View Poll Results: Do you prefer LOCH's Guo Jing or ROCH's Guo Jing?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOCH's Guo Jing

26 55.32%
  • ROCH's Guo Jing

15 31.91%
  • No Guo Jing for me, we love Yang Guo...

6 12.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer LOCH's Guo Jing or ROCH's Guo Jing?

Post Do you prefer LOCH's Guo Jing or ROCH's Guo Jing?

The same Guo Jing, but comparing both LOCH and ROCH's Guo Jing independently, which do you prefer?

The LOCH Guo Jing is more youthful, a bit naive and cute as compared to his ROCH counterpart. The ROCH Guo Jing after having three children is clearly more matured, more patriotic, and also more powerful in terms of martial arts and internal energy wise.

Overall, do you prefer LOCH's Guo Jing or ROCH's Guo Jing?
    ..ext88

Defitnitely the ROCH GJ. Much stronger fighter. Patriotic. Willing to die with country.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

It was fun to watch Gwok Jing grow up as a man, a hero, and a martial artist in LOCH, but ROCH is where we get the payoff (well, where we get to savor the payoff anyway. In LOCH, the payoff didn't come until the story was all but over ).

I think ROCH would have been a great novel if Jin Yong just took out the parts about Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I think ROCH would have been a great novel if they just took out the parts about Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl.
    With more scenes of Guo Jing and Huang Rong being intimate with each other. Let us understand more the process in which Guo Fu, Guo Xiang and Guo Polo was created...
    ..ext88

It was fun to watch Gwok Jing grow up as a man, a hero, and a martial artist in LOCH, but ROCH is where we get the payoff (well, where we get to savor the payoff anyway. In LOCH, the payoff didn't come until the story was all but over ).

I think ROCH would have been a great novel if they just took out the parts about Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl.
    Maybe XLN, but I do think YG in his mature form defitinitely is likeable. That young gugugugu 2000+ times YG is annoying as hell.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    With more scenes of Guo Jing and Huang Rong being intimate with each other. Let us understand more the process in which Guo Fu, Guo Xiang and Guo Polo was created...
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! ROCH was a Jin Yong novel, not a Gu Long novel!

hmm.... maybe even GL novel isn't that specific.
    Well... it will at least show how it started.... like in X11L which I recently read where F4N practically forced X11L with her. (btw, was that a medicine side effect? Or is it that F4N all of a sudden just released her love/instinct?)

haha agree!!

Return of Condor Hero is false advertising by JY. I wanted to see GJ+HR, but instead I got this whiny couple.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    haha agree!!

Return of Condor Hero is false advertising by JY. I wanted to see GJ+HR, but instead I got this whiny couple.
    To be fair, Jin Yong did call the novel "THE DIVINE CONDOR HEROIC LOVERS," not "THE LEGEND OF THE CONDOR SHOOTING HERO PART II." Still, at the end of LOCH, I had much brighter hopes for the son of Yeung Hong...at least as far as personality was concerned.

Still, at the end of LOCH, I had much brighter hopes for the son of Yeung Hong...at least as far as personality was concerned.
    Why so? At the end of LoCH, it was only mentioned that GJ and HR would return in RoCH. How did you predict that the story would be about the couple so many love to hate?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    haha agree!!

What irritated me was top fighters GJ and HR had to be saved multiple times by YG due to circumstances (e.g. HR being pregnant and not being able to defend herself) and also due to the deeds of their hellspawn offspring Guo Fu and useless disciples, so YG gets to play the magnanimous self -sacrificing one over and over and over. "Your daughter chopped off my arm but it's all right i'll still save your baby" "I hate you for killing my daddy but it's all right i'll save you from GWM and his mongolian fighter buddies" "your daughter poisoned Gu Gu with Ice Venom Needles but it's okay i'll still save Guo Xiang from being roasted" blah blah.

I don't hate YG but i feel JY didnt have to indebt GJ and HR to him so many times when he was the one who had so much to learn from GJ who genuinely treated him like a son right from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Why so? At the end of LoCH, it was only mentioned that GJ and HR would return in RoCH. How did you predict that the story would be about the couple so many love to hate?
    I first encountered the stories through the TVB adaptations, with commentary from my father (who had read the novels during the 1950s and 1960s). Way before LOCH was over, my father told me that afterwards, there was a story called ROCH about Yeung Hong's son. Since I figured it'd be hard to have a main character who was evil, I concluded that Yeung Gor, the protagonist of ROCH, would be a great hero who would dedicate his life to the redemption of his father's sins. The actual Yeung Gor ended up doing that...at the END of the story, but with a lot of additional baggage (the Cheun Jen Sect stuff, Little Dragon Girl, conflicts with Gwok Fu, nearly murdering Gwok Jing, etc.) that I didn't care for.

I first encountered the stories through the TVB adaptations, with commentary from my father (who had read the novels during the 1950s and 1960s). Way before LOCH was over, my father told me that afterwards, there was a story called ROCH about Yeung Hong's son. Since I figured it'd be hard to have a main character who was evil, I figured that Yeung Gor, the hero of ROCH, would be a great hero who would dedicate his life to the redemption of his father's sins. The actual Yeung Gor ended up doing that...at the END of the story, but with a lot of additional baggage (the Cheun Jen Sect stuff, Little Dragon Girl, conflicts with Gwok Fu, nearly murdering Gwok Jing, etc.) that I didn't care for.
    Wow I didn't know back in those days news of novel sequels spread as fast as movie sequels currently, even without the Net and TV

As for you maybe you can just read the chapters Foxs and I translated (Chap 33-40) at Wuxiapedia.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Maybe XLN, but I do think YG in his mature form defitinitely is likeable. That young gugugugu 2000+ times YG is annoying as hell.
    If a novel character often complains emotionally in his thoughts, but rarely says it out loud, does he (strictly speaking) whine?
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    If a novel character often complains emotionally in his thoughts, but rarely says it out loud, does he (strictly speaking) whine?
    Yes, because *we* have to put up with it.

Besides, Yeung Gor tended to verbalize his thoughts alot. He was not the silent type.

of cos young LOCH guo jing! he's so adorkable!

but really, i'd rather read a story about the growth of the character. once he gets so mighty "all powerful" and "mature", it's no fun! come on, isn't it cooler when you see some crappy guy who by some lucky chance is able to fight or defeat some person who is/was way more powerful?

perhaps that's why i also perfer the first half of ROCH compared the the second half

Yes, because *we* have to put up with it.

Besides, Yeung Gor tended to verbalize his thoughts alot. He was not the silent type.
    Please quote from novel. (I know it's there)

Please quote from novel. (I know it's there)
    I can't quote from a novel I don't own, Lav...especially not from a language I can't effectively read.

The translations here won't be of much help either because I don't know where the relevant passages would be; they're scattered around.

Exactly. I mean, he does whine, I can assure you that. But not more than Linghu Chong or Duan Yu. You make assumptions based on hearsay and bias.

Exactly. I mean, he does whine, I can assure you that. But not more than Linghu Chong or Duan Yu. You make assumptions based on hearsay and bias.
    Nay. I think Ken doesn't. His evidence is probably based on TV adaptations.

(Unless, of course, you hold him responsible for TVB's inaccuracies. )