Thread: A question about MYF

TommyH
    Unregistered

Talking A question about MYF

Is MYF the guy who copies people's skill and use it on his enemies? And is he the guy who is discussed throughout wulin along with QF? And what level is he at in terms of martial arts and internal power?

Yea he learns other sects/clans' arts and uses them for his own. He doesn't "copy" them. Rather his cousin Wang Yuyan has access to their manuals from when her great aunt passed down copies of them. MYF is considered well above average DGSD arts level and is feared by most people for both his arts and his reputation (people exclaim that QF and MRF are the two most powerful/well known in jianghu). However, a few things stick out that discredits his skill level. First, he couldn't catch Duan Yu in a small room when DY was tied up. Second he lost to DY in a real fight and was humiliated in front of everyone when Q/XF stepped in to end their fight. Third his fighting willpower is not as strong as the greats in DGSD or Condor Trilogy era.

Not to mention he was at a disadvantage against DCQ and lost to DYC and JMZ convincingly.
    Still searching for my GuGu

Well, MRF mainly got his name from his ancestors, most particulary Mu Rong Long Chan who created the Star Shift Stance.

It really isn't copying. Star Shift Stance doesn't have this area like QKDLY does. The reason why there is that name is because everytime an opponent uses an attack, Star Shift Stance would reflect it back even stronger and kill the original attacker with his own art. So that is why it seems like the Mu Rong faimly people know all arts.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by R!chard
    Not to mention he was at a disadvantage against DCQ and lost to DYC and JMZ convincingly.

MYF is quite a loser. We are just discussing in the XLN thread about what a loser JLFW is too. Who do you all think is a bigger loser, MYF or JLFW? I still say JLFW because JY made it clear that MYF was still a step below the ellites while JLFW is hyped up to be on the same level as the other elites. JLFW was also humiliated by people supposedly much weaker than him, while MYF mostly just lost to people he was supposed to lose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    MYF is quite a loser. We are just discussing in the XLN thread about what a loser JLFW is too. Who do you all think is a bigger loser, MYF or JLFW?
    I file these two guys along with Kau Cheen Yan in the "low mental affinity" category. They actually have some talent, power, and skill, but their own mental hangups prevent them from using them at anywhere near full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I file these two guys along with Kau Cheen Yan in the "low mental affinity" category. They actually have some talent, power, and skill, but their own mental hangups prevent them from using them at anywhere near full potential.
    KCY is quite a dummy too but I put JLFW at the top because he was the main villain while MYF and KCY were just side villains. And even KCY and MYF had some shining moments while JLFW had zero. KCY was a real threat in the first book, and seriously injured Huang Rong and was noticealy more powerful than GJ when they first met. MYF was unable to defeat Ding Ching Chou but he managed to escape from having his internal energy sucked by Ding Ching Chou. Both guys in their prime were only beaten by people more powerful than them while JLFW was repeatedly beaten and humiliated by people with lesser abilities. I guess JLFW's greatest moment is when he beat Kau Cheen Yan but it still took him a day and Kau Cheen Yan was almost a hundred years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    So who do you consider to be the biggest loser out of those three?

A word of advice, Wu Wudi. Avoid multiple posts in a row like that. If you need to add more, use the edit button.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    A word of advice, Wu Wudi. Avoid multiple posts in a row like that. If you need to add more, use the edit button.
    Thanks, I didn't know that there was an edit button. I felt bad about multiple posting like that but didn't know there was an way to edit a previous post.

well, some forums don't have the editing post.

Anyhow, I personally don't feel MRF has that bad of a mental problem. It's just that MRF decides to fight people above his level. As we all know, the difference between DY and MRF or XF and MRF is pretty clear.

However, JLFW and QQR having weak fighting ability I agree. But I personally think JLFW is worse.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    well, some forums don't have the editing post.

Anyhow, I personally don't feel MRF has that bad of a mental problem. It's just that MRF decides to fight people above his level. As we all know, the difference between DY and MRF or XF and MRF is pretty clear.

However, JLFW and QQR having weak fighting ability I agree. But I personally think JLFW is worse.
    I wasn't talk about fighting ability. JLFW might be stronger than both MRF and QQR but I would still think that JLFW is a much bigger loser because of the many times that he was humiliated. I seriously don't know how he had the guts to show his face after the 16 years interval.

well, I guess JLFW got some guts after he newly mastered Dragon Elephant Prana skill level 10. He thought he was the world's unbeatable the moment he mastered level 10. So at that fight against the Old Greats, he was doing ok. But then I think JLFW lost confiedence soon because he is thinking HOW in the WORLD is there SO MANY GOOD FIGHTERS? Well, obviously that was because was he fighting all the best fighters in the world. Anyhow, JLFW still stinked because he is in his 50s/60s with possibly more internal than the Greats who are in their 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    well, I guess JLFW got some guts after he newly mastered Dragon Elephant Prana skill level 10. He thought he was the world's unbeatable the moment he mastered level 10. So at that fight against the Old Greats, he was doing ok. But then I think JLFW lost confiedence soon because he is thinking HOW in the WORLD is there SO MANY GOOD FIGHTERS? Well, obviously that was because was he fighting all the best fighters in the world. Anyhow, JLFW still stinked because he is in his 50s/60s with possibly more internal than the Greats who are in their 90s.
    The thing is if JLFW had so much belief in his new powers, why was he so reluctant to fight GJ 1 on 1 and instead try to get GJ to surrender by having his daughter as a hostage? Also, even with level 10, it took JLFW a whole day to beat a 90 something year old Monk who has long lost his aspirations of being more powerful.

I don't know if JY himself knew how badly he portrayed JLFW to be. In the TV shows, JLFW looks especially bad because you don't get the descriptions in the novel where JY comments on how powerful JLFW is. In the TV shows, all you see is JLFW getting his butt handed to him every episode or so. It wasn't until I read the books that I learnt that JLFW was supposed to be close to the other great martial artists of the era.

[QUOTE=Wu Wudi;570708]The thing is if JLFW had so much belief in his new powers, why was he so reluctant to fight GJ 1 on 1 and instead try to get GJ to surrender by having his daughter as a hostage?
    /QUOTE]

GWM's mission was to capture Xiangyang.