Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lust, Caution: Ang Lee's next movie.

Default Lust, Caution: Ang Lee's next movie.

It's a spy thriller set in WWII-era Shanghai. Shooting is scheduled to begin in the fall and just today Yahoo US has forwarded the news from Sina.com that Liu Yifei is the favorite pick for the female lead. Not sure how credible this is as Sina is known for spewing baseless rumors all the time, but it got picked up by Yahoo US so maybe there's something to it.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

LYF has supposedly rejected the role due to the three bedroom scenes that the female lead will have.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    LYF has supposedly rejected the role due to the three bedroom scenes that the female lead will have.

You think GYY or Zhou Xun/Sun will take the part? I dont see any of these two ladies doing the bedroom scene though. ZZY has experienced in the bedroom scenes. Heard these 3 ladies are the candidates as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    You think GYY or Zhou Xun/Sun will take the part? I dont see any of these two ladies doing the bedroom scene though. ZZY has experienced in the bedroom scenes. Heard these 3 ladies are the candidates as well.
    Zhou Xun and GYY both seem kind of inappropriate for the role if there are 3 bedroom scenes. It might end up being ZZY again. She seems to know a lot about doing those scenes...
    If GYY takes the role though, it would probably be a breakthough part. It's more question of her image after taking a role like this.

Zhou Xun and GYY both seem kind of inappropriate for the role if there are 3 bedroom scenes. It might end up being ZZY again. She seems to know a lot about doing those scenes...
    If GYY takes the role though, it would probably be a breakthough part. It's more question of her image after taking a role like this.
    i dont think gyy should care since she's already at that stage. she's 26/27 now...she need a role like this...she's getting older.

i dont think gyy should care since she's already at that stage. she's 26/27 now...she need a role like this...she's getting older.
    Zhou Xun is definitely as experienced as ZZY in such scenes and she's not afraid to do them as well.

berry, this is what i have. the story is only 10 pages long.

source: http://japundit.com/archives/2006/06/14/2736/

Master lensman Ang Lee’s (李&#23433 latest film project, titled “Lust, Caution”, (色&#25106, and currently being scripted and cast with Asian actors in all the leads, is based on a short story by the late Chinese novelist Eileen Chang (張愛&#29618 (1920-1995).

The tale takes in Shanghai, and it’s being billed by Hollywood as an [espionage thriller]. In Chang’s story story, only about ten pages long, a college girl named Wang Jia-zhi (王佳&#33437 becomes a government agent with a mission to assassinate a local political enemy, but she falls in love with him, even though he is married, and he falls in love with her, and later, [cut to the chase] he ends up having her executed (by mistake! by mistake!).

This movie might end up being Ang Lee’s finest! One can only wait for the movie’s premiere in 2007 — June maybe? — to see it.
    The script is being written by the same woman, Wang Hui-lin, who penned Ang Lee’s earlier movie screenplays for Eat Drink Man Woman, The Wedding Banquet and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

It will be interesting to see how Lee and his team flesh out a mere 10 page short story into a 90 minute espionage thriller set in 1950s Shanghai…

About the title: I was told that LUST means just that, randyness or horniness in English, and sukebe in Japanese, and that CAUTION in the title does not mean “be careful” or kyoskete” [correction: “ki o tsukete”] or “hsiao shin”, but rather the term is a Buddhist concept similar to the THOU SHALT NOT DO SUCH AND SUCH in Buddhist teachings, similar to the Ten Commandments from the West. So the title of the story and the movie is, one might say, loaded..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this movie seem R-rated to me. lyf will never do it.

i will watch this movie...sounds interesting...lyf or not. just please NO EVA! DIE EVA!

sounds silly

i will watch this movie...sounds interesting...lyf or not. just please NO EVA! DIE EVA!
    Which Eva are you talking about?? Because if it is Eva Huang Shen Yi aren't you supposed to like her as you said before.
    If you started, you must finished.
    If you do it, you must give it all.

Eva is actually very suitable for the part. She's the right height, and can definitely pull off hot and sexy better than LYF.

i thought you liked eva
    you must be afraid to see her in bed scenes

Eva is actually very suitable for the part. She's the right height, and can definitely pull off hot and sexy better than LYF.

i thought you liked eva
    you must be afraid to see her in bed scenes
    Height? how tall is Eva? hot and sexy? you must be smoking something bad to think she's lookable. and i agree. i'm afraid to see her in those scenes. will give me nightmares.

Height? how tall is Eva? hot and sexy? you must be smoking something bad to think she's lookable. and i agree. i'm afraid to see her in those scenes. will give me nightmares.
    LOL!!!
    This one's for you crazy

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/2235eb0e.jpg')

LOL!!!
    This one's for you crazy
    didnt impress me. all photoshop.

noticed your avatar...interesting. thought you hated alyssa and lyf to the core.

didnt impress me. all photoshop.

noticed your avatar...interesting. thought you hated alyssa and lyf to the core.
    All photoshop! Hah, check out LYF then
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f178/0-0-0/LYF05.jpg
    I like alyssa, don't know what you're talking about. I don't hate LYF either

I think Eva's not a bad choice. I prefer to see her than either LYF or ZZY. ZZY has been in too many films, and LYF doeesn't come across as being the right age or having the right look for the film.

All photoshop! Hah, check out LYF then
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f178/0-0-0/LYF05.jpg
    I like alyssa, don't know what you're talking about. I don't hate LYF either

I think Eva's not a bad choice. I prefer to see her than either LYF or ZZY. ZZY has been in too many films, and LYF doeesn't come across as being the right age or having the right look for the film.
    This is for me...and only me. The first time I saw Eva was in 'World Finest'. Many people praise to be so beautiful in that series. I didnt even see nothing special about her beauty in that series. I wanted to see more of GYY.

LYF is too young for the role. Wouldnt look good for her image. she has a lot of young roles model as well. Lee Ang said she has the look but just didnt fit the part because of the bed scene. I highly doubt Eva will take the role. I only see ZZY doing those scenes. You said that Eva has the height but LYF is much taller than her. How come she has the height advantage?

when i said she had the height, i meant she's the right height, not that it was an advantage over LYF. The criteria was between 164 and 168, and eva slots in perfectly.

when i said she had the height, i meant she's the right height, not that it was an advantage over LYF. The criteria was between 164 and 168, and eva slots in perfectly.
    oh, then alyssa would be too short for the role.

oh, then alyssa would be too short for the role.
    yea, ZHou Xun is also too short for the role.

yea, ZHou Xun is also too short for the role.
    not sure if it was you but someone said that zhou xun would be willing to do the 3 bed scenes. you think she's willing to show any part of her body? american movies...well, you know...

i havent watch broke back mountain but people said it was intense. near x-rated

if height were to be an issue the ZZy is also short for the role
    The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://66.7.192.165/banners/full_banner2.jpg'), '')