and will be held in Sendai, the place he was caught for underage drinking. Hmm... picking himself up where he fell down?

I actually quite like Ryo, he can be pretty mean sometimes with the stuff he says, but I don't think he's really out to insult other people. He's not bad-tempered, he just has an evil tongue. The K8 members who have known him for years always say that Ryo is the shyest of them all and his poison tongue is a way to hide his embarassment.

Koyama is certainly very lively and a natural host, given the NEWS guys are not very good at hosting/talking, Koyama really stands out by speaking alot. I think the talkshow you are talking about is Hey!Hey!Hey!, I remember the volleyball tournament thingy when the female player came out. Did you finish watching the whole thing, cause in the later part of the show, two Kanjani8 members came out and talked about Ryo and Uchi.

I have no idea whether Pi wear braces or not, even if he did, he wear it off screen since I don't recall ever seeing him with braces in his earlier days.

Rumours are rift that Uchi will be back in September in time for Kanjani8's new single and upcoming concerts. Interesting bit to note is that the first day of K8's concert falls on Uchi's twentieth birthday and will be held in Sendai, the place he was caught for underage drinking. Hmm... picking himself up where he fell down?

I actually quite like Ryo, he can be pretty mean sometimes with the stuff he says, but I don't think he's really out to insult other people. He's not bad-tempered, he just has an evil tongue. The K8 members who have known him for years always say that Ryo is the shyest of them all and his poison tongue is a way to hide his embarassment.

Koyama is certainly very lively and a natural host, given the NEWS guys are not very good at hosting/talking, Koyama really stands out by speaking alot. I think the talkshow you are talking about is Hey!Hey!Hey!, I remember the volleyball tournament thingy when the female player came out. Did you finish watching the whole thing, cause in the later part of the show, two Kanjani8 members came out and talked about Ryo and Uchi.
    yes I saw that 2. is your favourite among them?

yes I saw that 2. is your favourite among them?
    No, not these two. These two guys, Yokoyama Yuu and Murakami Shingo (commonly referred to as Hina) are the MCs for K8, just like Koyama is the MC for NEWS and Aiba for Arashi.

No, not these two. These two guys, Yokoyama Yuu and Murakami Shingo (commonly referred to as Hina) are the MCs for K8, just like Koyama is the MC for NEWS and Aiba for Arashi.
    huh? since when is aiba the mc for Arashi?

anyway, about the braces question, i asked because watching so many clips from the past and comparing to the present, I notice quite a few JE guys who from having unattractive teeth to having the most beautuful ones...like Jun and Tehgoshi, thus that prompted my question. of course, we have never seen them in braces on screen.

and I must say that the jap guys in JE are not very tall. Aiba looks really tall in his group and in JE but he's only 175cm...in fact, at 174, yamapi is considered among the taller guys in JE as well.

huh? since when is aiba the mc for Arashi?

and I must say that the jap guys in JE are not very tall. Aiba looks really tall in his group and in JE but he's only 175cm...in fact, at 174, yamapi is considered among the taller guys in JE as well.
    MC as in the person who talks more, but Aiba do give me the feeling that he talks more than the others, as do Koyama.

The taller folks in JE... I think Jimmy Mackey is really tall, over 180, he towers over the other guys when they stand beside each other. KAT-TUN's Junnosuke is pretty tall as well.

MC as in the person who talks more, but Aiba do give me the feeling that he talks more than the others, as do Koyama.

The taller folks in JE... I think Jimmy Mackey is really tall, over 180, he towers over the other guys when they stand beside each other. KAT-TUN's Junnosuke is pretty tall as well.
    I always find it so interesting and amazing that from among the quietest in the group, Aiba has now become the ‘spokesperson’ for the group. Previously, Sho seemed to do more of the talking since he is the most composed member among them. Amazing how things have changed, isn’t it?

I did manage to finish Dragon Zakura for Yamapi. In the end, it was an ok serial not as bad as I thought. I did'tn like the lead actor, I read that he has a very long face, like a horse. It felt mean but the description is true. I think if you like love story, you might like this serial because in the end, what I like best was the seemingly hidden feelings and tension Yamapi had with his childhood sweetheart and not so much his current girlfriend. The actress who played his childhood sweetheart was very sweet-looking I feel.

A more objective review of Dragon Zakura would be its a high school drama that shows how the a bunch of students from the louiest high school are grilled to pass the exam for Todai/univeristy of Tokyo by this lawyer-turned teacher. shows the problems faced etc. and the interactions bt the lawyer with one of the existing Female teacher of the school.

btw, I like the sub-theme song sang by Yampai here, I think its nice!

I am watching kurosagi.. Yampi is a cutey pie
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07