Thread: Did the arrangement to fight GJ save WYS and H7G's lives?

Default Did the arrangement to fight GJ save WYS and H7G's lives?

During the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament near the end of LOCH, Wong Yung arranged to have her father East Heretic Wong Yerk See and her teacher North Beggar Hung 7 Gung fight Gwok Jing instead of each other directly to ensure a fair fight (mitigating such factors as Hung 7 Gung's recent recovery from a two-year period of injury, a very recent fight against West Poison Au Yeung Fung that had sapped some of Hung 7 Gung's energy, and the fact that Hung 7 Gung had practiced some of the 9 Yum Jen Ging while Wong Yerk See had not). Inadvertently, however, could this arrangement have actually saved the two Greats' lives?

We saw what happened on Mt. Hua during ROCH when Hung 7 Gung and Au Yeung Fung went all out against each other directly; both lost their lives. Their egos prevented them from giving anything less than their all to defeat the other.

Had Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung fought each other directly during the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament (taking away Hung 7 Gung's various disadvantages due to injury and advantages due to the 9 Yum Jen Ging), would they have ended up killing each other as Hung 7 Gung and Au Yeung Fung indeed did some seventeen or eighteen years later? Did fighting Gwok Jing, against whom they had to hold back (for fear of killing him), actually save them from a potentially lethal duel against each other?

No one died or got seriously injured during the 1st Mt Hua tournament even though everyone was evenly matched (except for WCY of course). I guess they could have managed to avoid killing each other at the 2nd one, too.

There wasn't the same degree of enmity between H7G and HYS, just friendly rivalry I think. For example HYS was secretly pleased that his daughter had become H7G's student.

Of course in ROCH, AYF was not in proper state of mind and thus he dragged H7G down to internal energy competition. I doubt whether, in normal situation, they would lose their lives on Mt.Hua.

Actually, I think the 2 would have died. If it was purely just 1 on 1, HYS may emerge victorious because H7G had to recuperate. And during that time, HYS had improvements. So HYS may have a slight edge if the combat were to have ensued. However, that was not I was looking at. What I was thinking was that H7G and HYS were fighting, and they end the fight. Both are no doubt tired and have pretty much exhausted their energy/internal during the fight. Then all of a sudden, OYF comes! Then, the Greats are pretty much screwed...... unless GJ comes to the rescue. But then GJ would lose to the new and stronger Reverse 9 Yin OYF. And they all die.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Actually, I think the 2 would have died. If it was purely just 1 on 1, HYS may emerge victorious because H7G had to recuperate. And during that time, HYS had improvements. So HYS may have a slight edge if the combat were to have ensued. However, that was not I was looking at. What I was thinking was that H7G and HYS were fighting, and they end the fight. Both are no doubt tired and have pretty much exhausted their energy/internal during the fight. Then all of a sudden, OYF comes! Then, the Greats are pretty much screwed...... unless GJ comes to the rescue. But then GJ would lose to the new and stronger Reverse 9 Yin OYF. And they all die.
    Wong Yung could still mess with Au Yeung Fung's mind, couldn't she? She certainly didn't need Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung to wear the Old Venomous One down physically before she went to work on his psyche.

oh yeah... HR could mess up OYF's mind. But if HR wasn't there, then the other 3 are goners.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗