Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Angel Lover

I've just about finished this show... but the thing is, why do they put Tae up like he's one of the supporting lead actors, but he doesn't appear much at all? At least for Alex To, the Han Shao and Mars, they sorta have one or two stories dedicated to them. But Tae looks like he's just there to make up numbers.

I think it is because Tae is not a native chinese speaker and since this show was not dubbed, they did not want to have him in it much. Honestly, I think they were sort of prejudice since he is not a native Chinese speaker and has an accent when he speaks it. I mean in China shows he is in it a lot since they will all get dubbed anyway, however, Taiwanese series are not....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I think it is because Tae is not a native chinese speaker and since this show was not dubbed, they did not want to have him in it much. Honestly, I think they were sort of prejudice since he is not a native Chinese speaker and has an accent when he speaks it. I mean in China shows he is in it a lot since they will all get dubbed anyway, however, Taiwanese series are not....
    Then might as well not put him in the show right? Just have alex to, han shao and mars. I only remember him appearing when they were doing the introduction, and the party where Tianyou pushed the girl into the water. I think he appeared less than 30 minutes in the whole series.

I agree! I thought that he would be in it a lot and have his own story too. But then again, I don't watch a series for just the cast so it didn't bother me that much... However, I just didn't think it was fair to him that's all...Yea, he was only in it towards the beginning that's it...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

i also noticed that tae didnt have his own case. i was kind of disappointed because i remember in the beginning, i thought he was the cutest of all the guys in the angel lover group. [ before mingdao joined that is. ahha.] but if they didnt give him a large part because he speaks mandarin with an accent, then thats kind of weird since alex to had an accent when he spoke mandarin too. =/

Well, sorry to say this... BUT Alex is still Chinese while Tae isn't.. I think it is partly a race thing too and they of course will favor their own more unless the show was dubbed... But it wasn't so....

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Well, sorry to say this... BUT Alex is still Chinese while Tae isn't.. I think it is partly a race thing too and they of course will favor their own more unless the show was dubbed... But it wasn't so....
    ooh. haha. that makes sense. does tae speak chinese at all? either way though. i do wish they gave him his own case. =/

Yea, of course Tae speaks Chinese but not as well as the native speakers like MD and others. But he still speaks it decently... However, he does have an accent and you can tell that he is not a native speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by xsMiLeE_sTaRzx View Post
    i also noticed that tae didnt have his own case. i was kind of disappointed because i remember in the beginning, i thought he was the cutest of all the guys in the angel lover group. [ before mingdao joined that is. ahha.] but if they didnt give him a large part because he speaks mandarin with an accent, then thats kind of weird since alex to had an accent when he spoke mandarin too. =/
    OMG! Totally agreed with u!!

Mediacorp Ix Shen got act insider!

Biancai Bai is quite pretty

cheeiky
    Unregistered

Had completed this series and find it very entertaining as it has a few stories to relate and would highly recommend this show. But not for those who likes watching high romance though.

As for Ming Dao's hair, I find it very appropriate for his role here. And he acted really well and is compatible with Bianca Bai as screen couples. Really enjoy this show very much. Ramus Kam is a plus here too. Wish I can watch him as lead actor in other dramas. Really like him.

Default Angel Lover TV rating

Can anyone tell me the rating for Angel Lover in Taiwan? I just really want to know if it did well in Taiwan. This is one of the best Taiwanese Drama I've ever watched in my life. I use to hate Taiwanese drama due to bad acting, bad plot (like random Idol/Star Drama with no plot but pretty guys and girls with shitty acting skills). Angel Lover proves that Taiwan can still make good stuff

I don't know the exact rating, but I heard that this series did not do well in Taiwan at all. In other words, it had bad ratings... I agree that this series was very touching and wasn't the typical idol series. It taught you a lot about real life and reality. I am glad that more people are noticing it...There was already a thread for this series though...

cheeiky
    Unregistered

Default Angel Lover Ratings

Actually the ratings for this drama is not too bad, around 2 and its shown on a Taiwan cable TV so can be considered quite good as not everyone has cable TV as you have to pay to have it. At first I thought the ratings were below 1 but later on learnt that its not so.
    Lately, I found out that there are really some very good Taiwan dramas. Depends on what you like, of course. I prefer romance comedy dramas. I've watched less than 10 Taiwan dramas this year and the ones I would recommend highly are Prince Turns Into A Frog and Angel Lover.