Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes ft. Idy Chan and Howie Huang (1988)

Question Legend of Condor Heroes '88 Taiwan Version

Hi guys,
    I've been looking to buy this series online but can't seem to find it. It's the 1988 Legend of the Condor Heroes with Idy Chan as Huang Rong and Howie Wong as Guo Jing. I read somewhere you can by the Malaysian VCDs. Can someone point me to the right direction? I love this series to death and would be forever grateful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dailyplanet
    Hi guys,
    I've been looking to buy this series online but can't seem to find it. It's the 1988 Legend of the Condor Heroes with Idy Chan as Huang Rong and Howie Wong as Guo Jing. I read somewhere you can by the Malaysian VCDs. Can someone point me to the right direction? I love this series to death and would be forever grateful!!!
    Maybe you can find it on sensasian.com, as they carry some Malaysian and Singapore version as well.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Default Very old version of LOCH(idy chan version)

i know that this shouldn't be in the mainland section, but i'm not that sure to put it in ATV or TVB's anyways so i might as well put it here.

does anyone know the version of LOCH stared by Idy chan (cheng yui lian) for some reason it seems to be really really unpopular cause no one seems to talk about it anymore. i remember watching it and loving it as a girl but now that i want to turn back to it, i can't find anything. sniff. does anyone know any site or any clip or even any song that has anthing to do with it. thakns a million.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    i know that this shouldn't be in the mainland section, but i'm not that sure to put it in ATV or TVB's anyways so i might as well put it here.

does anyone know the version of LOCH stared by Idy chan (cheng yui lian) for some reason it seems to be really really unpopular cause no one seems to talk about it anymore. i remember watching it and loving it as a girl but now that i want to turn back to it, i can't find anything. sniff. does anyone know any site or any clip or even any song that has anthing to do with it. thakns a million.

hmm. u mean ROCH or LOCh>

IN ROch, Idy was XLN

in LOCH, a VERy OLD version from Taiwan.. she was Huang Rong
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    hmm. u mean ROCH or LOCh>

IN ROch, Idy was XLN

in LOCH, a VERy OLD version from Taiwan.. she was Huang Rong
    I think she meant LOCH because Idy Chan was Huang Rong and Howie Wong was Guo Jing.

I've never seen that version myself but I think if you search for Idy Chan's fansites, theres bound to be pictures from that adaptation.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i really dont understand why that version was unpopular. it was really really good. and if her ROCH was popular, why isn't LOCH popular. becasue of Barbara that overshadowed her in anther LOCH, but there were a bunch of ROCH's also.

i really dont understand why that version was unpopular. it was really really good. and if her ROCH was popular, why isn't LOCH popular. becasue of Barbara that overshadowed her in anther LOCH, but there were a bunch of ROCH's also.

I personaly didn't find Idy being a very good HR. Just her facial features, she looks abit too nice and not spunky/bratty enough.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Idy excelled in ROCH, but Taiwan's version of LOCH was just bad. None of the cast fit the characters they played. Fighting and background were .

But Idy did look gorgeous as HR's mom. I love her costumes.

in this ROCH, HR's mom was supposed to be twins with XLN's zu shi popo ling chao ying. was that true in the novel, becuase i know tawanese productions have a reputation of adding stuff (like richie ren xiao ao jiang hu that added a lot about ying ying and qu yangs' father daughter relationship)

in this ROCH, HR's mom was supposed to be twins with XLN's zu shi popo ling chao ying. was that true in the novel, becuase i know tawanese productions have a reputation of adding stuff (like richie ren xiao ao jiang hu that added a lot about ying ying and qu yangs' father daughter relationship)
    HAH! That's the first I've heard. HR's mom died shortly after giving birth to her.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    HAH! That's the first I've heard. HR's mom died shortly after giving birth to her.
    yes that's true. i'm not saying that HR's mom lived to talk about the relationship, but in the beginning there was like one episode devoted to the older generation like wang chong yang and everything. ling chao ying and HR's mom were acted by the same person and HR's mom called ling chao ying jie jie so i suppose they are twins in that version. there were a few scenes about wang chong yang and ling chao ying's love hate relationship that were pretty interseting. at least it made me relate to ling chao ying more when XLN kept on talking about her.

yes that's true. i'm not saying that HR's mom lived to talk about the relationship, but in the beginning there was like one episode devoted to the older generation like wang chong yang and everything. ling chao ying and HR's mom were acted by the same person and HR's mom called ling chao ying jie jie so i suppose they are twins in that version. there were a few scenes about wang chong yang and ling chao ying's love hate relationship that were pretty interseting. at least it made me relate to ling chao ying more when XLN kept on talking about her.
    I don't think Lin Chao Ying and HR's mom had any relation at all. It's the first I've heard of it. It can't be true.

there were a few scenes about wang chong yang and ling chao ying's love hate relationship that were pretty interseting. at least it made me relate to ling chao ying more when XLN kept on talking about her.
    That's interesting! I've always wanted to see more of WCY and LCY's relationship.

And there isnt any mention of HR's mother being related to LCY in the novels. LCY was a highly-skilled pugilist whereas HR's mother didnt know any martial arts. But HR's mother was highly intelligent and so was LCY.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I don't think Lin Chao Ying and HR's mom had any relation at all. It's the first I've heard of it. It can't be true.
    did you read the novel? i didn't. i'm pretty sure that the relationship is only in the taiwanese LOCH that i watched and in no other version of LOCH. i'm just curious about whether it was in the novel. in the version of LOCH that i watched where they are twins, one of the reasons zhou bo tong trusted HR's mom in giving her jiu ying zheng jing was becuase she was the twin of Ling chao ying (the lover of his shi shong). but judging from the reactions of you guys, this relationship is probably made up just in that version. (sigh) i liked this relationship. i like it when characters are linked.

speaking of changes, i remember that in this versoin, bao shi ruo and yang tie xing took forever to die. they didn't die until the middle of the drama unlike the other versions wehre they almost died immediatley afther they met. i didin't like how their plot just dragged on and GJ and HR spent so much time trying to let them meet in that LOCH

one of the reasons zhou bo tong trusted HR's mom in giving her jiu ying zheng jing was becuase she was the twin of Ling chao ying (the lover of his shi shong).
    That's made-up. ZBT allowed HR's mother to read the 2nd part of the 9yin scripture because she tricked him into letting her do so.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    That's made-up. ZBT allowed HR's mother to read the 2nd part of the 9yin scripture because she tricked him into letting her do so.

yeah, i know, in that version. it was these two reasons combined. the tricking still was the main reason.

another question. in the barbara yung version of LOCH. HR's mom... did she exactly die? because suddenly she came out again, lying there. so i suppose she didn't die. then huang yao shi was healing her but failed. does failying equal dying? kind of wierd.

yeah, i know, in that version. it was these two reasons combined. the tricking still was the main reason.

another question. in the barbara yung version of LOCH. HR's mom... did she exactly die? because suddenly she came out again, lying there. so i suppose she didn't die. then huang yao shi was healing her but failed. does failying equal dying? kind of wierd.
    From what I know, LOCH82 with Barbara - WY's mom died right after giving birth. It's just that HYS would not accept that fact and kept her in that cold room for over a decade. He kept trying to find a way to bring her back to life. During the time of the competition for WY's marriage, he had some new medicine he believed could bring her back. Despite HYS's great skill in medicine, I highly doubt it would have been sucessful even if OYF did not disrupt him.

In the novel, I heard that HYS knew and already accepted the fact that his wife was dead when WY was born. Can't verify for sure as I have not read the novel and the translation is not completed yet . You might want to ask the experts in the Wuxia Fiction thread.

Pictures from LOCH 88

Idy Chan as WY and Howie Wong as GJ

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5409/idychanhowiewongqi0.jpg')

Idy as WY's mom and Howie as GJ's father (forget his name). The guy next to them played YK, but I don't remember his name. He's also one of Andy Lau's best friends.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7184/tw09jp7.jpg')
    Last edited by tweety365; 08-02-06 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Pictures from LOCH 88

Idy Chan as WY and Howie Wong as GJ

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5409/idychanhowiewongqi0.jpg')

Idy as WY's mom and Howie as GJ's father (forget his name). The guy next to them played YK, but I don't remember his name. He's also one of Andy Lau's best friends.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7184/tw09jp7.jpg')
    thank you for these pictures. i was so young when i watched it that i hardly remember how anybody looks except for huang rong and guo jing. i never even realized that guo jing played his father also. (so nostalgic)

What Howie as GJ's father? That doesn't look like Howie.

And besides what's HR's mom and GJ's father holding hands for?