Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: New Series:The Butterfly Lover-starring Peter Ho, Tong Lim

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/anywhere4446/sanbo/0.6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/anywhere4446/sanbo/0.1-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/anywhere4446/sanbo/0.2-1.jpg')

ha! its funny how in the newpaper article it says something about him being able to "control" his nose bleeding to have it occur when it wanted to and freak out the crew. peters just cool like that

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ha! its funny how in the newpaper article it says something about him being able to "control" his nose bleeding to have it occur when it wanted to and freak out the crew. peters just cool like that
    Uh...that must be a joke, one cannot "control" nose bleeds...unless you have masterful control of your platelets and clotting factors, it wouldn't really be a good idea .

Dong Jie looks so cute in her outfit. Although I feel sorry for her because she had to match it with fairly high heels during the premier...by the way she walks, she seems comfortable in heels. This seemed quite evident too in Jin Fen Shi Jia.

So far, Dong Jie appears most lively and at her best in Butterfly Lovers. I've seen most of Huan Jun Ming Zhu (her most recent production) and I found her character to limit her acting ability compared to what she showed us in Butterfly lovers. Although, Peter Ho was far better as Yang Si Lang in Young Yang Warriors than he was as Liang Shan Bo. I so loved his moody and angsty Si Liang.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Uh...that must be a joke, one cannot "control" nose bleeds...unless you have masterful control of your platelets and clotting factors, it wouldn't really be a good idea .

Dong Jie looks so cute in her outfit. Although I feel sorry for her because she had to match it with fairly high heels during the premier...by the way she walks, she seems comfortable in heels. This seemed quite evident too in Jin Fen Shi Jia.

So far, Dong Jie appears most lively and at her best in Butterfly Lovers. I've seen most of Huan Jun Ming Zhu (her most recent production) and I found her character to limit her acting ability compared to what she showed us in Butterfly lovers. Although, Peter Ho was far better as Yang Si Lang in Young Yang Warriors than he was as Liang Shan Bo. I so loved his moody and angsty Si Liang.
    yeah i agree. dong jie is so pretty and cute in here! uve seen huan jun ming zhu? i was wondering about that...how is it?
    and i agree on peter too. even if u dont compare the acting...hes just so much hotter in young warriors! his character is better too. but that may be a little biased, as i like young warriors better but theyre both really good!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yeah i agree. dong jie is so pretty and cute in here! uve seen huan jun ming zhu? i was wondering about that...how is it?
    and i agree on peter too. even if u dont compare the acting...hes just so much hotter in young warriors! his character is better too. but that may be a little biased, as i like young warriors better but theyre both really good!
    Huan Jun Ming Zhu I think is a bit more melodramatic than Butterfly Lovers...I don't think the script allowed for much depth for the characters. There was a time when I got really annoyed with Dong Jie's character. As just as her character was, at some point, it crossed over to higher-than-thou persona with an irritatingly blind prejudice to boot.

Peter in Young Yang warriors...I'm curious as to what Chan Sau Man/Sai Hua thought of him (being such a wonderful veteran actress as herself). Their repartee was simply superb! So edgy and profound emotion without going over the top. I said to myself, I know its going to be sad (repeat, repeat) so I know I wouldn't cry...but I did anyway...hence power of their combined performance. I'd give an oscar just for the scene if I had the power to do so.

Which was the same for the last scene in Butterfly Lovers...when Ying Tai is venting/grieving at Shan Bo's tombstone. The best I've seen of such scenes is Yue Ling from Ghost Husband. I though Dong Jie did a very moving performance...considering she had to do it in frigidly cold weather in very thin robes from reports. I like these scenes more realistic...unfortunately, the stage production ones usually come across as melodramatic and superficial and less taping into the true emotions to justify such a circumstance.

please someone notify me when there is english subs for this drama

Quote Originally Posted by kandie View Post
    please someone notify me when there is english subs for this drama
    Uh...as I've mentioned earlier, due to the literary complexities of the language used, you may either (A) be waiting for a while, or (B) a rushed basic verison of translation which more than likely not be faithful to what is being said/expressed.

The beauty of this particular version of Butterfly Lovers series was its attention to detail for custom, mannerism, and verbal etiquette. Something that would be 'lost in translation' if subbed by someone lacking in strong understanding of culture, customs, and Chinese literature.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Huan Jun Ming Zhu I think is a bit more melodramatic than Butterfly Lovers...I don't think the script allowed for much depth for the characters. There was a time when I got really annoyed with Dong Jie's character. As just as her character was, at some point, it crossed over to higher-than-thou persona with an irritatingly blind prejudice to boot.

Peter in Young Yang warriors...I'm curious as to what Chan Sau Man/Sai Hua thought of him (being such a wonderful veteran actress as herself). Their repartee was simply superb! So edgy and profound emotion without going over the top. I said to myself, I know its going to be sad (repeat, repeat) so I know I wouldn't cry...but I did anyway...hence power of their combined performance. I'd give an oscar just for the scene if I had the power to do so.

Which was the same for the last scene in Butterfly Lovers...when Ying Tai is venting/grieving at Shan Bo's tombstone. The best I've seen of such scenes is Yue Ling from Ghost Husband. I though Dong Jie did a very moving performance...considering she had to do it in frigidly cold weather in very thin robes from reports. I like these scenes more realistic...unfortunately, the stage production ones usually come across as melodramatic and superficial and less taping into the true emotions to justify such a circumstance.
    i cried SO MUCH for young warriors! and i shed a few tears for this one too

Omg I just finished it and it's so good.

The ending is so bittersweet. Even though it's technically a 'happy' ending, I don't like that everyone died. But then you can't really change the plot since it's such a well known classic. And I felt so sorry for Ma We Cai at times that I wanted Ying Tai to end up with him.

I think it's funny how Ma Wen Cai is better looking and more charismatic (despite his evilness) in the series but Peter Dong is actually may more attractive in real life. He doesn't suit period costume that well.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenskye View Post
    I think it's funny how Ma Wen Cai is better looking and more charismatic (despite his evilness) in the series but Peter Dong is actually may more attractive in real life. He doesn't suit period costume that well.
    LOL i found ma wencai kinda attractive too!! haha.
    but peter usually looks really good in period costume. its only that STUPID hair of his. if only he had another hairstyle, he would look SO much better. what was with those weird bang things? GOD. but like i said before, he was hot in young warrriors. so im good. hehe

DOes anyone have the origina SHuang FEi from NIcky wu? Dong Jie is getting me hooked. I didn't like her Fei DAo
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    The only version i've watched proper was the '94 movie adaptation and a really old chinese opera version when i was very young, so i cant really remember the details. I did catch a couple of episodes of one taiwanese adaptation which stars Alyssa Chia as Zhu Yingtai but i found it pretty boring. And yeah, i dont think i can sit through 40 odd episodes for a melodramatic-type story like this and im glad i didnt watch the Xiao Zhu's version (whichever tt is); it sounds terrible!

I thought Tsui Hark did a very good job for the '94 movie; the humour and light-heartedness did make the portrayal of the story very unique, fun and memorable. The leads were suitable and very appropriate and the music, adapated from the classic "Butterfly Lovers" score was beautiful as well!

sunnysnow- no way did I find Alyssa's butterfly lover series boring, I actually prefer her one more than the new adaptation!

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate000 View Post
    sunnysnow- no way did I find Alyssa's butterfly lover series boring, I actually prefer her one more than the new adaptation!
    there was one starring alyssa chia? who was the male lead?

Smile

Oh my god! I found another hot-looking villain! Ma Wen Chai! This guy here is too hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qd9H...eature=related

I must really have a thing for attractive bad boys.

By the way, there is something wrong with Peter Ho's hairstyle. Someone needs to fix his hairstyle in this drama. It looks awful. No wonder Ma Wen Chai stole the show with his hotter look, in my opinion. It's just my opinion, though, so please don't stone me, Peter Ho lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh my god! I found another hot-looking villain! Ma Wen Chai! This guy here is too hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qd9H...eature=related

I must really have a thing for attractive bad boys.

By the way, there is something wrong with Peter Ho's hairstyle. Someone needs to fix his hairstyle in this drama. It looks awful. No wonder Ma Wen Chai stole the show with his hotter look, in my opinion. It's just my opinion, though, so please don't stone me, Peter Ho lovers.
    HAHAHA of course you would find the bad boy hot, mel!
    although i'll admit, he was pretty attractive. and peter's hair was, indeed, very unflattering. i have NO idea what the makeup/hair people were thinking lol.
    but i still stick with peter