Thread: Lance Bass comes out of the closet to reveal...

Default Lance Bass comes out of the closet to reveal...

Lance Bass of 'N Sync reveals he's gay

Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me." The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed — that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."
    --------------------------------------------

Hmm...Who knew?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I would have never figured that he was gay.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

People coming out of the closet are a dime a dozen these days.

He's gay...so what?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    People coming out of the closet are a dime a dozen these days.

He's gay...so what?
    Its okay man... you can come out of the closet now

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Its okay man... you can come out of the closet now
    i'm gay.

gay means happy.

[ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Though I used to make fun of Nsync by calling them gay and homosexuals, I never thought one of them would actually be gay.

I was a N-sync fan then..like the the group for the chemistry the guys had with one another plu I felt they were better singers than backstreet boys. and they had some good songs!

I would never guess Lance is gay. I was concerned how his bandmates reacted and glad that they are all ok with it, esp Joey..ha ha...but I knew that Joey could accept it. I admit that I was completely surprised, shocked even! but I am glad he's revealing for his own sake. Happy for Lance because its not easy to do this. I mean I would have though he's straight but if he prefers guys, then I accept it too because there's nothing wrong with it...like what Lance said that there's nothing wrong with it and therefore he's not ashamed of it.

Way to go Lance!
    Last edited by strawberry; 08-05-06 at 02:52 AM.

Actually, I am surprised that more of N Sync isn't gay.

I don't care for N Sync, I do recognize Lance though cuz he looks a bit like Derek Jeter.

Anyway, hope he doesn't git blacklisted.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    Actually, I am surprised that more of N Sync isn't gay.

I don't care for N Sync, I do recognize Lance though cuz he looks a bit like Derek Jeter.

Anyway, hope he doesn't git blacklisted.
    What do you mean by black-listed?

i know! he's my favorite of all because he's so low key compare most of the members. well wish him luck

And he got to voice Sephiroth! Now for the other four to come out. And Tom Cruise. And John Travolta. And R. Kelly. Come out of the closet!
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by lanzi03
    i know! he's my favorite of all because he's so low key compare most of the members. well wish him luck
    Yes, He certainly felt the most low-key..seems like a nice guy.

i was shOcked when i fOund Out he was GAY. i accept him thOugh . . lOl. i mean things are [b]changing[/o] in the world. [: haha.

i feel bad for him, all this time he was gay & he had to deal with the fact that TONs & tons of girls liked him & stuff. to keep a secret for so long . . . .
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^