Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scavengers' Paradise 《同撈同煲》

Default Scavengers' Paradise 《同撈同煲》

Is this series worth watching? Any feedbacks please?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-31-08 at 01:05 PM.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Default Scavenger's Paradise

i just started watching this series and despite some good casting, it doesnt hold my attention..

i'll probably end up not finishing this series...

but please do not judge this series on my opinion!!
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

Thx laney!

What is the story/plot about?
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Registered User raymond_lam_fan's Avatar

Default Survivor's Paradise

Roger Kwok, Myolie Wu, Kenneth ma etc

Oh, I finished this series last week. It was good. I didn't really like the story behind it all though.

The uncle is funny, but he annoys me sometimes. Roger & Myolie do make a good couple.

The funny parts are when Roger and Kenneth dressed up as maids at the fair or something, and also when Myolie & Roger sang this song and the record was messed, and they had to repeat this one line.

May I ask, isn't it Scavenger's Paradise?

Anyhow, I'm watching this series right now, Kenneth's young uncle character is amazingly hilarious. Cherie's character is annoying and hideously selfish. She and Roger's aunt. They're both stupid. Especially Cherie; when I see her cry, I just laugh inside and secretly wish for her to die because of staring in the mirror crying.
    WU ZUN ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes
    May I ask, isn't it Scavenger's Paradise?

Anyhow, I'm watching this series right now, Kenneth's young uncle character is amazingly hilarious. Cherie's character is annoying and hideously selfish. She and Roger's aunt. They're both stupid. Especially Cherie; when I see her cry, I just laugh inside and secretly wish for her to die because of staring in the mirror crying.
    It is Savanger's Paradise. Yeah, Cherie was selfish, but at least she changed at the end.

I probably still have another half an hour or so, but I have no interest in watching it anymore. It's so unrealistic. Seriously, everybody starts to hate Kenneth for his "foolishness" towards Cherie's dad; but what would each of them have done if they were told that their father was literally murdured by him? The same thing. So the fact that the people living in that flat hated Kenneth was stupid. He shouldn't have felt bad for anything.

And Roger, giving Kenneth that punch was totally dumb. Kenneth is Roger's uncle, whereas Cherie's family is not even bloodly related to him. If Kenneth told him that Cherie's dad literally killed his father than why couldn't Roger have been a little more considerate and believe in Kenneth, even if he was wrong. How stupid.

Cherie, she changed. Anyhow, I refuse to forgive her for her actions in the past. Her decisions and spoken attitude was the reason why everything fell out of place.

Myolie is not smart. She's suppose to turn Roger down, not put up an act of her being selfish and wanting to reach for the riches. Nonetheless, thats how the script was.
    WU ZUN ! <3

I thought this movie was ok. I heard it was a biography movie of Nancy Sit. But she wasn't the main character. Myolie Wu and Roger Kwok to me doesn't seem like a good couple because Roger is kinda old for Myolie because Myolie is only 25 years old.

some people have posted some comments in a thread called "survivor's paradise"

it might help you make up mind about this series

i have only seen like three eps so far, but currently i havent the time to sit and watch this series... sorry!

for the record this series IS called scavenger paradise =)
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

This series isn't worth watching IMO.

I just finished it very recently, and I tell you, it was a struggle to do so! Didn't keep my attention cos the jokes are kinda lame, even though the cast was not bad. I'd say rent it only if you have absolutely nothing else to watch, but of course that's just my opinion.

IONOO, DONT REALLY LIKE THIS SERIES, STARTED WATCHING IT BUT DIDNT REALLY WATCH IT THROUGHOUT, MY SSITER SAYS ITS GOOD BUT I DIDN'T THINK SO...ALTHOUGH THE SONGS SUNG WAS REALLY GOOD

I DONT THINK THIS SERIES IS WORTH WATCHING
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

In my opinion, it isn't that worthy of watching it. I was bored to death and the uncle annoyed me like crazy. But it's okay, if you have nothing else to watch.

i didnt like it either. i made it half way through and got bored with it

argh!
    this show is a struggle to watch!
    as i have mentioned, the cast is good but what EXACTLY is the story/plot? well, besides have an arranged marriage and not liking/liking someone....

i find my attention drifting lol

the uncle is so pathetic

i just finished this series but i didnt watch all of it. i fast foward a lot! there is some decent scenes but still...

yeah, only rent this if you like the cast and want to watch their acting.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

well I don't know about you guys, i watch this in viet version becuase that my main language...OH BOY. first episode made me turn it off and never wanting to ever watch this crap again in my life. but i got no good tvb at home so i was force to watch it. i have the last episode but i don't feel like wasting my time on this crap. The viet version are even worst, the songs were translated into viet..erg...the jokes are not funny the uncle..ehh get a new job bside acting.

my vote 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by poo911
    The viet version are even worst, the songs were translated into viet..erg...
    I so agree! The singing in viet was HORRIBLE. It annoyed the hec outta me.
    WU ZUN ! <3

i quite enjoy this series though i got sick with roger's voice. honestly i prefer kenneth ma's character rather than roger's
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i just want to know whats with the voices????
    Last edited by laney; 07-16-05 at 10:41 AM.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

have u watched square pegs? roger used the same voice he used in square pegs. as for the others, myolie used a deeper voice and kenneth talks like a kid
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)