Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Yamashita Tomohisa - Page 9
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamashita Tomohisa

Pi doesn't have a webpage, but there's a blog that regularly updates translations of Pi's jwebs. You need a password to access the site though, since it was locked recently due to flamers. The link is here, you can email the webmistress for the password.

I didn't watch the NEWS Nippon DVD, just saw random clips of it on youtube, NEWS back in those days were a little too young and skinny for me. The only stuff I watched are from around late 2004 to early 2006 period.

I wouldn't say I know alot about Uchi, but here's what I gathered about him from both NEWS and Kanjani8 clips -- Uchi is the youngest member in K8, hence he's often treated like a kid and spoiled by the older members. It's really quite obvious how the rest indulges and dotes on him in K8. However, he's consider the older members of NEWS (even though Massu is older by a few months) and always get to stand in front while folks like Massu & Shige stands behind. I suppose since he's the 'older' member of the group, he behaves different, cause he's usually a major dork with the K8 folks.

I'm sorry but I only watch stuff from youtube... hence no alternative links, I probably can't find the exact clip whereby Ryo slapped Kusano now since I watched it eons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RainingBakas
    Ummm Does anyone think that Yamapi will be ....like recognised more anytime soon?~ Even my Jap friend said he duno who yamapi is T_T

Another insult of Yamapi today T_T " He won't ever go famous even if he has 5 years to do it...." OMG! IS THAT TRUE?? But haha.............the less people who know bout him the better wuahaha.............<If you people know what I mean *evil lafs*>
    GOGOGO Yamapi~~ ~!~! GAMBARE!!!!!!!!..I really wonder...does yamapi wanna be famous?...
    I don't think Pi will actually try to seriously break out of the Japanese market, other than doing some shows in Taiwan and maybe Hongkong. Why should he when the Japanese market if self sustainable, it would be far more lucrative for him to carve out a proper name for himself within Japan rather than going to the Chinese market where the returns are not high.

Pi went on Heyheyhey a couple of months back to promote Daite Senorita, I suppose this time it is for Fever & Future promotion. The song is rather bleh for me, as is the PV, I have not watched it yet but will probably do it soon. I am getting quite behind on watching Pi's stuff. Just watched his perfomance of Seishun Amigo with Kame on 24 Hr TV. It certainly brings back alot of memories of both Nobuta and the craze that hit everybody back when it was first released.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I don't think Pi will actually try to seriously break out of the Japanese market, other than doing some shows in Taiwan and maybe Hongkong. Why should he when the Japanese market if self sustainable, it would be far more lucrative for him to carve out a proper name for himself within Japan rather than going to the Chinese market where the returns are not high.
    Now that you mention it, I think so too. But if international audience starts to notice him and really good opportunity presents itself, he should....cause it might mean even more lucrative possibilities We never know how the tide turns in the entertainment industry...see how Korean dramas just became an almost overnight craze because of Winter Sonata and that Bae Yong Jun.

Just to clarify, I wastn't so much thinking of him singing Chinese pop or such but that international audience know him as a Japanese artist...more of increasing Zhi Ming Du internationally than actively breaking into Chinese markets.
    Last edited by strawberry; 08-30-06 at 09:45 AM.

Pi went on Heyheyhey a couple of months back to promote Daite Senorita, I suppose this time it is for Fever & Future promotion. The song is rather bleh for me, as is the PV, I have not watched it yet but will probably do it soon. I am getting quite behind on watching Pi's stuff. Just watched his perfomance of Seishun Amigo with Kame on 24 Hr TV. It certainly brings back alot of memories of both Nobuta and the craze that hit everybody back when it was first released.
    yah, that song is not that great, the chorus was the best part of it. Someone said that Seishun Amigo has practically become the National Anthem of Japan...it was so funny... but it certainly seems so!

and Seeing Kame and Pi together certainly brought back wonderful memories.

Beansprout,

Did you read that article on the whole idea of same gender coupling within JE on the website on Pi's translations?The ideas discussed were pretty interesting and It actually set me thinking that the JE guys do seemed closer than most guy friends in general. I don't think most Singaporean guys would be comfortable to develop that kind of closeness with each other, not even bet close friends. This is most exemplfied in dramas in the form of Nobuta. When I think of Akira and how he loved to harass and hang around Shuji... once, my sis just can't help but commented that Akira is just in love with Shuji but he does not know it.

of course I am not suggesting that they are a gay couple but their closeness is something that brings to mind same gender crushes most prevalent during high school time, a time when the young are at their most impressionable, innocent and confused.
    Last edited by strawberry; 08-30-06 at 10:09 AM.

Lol thank you beansprouts for the link!!~

I don't really mind if Yamapi goes international or not because I can keep him all to myself if he aint international *evil cacklez* <--------------The type of things that a Yamapi fan would say.

Yamapi should have the freedom to do what he wants xD not what people WANT him to do! mmm...But if international people notice yamapi....he will have less freedom dontcha think?

And..Seishun Amigo as the japan national Anthem? OMG! I SOOOOOOOOOOOO WANNA HEAR IT XD

I agree with strawberry that JE guys are really close together xD Weren't most of them childhood friends?...Maybe that's the reason why they're so close together? Ahh....I'm not against gay..but I won't want Yamapi to be gay >.>..*evil grin*

I'm super obsessed with Seishun Amigo for some weird reason o.O...is it the dance that's stuck in my head? *kon-kon* ahahaha..love that XD
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...als/yama11.gif

You don't need a reason to help people ;P

Have a life that you really wish for someday.

Wo bu shi bai chi! Wo shi ben dan!

@strawberry

Boys love in JE is certainly an interesting topic, I am more inclined to think that all the touchy feely stuff that the JE folks do are fanservice and nothing more. I am pretty sure that the JE guys' friendships run very very deep, most of them know each other since they were 11 or 12 and spent hours together practicising, touring and went through literally thick and thin in their path to stardom. Their close knitted friendships probably allow them to touch each other without feeling too embarassed or awkward, and at the same time play up the supposed BL that fans absolutely love (including yours truly).

Why do regular guys on the streets who are great friends do not go touchy feely like the JE folks... well, I think cause it's socially unacceptable for males to do that. I am often quite touchy with my close friends, not just so I am female, but more because it is not frowned upon by others when girls get touchy touchy. While male stars in general can get away with this by attributing it to fanservice.

Actually, I think fans will get quite mortified if their idols turn out to be truly homosexual, despite how much they support supposed couples like Akame and Tomapi. I don't know... maybe fans know that they'll never get a chance with their idols, it's easier for them to picture their idols together rather than with some other girl. Would fans get equally excited if Pi is caught in a picture being touchy touchy with some unknown male in front of a love hotel? Nah, it will turn into a PR disaster and create a scandal of unimaginable proportions.

And..Seishun Amigo as the japan national Anthem? OMG! I SOOOOOOOOOOOO WANNA HEAR IT XD

I'm super obsessed with Seishun Amigo for some weird reason o.O...is it the dance that's stuck in my head? *kon-kon* ahahaha..love that XD
    I was quite obsessed with the song a while ago as well, it was on repeat on my music player and I totally had the dance memorized. I don't know about Seishun Amigo being the unofficial National Anthem, I always think that special honour is reserved for Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana by SMAP.

@strawberry

Boys love in JE is certainly an interesting topic, I am more inclined to think that all the touchy feely stuff that the JE folks do are fanservice and nothing more. I am pretty sure that the JE guys' friendships run very very deep, most of them know each other since they were 11 or 12 and spent hours together practicising, touring and went through literally thick and thin in their path to stardom. Their close knitted friendships probably allow them to touch each other without feeling too embarassed or awkward, and at the same time play up the supposed BL that fans absolutely love (including yours truly).

Why do regular guys on the streets who are great friends do not go touchy feely like the JE folks... well, I think cause it's socially unacceptable for males to do that. I am often quite touchy with my close friends, not just so I am female, but more because it is not frowned upon by others when girls get touchy touchy. While male stars in general can get away with this by attributing it to fanservice.

Actually, I think fans will get quite mortified if their idols turn out to be truly homosexual, despite how much they support supposed couples like Akame and Tomapi. I don't know... maybe fans know that they'll never get a chance with their idols, it's easier for them to picture their idols together rather than with some other girl. Would fans get equally excited if Pi is caught in a picture being touchy touchy with some unknown male in front of a love hotel? Nah, it will turn into a PR disaster and create a scandal of unimaginable proportions.
    I reckon..it's natural to touch your close friends (OMG that sounds so wrong ahhh...) even when you're a guy o.o.....I started playing with my friends face after 3 months of meeting her hahaha.....Can't guys do that? o.O......aish...stereotype's kick in ey? I really hate stereo-type's e.g."All Azns are smart" <--- That is SO NOT TRUE, and I CAN BE EVIDENCE! *grins*

LOL!!!!!!!!.and......That last paragraph is SOOOOOOOO funny xD ahh...I'm going hypo from tea...*stops self from laughing so early in the morning <3am>* Agh..I shouldn't be.....readding threads! ARGH! Assignment! AHHHHHH.....*dies before deadline*

@strawberry

Well, well, well Beansprouts, I think you provided a very rational explanation for this...well done. and females..the things we do to deceive ourselves when obsession sets in...ha ha...

Which brings to mind....Takuya Kimura must have broken a lot of hearts when he got married in 2000. Heard that he's the only priviledged one in JE so far who got married with JE's blessings, meaning aknowledged and such. Did his popularity dip after that?

Takuya Kimura? Never heard of him o.O

that's Mu Cun Tuo Zai.

Oh my gawd... you've never heard of Takuya Kimura 木村拓哉? I can understand if people do not know who is Yamashita Tomohisa, but Kimutaku is like THE golden male lead of jdramas back in the late 1990s. Here's a picture of him to refresh memories, click on it to see the full size ---

As for his marriage, it sure shocked alot of fans and broke hearts all over. I am not sure whether his popularity dips or not, since I don't pay much attention to him. But I do think he has already reach a level where he's pretty respected as an artiste, marriage can't hurt him much. If Pi got married now, it'll probably spell the end of his career.

Oh my gawd... you've never heard of Takuya Kimura 木村拓哉? I can understand if people do not know who is Yamashita Tomohisa, but Kimutaku is like THE golden male lead of jdramas back in the late 1990s. Here's a picture of him to refresh memories, click on it to see the full size ---

As for his marriage, it sure shocked alot of fans and broke hearts all over. I am not sure whether his popularity dips or not, since I don't pay much attention to him. But I do think he has already reach a level where he's pretty respected as an artiste, marriage can't hurt him much. If Pi got married now, it'll probably spell the end of his career.
    yes I agree, but Pi is not likely to be getting married any time now, he's much too young.

I really would like to ask Pi where he got the inspiration to portrayed Akira the way he did...a little drunk and innocent etc, etc? Is that the way he imagined Akira to be?

Akira is a very tian (1) zhen (1), lan (4) man(4) person.
    Last edited by strawberry; 08-31-06 at 08:11 AM.

btw, I love to watch that clip of Pi on Hanamaru Cafe in late Jun. Did anyone else see it?

LOL late 90's you say? I was even BORN in the 90's >.> (Just a kid that has never heard of Takuya Kimura)

.....Ahh....Even if Yamapi gets married I will still like him as an idol xD (As I said before, I like people/things for a long time) As long as Yamapi still does SOME entertainment somewhere, he's stilll my idol xD..anyway...if Yamapi gets married...I expect the girl to be really nice and pretty xD too suit Yamapi hahaha....<That's my opinion>

What...clip from Jun? o.o....~ *clueless*

LOL late 90's you say? I was even BORN in the 90's >.> (Just a kid that has never heard of Takuya Kimura)

.....Ahh....Even if Yamapi gets married I will still like him as an idol xD (As I said before, I like people/things for a long time) As long as Yamapi still does SOME entertainment somewhere, he's stilll my idol xD..anyway...if Yamapi gets married...I expect the girl to be really nice and pretty xD too suit Yamapi hahaha....<That's my opinion>

What...clip from Jun? o.o....~ *clueless*
    clip of Pi when he appeared on that programme called Hanamaru Cafe and that episode was in late Jun.

mmmmm..I duno where you get to see programmes of Yamapi T_T....Besides drama's =.="....I mean...GAWSH! I am so clueless about it all *sniffs* Where'd you see the clip?~ ......*screams* AHH!! Australia's DELAYED!!!! Like anime.....for exmaple...An anime that was out in 2000, Australia gets it like 5 years later =.=...dammed delayed~