Thread: Has anybody noticed the movies of today??

Default Has anybody noticed the movies of today??

I was just wondering if anybody has noticed the movies of today?? Like the types of movies that are coming out today?? Like, well maybe it's just me but personally, I see that alot of movies today are being based on old tv shows (teenage mutant ninja turtles, Transformers, etc...); comic book series (Spiderman, superman, DD, X-Men, Ghost Rider, etc...) and lastly novels (The DaVinci Code, Harry Potter Series, Pride and Prejudice, etc..) So I mean I've noticed that alot for this year and the last, and I was wondering if anybody else noticed this as well.
    "We are in the land of the blindfolded
    we cannot see what is going to happen
    we can only wait for the future and what it brings"

LoL...So besides Novels, comics, tv shows, what else is there? You just listed where all movies come from, not just in recent years.
    Last edited by douggilmour; 07-25-06 at 09:39 PM.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    LoL...So besides Novels, comics, tv shows, what else is there?
    Horrible re-makes

gay movies, lesbian, threesome movies trying to draw attention of the simple minded

Quote Originally Posted by Animelover_ae
    I was just wondering if anybody has noticed the movies of today?? Like the types of movies that are coming out today?? Like, well maybe it's just me but personally, I see that alot of movies today are being based on old tv shows (teenage mutant ninja turtles, Transformers, etc...); comic book series (Spiderman, superman, DD, X-Men, Ghost Rider, etc...) and lastly novels (The DaVinci Code, Harry Potter Series, Pride and Prejudice, etc..) So I mean I've noticed that alot for this year and the last, and I was wondering if anybody else noticed this as well.
    The main reason is that with today's technology they can make those comics/cartoons characters very realistic and much easier and better than 10 years ago. As for novel adaptation its nothing new really,I m pretty sure some movies are based on novels before.
    石破天道:“是啊,这招是阿绣教我的,她说人家打不过你,你要处处手下留情,得饶人处且饶人,这一招叫‘旁 敲侧击’,既让了对方,又不致为对方所伤。”他毫无机心,滔滔说来。天虚脸上登时红一阵,白一阵,羞愧得无 地自容。

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    LoL...So besides Novels, comics, tv shows, what else is there? You just listed where all movies come from, not just in recent years.
    Well I don't think that I was entirely specific, and for that I apologize, my point that I'm trying to get at is that it's like popular novels, and popular old tv shows from the past, and I mean there are alot of movies that are script-based and novel based but the novels weren't that popular and I'm a reader personally, like for example on commercials with movies of "from the best-selling author...." u know?? But I've never heard of them... um okay so I think I made things more complicated hehe lol sorry... continuing on have a good day! ^_^

WE need a new Mel Brooks kind of movie. Spaceballs, History of the World Part 1, Silent Movie, all funny. Or other original concepts.

MOVIES based on Comic Books, Novels, etc are good ideas (if directed by a good director and the parts played by good actors).

Good movies based on Comic Books.
    Spiderman I/II (not sure about III yet)
    Superman Returns
    Batman Begins
    Ghostrider (yet to be seen)
    X-Men

Average movies based on Comic Books.
    Fantastic Four
    Punisher (though in a scale of 1-10, would be around 3-4)
    X-Men II

Bad movies based on Comic Books.
    Daredevil (Ben Aflek sucks, he tries to be the next Harrison Ford but doesn't even come within 1 percent to the kind of actor Harrison Ford is)
    X-Men III
    Electra

AND NO MORE F**KED UP TEEN MOVIES. WTF IS American Pie, Van Wilder, Harold and Kumar, etc. All they show is decadent teens who take brainless idiots for role models. These kind of movies just show that modern youth has lost their values, moralities and ethics. (As society progresses in technology, knowledge and understanding of the world, society also regresses in terms of social, moral and ethical values.)

AND A LOT LESS ON SLASHER MOVIES. Scream, I know what you did last summer, Halloween, etc. None of them were scary.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 07-28-06 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    WE need a new Mel Brooks kind of movie. Spaceballs, History of the World Part 1, Silent Movie, all funny. Or other original concepts.

MOVIES based on Comic Books, Novels, etc are good ideas (if directed by a good director and the parts played by good actors).

Good movies based on Comic Books.
    Spiderman I/II (not sure about III yet)
    Superman Returns
    Batman Begins
    Ghostrider (yet to be seen)
    X-Men

Average movies based on Comic Books.
    Fantastic Four
    Punisher (though in a scale of 1-10, would be around 3-4)
    X-Men II

Bad movies based on Comic Books.
    Daredevil (Ben Aflek sucks, he tries to be the next Harrison Ford but doesn't even come within 1 percent to the kind of actor Harrison Ford is)
    X-Men III
    Electra

AND NO MORE F**KED UP TEEN MOVIES. WTF IS American Pie, Van Wilder, Harold and Kumar, etc. All they show is decadent teens who take brainless idiots for role models. These kind of movies just show that modern youth has lost their values, moralities and ethics. (As society progresses in technology, knowledge and understanding of the world, society also regresses in terms of social, moral and ethical values.)

AND A LOT LESS ON SLASHER MOVIES. Scream, I know what you did last summer, Halloween, etc. None of them were scary.
    I totally agree with you!!!! I hate those type of teenage movies, they are very ronchy and they apparently are showing teenagers how to act and dress!! I hate those, they are so annoying!! And yes, we do need a Mel Brooks movie, he's aweosme!! Spaceballs! YOGURT!!!!!! lol

Like I think last year was the year of the horror films and cheap teen movies, and then now they've been coming out, like I said, with a lot of comic based movies, and old show movies as well.... Hm... well I don't know about you guys, but I think it'd be kinda fun to have the Thundercats in theaters... lol just a thought!!!! *my favorite is Cheetara*

And I really wish they make a good movie based on some good Wuxia Novels, not something low budget. Maybe Honk Kong and Hollywood and Japan should cooperate to adapt a novel to a movie. Even if it is a trilogy (currently directors like Tsui Hark try to compress a 40 chapter novel into 2-3 hours which loses a lot of the luster the novel had) I still would love it if it was made very well.

I am sure that it would be accepted by a lot of people if some hollywood and HK and Jap directers took the time to study a good wuxia novel and carefully adapted it for the big cinemas. The only difference to overcome would be the understanding of the culture displayed in the novel.

I wonder if anybody ever remember Journey to the West, the version made around the 1980s I think, now that was a good adaptation (even though it was a serial and not a movie). I was living in the States when I first saw that, I was like 9-10 years old then and it was on NBC I think. And when it came on, before the beginning of each episode (and after the end), an old lady would explain the cultural references and society seen in the episode (plus information about culture and society in chinese history at that time). And each episode had good English subtitles and was popular. And for the Japanese, even though it wasn't something wuxia, the long serial Oshin was very popular worldwide. It just depends on the vision of the director and producers.

And I am positive that Legend of the White Snake Maiden/Madam White Snake could be the next Walt Disney animated movie, look how well Mulan did.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-03-06 at 06:09 AM.