Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Series:The Butterfly Lover-starring Peter Ho, Tong Lim

does anyone know here I can DL the OST ??
    I really like the ending song does Peter sing the song or somebody else??

Quote Originally Posted by perfectrose View Post
    does anyone know here I can DL the OST ??
    I really like the ending song does Peter sing the song or somebody else??
    The song is called "Shuang Fei", and yeah it is sung by Peter Ho. ( Peter Ho might not be good-looking, but I gotta admit I do think Peter has a nice voice.)
    This song is actually a cover. Kinda ironic because the original version of this song was actually sung by Nicky Wu back in 1994.

I know this because I've been trying to download the ending song to this series too. All I can find on the net is Nicky's version, but not Peter's.
    Last edited by cheeky; 05-17-07 at 11:12 PM.
    Currently watching: Prison Break

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    The song is called "Shuang Fei", and yeah it is sung by Peter Ho. ( I think Peter has a nice voice.)
    This song is actually a cover. Kinda ironic because the original version of this song was actually sung by Nicky Wu back in 1994.

I know this because I've been trying to download the ending song to this series too. All I can find on the net is Nicky's version, but not Peter's.
    if anyone wants it, you can PM me and i'll email it to you.
    dolphin_bay

found this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Gzc9CdMlo
    I think we can find the song at baidu for the mp3, but I can't read chinese please help!! thanks ..

I think Peter Ho is quite good looking!! I don't understand why you would think he's not at least to SOME degree.. =/

The story seems really interesting, I might have seen an old version of this when I was really small.. but I don't quite remember.

I've watched the first episode with english subs that get you by, and I like it. I'm not sure what goes on in the second episode, since the subs are quite out of synch.. but so far, the series looks good. Hopefully I will get to watch all 41 episodes!!

To be fair to poor Peter Ho, I doubt anyone playing Liang Shan Bo in a drama series can beat Nicky Wu in the 1994 movie version. It's called the "classic" one for a reason, and Nicky Wu and Charlie Yeung played their roles incredibly well. In addition (and maybe more importantly), this story and the characters are much more likeable when you're watching them for 2 hours, and not, say, 45. There's only so much melodrama and tragedy a person can take before running out of tears and tissues and realizing how silly the extended version of the story can get.

And, just wondering-- does anyone else really like/feel bad for Ma Wen Cai? Pre-going crazy and turning into a reaaaaally evil bastard type? Because I do! For almost purely superficial reasons, but still..

i haven't seen the serie but i really want to watch so much .
    i just see the pic . Peter & Dong jie 're so cute .

http://forums.popcornfor2.com/index....pic=40120&st=0

Quote Originally Posted by chaloopah View Post
    To be fair to poor Peter Ho, I doubt anyone playing Liang Shan Bo in a drama series can beat Nicky Wu in the 1994 movie version. It's called the "classic" one for a reason, and Nicky Wu and Charlie Yeung played their roles incredibly well. In addition (and maybe more importantly), this story and the characters are much more likeable when you're watching them for 2 hours, and not, say, 45. There's only so much melodrama and tragedy a person can take before running out of tears and tissues and realizing how silly the extended version of the story can get.
    Acting aside, I've never found Peter Ho suitable for costume films/dramas, his look is way too westernized and modern and he always looks out of place in a ancient drama, i dont get why he is always starring in costume serials, even more so than his modern ones. I can barely stand seeing him as heroic and ruggard characters, what more a traditional, scholarly and refined character like Liang Shan Bo??

BTW, the movie adaptation starring Nicky Wu and Charlier Yeung was one of my all-time favourite movies. Both actors did such an awesome job and had such great chemistry. I remember they turned famous as an onscreen couple overnight after that movie and everyone was offering both of them to star as lovers in several films, including YG and XLN for the taiwanese remake of ROCH2000.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

hey did anybody know that Peter Ho actually played a small part in the movie version of The Butterfly Lovers? dunno if anybody remember the character Ting Wang Chun. He was a gay student that had a crush on Nicky Wu's Liang Shan Bo. Peter played Ting Wang Chun, and he kinda served as comic relief in the movie.
    Currently watching: Prison Break

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    hey did anybody know that Peter Ho actually played a small part in the movie version of The Butterfly Lovers? dunno if anybody remember the character Ting Wang Chun. He was a gay student that had a crush on Nicky Wu's Liang Shan Bo. Peter played Ting Wang Chun, and he kinda served as comic relief in the movie.
    It was mentioned on the first page of this thread:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...58&postcount=2

And it's been such a long time since I last saw the movie that I can't really remember Peter's part in it, especially since he only had a cameo role of sorts.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Acting aside, I've never found Peter Ho suitable for costume films/dramas, his look is way too westernized and modern and he always looks out of place in a ancient drama, i dont get why he is always starring in costume serials, even more so than his modern ones. I can barely stand seeing him as heroic and ruggard characters, what more a traditional, scholarly and refined character like Liang Shan Bo??

BTW, the movie adaptation starring Nicky Wu and Charlier Yeung was one of my all-time favourite movies. Both actors did such an awesome job and had such great chemistry. I remember they turned famous as an onscreen couple overnight after that movie and everyone was offering both of them to star as lovers in several films, including YG and XLN for the taiwanese remake of ROCH2000.
    Haha, I have to agree-- Peter Ho's "look" isn't my cup of tea, personally. It doesn't help when they do him up in ancient-fantasy costumes, like in Wind and Cloud, which was kind of just.. awful. Have you ever seen Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang, though? He was one of the brothers, and I thought he looked surprisingly well as the silently brooding warrior type. Definitely better suited for that part than this one.

I remember Peter in the 1994 movie! His role was really small but adorable =) The whole thing (Leung Juk) is on YouTube, so it should be easy (for any hardcore fans here) to skim the videos and find him in the first half.

For anyone looking for Shuang Fei:

Baidu mp3 search page-- http://mp3.baidu.com/m?f=ms&rn=&tn=b...AB%B7%C9&lm=-1
    One of the better links-- http://data8.5sing.com/m/f/music/mus...00702121/6.wma

Hope these links work!
    Last edited by chaloopah; 05-27-07 at 04:03 PM.

Haha, I have to agree-- Peter Ho's "look" isn't my cup of tea, personally. It doesn't help when they do him up in ancient-fantasy costumes, like in Wind and Cloud, which was kind of just.. awful. Have you ever seen Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang, though? He was one of the brothers, and I thought he looked surprisingly well as the silently brooding warrior type. Definitely better suited for that part than this one.
    I don't mind Peter in modern roles such as "The story of Sam and Jane" but ifeel he's just not cut out for period dramas and contrary to your take on him faring better for cool, moody, brooding roles, that's just the type of role i dislike him in (think Wind in "Feng Yun", Ying Xiong in "The Legend of Hero", Ximen Chui Xue in the latest adptation of Chu Liu Xiang etc.) because he tends to just look/act all stony and wooden and doesnt come across as someone cool and frosty.

I remember Peter in the 1994 movie! His role was really small but adorable =) The whole thing (Leung Juk) is on YouTube, so it should be easy (for any hardcore fans here) to skim the videos and find him in the first half.
    Thanks for the links, anyway I had time on my hands so i re-watched the entire 1994 film adaptation on Tudou and it brings back such nice memories..Peter is surprisingly tolearable, funny even, in that small cameo as the wealthy and gay-ish student. Charlie Yeung was really a wonderful Zhu Yingtai and looked really fitting with Nicky's Liang Shanbo. The cinematography and music are classics as well!!
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-31-07 at 05:20 PM.

Wise Fool

I finally got to watch the first three episodes of this with english subs!!

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.p...c=119054&st=20

I really like it so far!

Thanks for the links, anyway I had time on my hands so i re-watched the entire 1994 film adaptation on Tudou and it brings back such nice memories..Peter is surprisingly tolearable, funny even, in that small cameo as the wealthy and gay-ish student. Charlie Yeung was really a wonderful Zhu Yingtai and looked really fitting with Nicky's Liang Shanbo. The cinematography and music are classics as well!!
    I also loved how realistic the 1994 storyline was. There wasn't any melodrama with Ma Wen Cai (I don't think he even showed up, right?), Liang Shan Bo dies after being beaten (instead of dying of a broken heart- not as romantic, but a whole lot more plausible), and oh, the cave scene, hehe.. The storyline is always going to be about the same, but needing to film 41 episodes worth usually results in a lot of stretching. Did you see the version with Xiao Zhu in it? It started off fine, but towards the end things got absolutely ridiculous- Shan bo's mom has major beef with Yingtai's family, Ma Wen Cai rapes Yingtai, Yingtai goes crazy, etc etc. So painful to watch, and not in the way the writers intended.

I just finished watching this version today, and I think these writers did a good job of keeping everything reasonable all the way to the dramatic finale. The side-stories they elaborated on/made up (for Ma Wen Cai's mom, for example, or Ba Ge) were either relevant to the main characters and plot or just interesting to watch in their own right. I promised myself I wouldn't watch another Liang Zhu drama after the disastrous last one I saw, but I'm glad I gave this version a try.. even if Peter Ho was a miscast

I also loved how realistic the 1994 storyline was. There wasn't any melodrama with Ma Wen Cai (I don't think he even showed up, right?), Liang Shan Bo dies after being beaten (instead of dying of a broken heart- not as romantic, but a whole lot more plausible), and oh, the cave scene, hehe.. The storyline is always going to be about the same, but needing to film 41 episodes worth usually results in a lot of stretching. Did you see the version with Xiao Zhu in it? It started off fine, but towards the end things got absolutely ridiculous- Shan bo's mom has major beef with Yingtai's family, Ma Wen Cai rapes Yingtai, Yingtai goes crazy, etc etc. So painful to watch, and not in the way the writers intended.

I just finished watching this version today, and I think these writers did a good job of keeping everything reasonable all the way to the dramatic finale. The side-stories they elaborated on/made up (for Ma Wen Cai's mom, for example, or Ba Ge) were either relevant to the main characters and plot or just interesting to watch in their own right. I promised myself I wouldn't watch another Liang Zhu drama after the disastrous last one I saw, but I'm glad I gave this version a try.. even if Peter Ho was a miscast
    The only version i've watched proper was the '94 movie adaptation and a really old chinese opera version when i was very young, so i cant really remember the details. I did catch a couple of episodes of one taiwanese adaptation which stars Alyssa Chia as Zhu Yingtai but i found it pretty boring. And yeah, i dont think i can sit through 40 odd episodes for a melodramatic-type story like this and im glad i didnt watch the Xiao Zhu's version (whichever tt is); it sounds terrible!

I thought Tsui Hark did a very good job for the '94 movie; the humour and light-heartedness did make the portrayal of the story very unique, fun and memorable. The leads were suitable and very appropriate and the music, adapated from the classic "Butterfly Lovers" score was beautiful as well!
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-31-07 at 05:28 PM.

Wise Fool

I thought Tsui Hark did a very good job for the '94 movie; the humour and light-heartedness did make the portrayal of the story very unique, fun and memorable. The leads were suitable and very appropriate and the music, adapated from the classic "Butterfly Lovers" score was beautiful as well!
    The songs were AMAZING. One of my favorite youtube videos is Nicky and Charlie acting out the entire story in about 10 minutes with the main songs-- http://youtube.com/watch?v=82na13QD0yY. The quality's lacking, but it's still a pretty awesome performance. My favorite part is the mandarin version of "Ni Ni, Wo Wo"

The songs were AMAZING. One of my favorite youtube videos is Nicky and Charlie acting out the entire story in about 10 minutes with the main songs-- http://youtube.com/watch?v=82na13QD0yY. The quality's lacking, but it's still a pretty awesome performance. My favorite part is the mandarin version of "Ni Ni, Wo Wo"
    Charlie Yeung looked so sweet and young back then, my favourite is the last song, that tune is the climax part of "The Butterfly Lovers" music piece and has always been my favourite part of the concerto.

They basically just used the various tunes from the classic "Butterfly Lovers" instumental score and added lyrics to make it into various songs. But the music editing and allocation for different scenes was very well-done in the movie.

Wise Fool

Can anyone tell me the name of the themesong n the singer who sang it? I'm so addicted to it...more than the drama

The name is Yuan Fang from Hong Bu Tiao & Erica Li for the opening
    ^^
    i like too
    and
    YAY finally i got all episode 1-41 kyaaaa lucky!!

good serie like the movie with Nicky and Charlie ...

still
    did someone have the song from Nicky sing?
    the opening from the movie

i have the opening from Butterfly Lovers and ending
    so if someone want it ...tell

Quote Originally Posted by Miaka FY View Post
    i have the opening from Butterfly Lovers and ending
    so if someone want it ...tell
    U mean u have the opening "yuan fang"? can u send to my yahoo mail [email protected] ? Thanks! I've been searching for it n couldnt find any link to it.