Thread: Au Yeung Fung's support for Au Yeung Hak's marriage to Wong Yung: ulterior motives?

Default Au Yeung Fung's support for Au Yeung Hak's marriage to Wong Yung: ulterior motives?

When West Poison Au Yeung Fung agreed to sponsor his nephew (son) Au Yeung Hak in his bid to marry Wong Yung, did the elder Au Yeung have any ulterior motives (i.e. attempting to steal the 9 Yum Jen Ging from East Heretic Wong Yerk See) when he first agreed to it, or did he do it purely out of love for his nephew/son and a desire to see his descendent happy?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Cool

partly because he wanted his son to be happy, plus with his prestige, there are not alot of people wrothy to be his in-laws. so he went. but he also planned to get the 9yin manual at first chance.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    When West Poison Au Yeung Fung agreed to sponsor his nephew (son) Au Yeung Hak in his bid to marry Wong Yung, did the elder Au Yeung have any ulterior motives (i.e. attempting to steal the 9 Yum Jen Ging from East Heretic Wong Yerk See) when he first agreed to it, or did he do it purely out of love for his nephew/son and a desire to see his descendent happy?
    Ken,

You ought to start reading the translations.

Foxs' translations states that the proposition for HR came about after OYK told OYF about MCF having the 9 Yin. OYF was hoping to join hand with HYS in capturing this manual after they became relatives.

Han Solo

p/s: first post here in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Ken,

You ought to start reading the translations.
    Like I've always said: when the translators have finished translating every last word of LOCH, ROCH, and HSDS...not a moment before.

Because I *hate* unfinished business.

ROCH is fully translated.

Quote Originally Posted by tape
    ROCH is fully translated.
    But not LOCH and HSDS.

Why the need for the full translation of HSDS? Whilst there is a link to the preceding 2 novels it doesn't close off any loose ends. LoCH and RoCH are pretty self contained in my opinion.

You might as well say that you'll only read them if DGSD, XAJH, DoMD were also translated since there are small references to characters in each.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Why the need for the full translation of HSDS? Whilst there is a link to the preceding 2 novels it doesn't close off any loose ends. LoCH and RoCH are pretty self contained in my opinion.
    Nah, I see them as a unit. The story is grander and more epic that way than with just LOCH and ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    You might as well say that you'll only read them if DGSD, XAJH, DoMD were also translated since there are small references to characters in each.
    No, that's an entirely different bag of puppies. There are connections among these three, but not in terms of storyline. The CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY, however, are linked by specific plot/story elements. HSDS doesn't happen the way it does without LOCH and ROCH. That's not the case with the other novels.