Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just an idea, but could Sweeper Monk be DuGu Qiu Bai?

Default Just an idea, but could Sweeper Monk be DuGu Qiu Bai?

Just want a little discussion on this theory, farfetched as it is... You may tell me i am stupid, insane, on drugs, etc. But do try to discuss the theory somewhere in between.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Theory has been brought up before, plausible. Doesn't fit timeline I think. Ken will palm me if I call you names
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Thing is, the only indication of timeline we have is YG's guess and the Divine condor's age, which is ridiculous either way...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Sweeper Monk didn't use swords in his younger days. If you just look at the progression of DGQB from his own descriptions of himself it doesn't fit with what Sweeper Monk practiced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    Just want a little discussion on this theory, farfetched as it is... You may tell me i am stupid, insane, on drugs, etc. But do try to discuss the theory somewhere in between.
    Definately not. By the definition of DuGu Qiu Bai's name, he's someone that cares about winning and losing. Sweeper monk showed that he's above winning/losing/revenge and all the other emotions of someone in the martial world.

What is to say that after so long of caring about winning and losing, you suddenly realise that you don't really care

Because of the age discrepancies...

btw, didn't JY once mention in his interview that DGQB lived at the beggining of South Song? Sweeper Monk lived at North Song time period.

I believed once a interviewer asked JY why DGQB didn't appear in DGSD. JY said that DGSD is North Song. And DGQB lived in the beggining of South Song. So people like XZ or DY have already died.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Maybe XZ didn't die since he inherited all those weird longetivity powers form the Xiaoyu sect. Also, in the newest edition, didn't XZ supposedly teach the 36 Dog hitting stick and 18 dragon palms to a young man from the begger clan? I wonder if that young man is supposed to be H7g.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    Maybe XZ didn't die since he inherited all those weird longetivity powers form the Xiaoyu sect. Also, in the newest edition, didn't XZ supposedly teach the 36 Dog hitting stick and 18 dragon palms to a young man from the begger clan? I wonder if that young man is supposed to be H7g.
    Impossible.
    H7G was the 18th generation beggar sect leader.
    There was a mention of the 17th generation leader. I forgot the name, but he was a strong martial artist, but he didn't have good leadership, so the beggar sect wasn't as organized as it was in H7G's hand.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

So which generation was XF as a begger clan leader? It would have been cool though if H7G learned his martial arts from XZ.

So which generation was XF as a begger clan leader? It would have been cool though if H7G learned his martial arts from XZ.
    Don't know, some speculate 11th generation because of the change that JY made from a "hero" beggar sect leader of the 11th geneation beating the crap out of a group to XF beating JY Manor and at Shaolin.

The problem that may suggest that these 2 people may not be the same is that one, JY never directly stated that XF is the 11th generation during the change in LOCH or DGSD. Two, is that the "hero" mentioned in 2nd edition used a palm and a STICK. To my knowledge, XF never used Dog Beating Stick. So these 2 flaws suggest that XF is highly unlikely that 11th generation leader.

XF might not have used the dog beating technique but he knew it right? In the newest edition, didn't teach the dog beating stick to XZ too?

XF might not have used the dog beating technique but he knew it right?
    Definitely. Can't be Beggar's Union Chief without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Definitely. Can't be Beggar's Union Chief without it.
    That's funny that you call it a Union as if being a beggar is an occupation like a supermarket worker.

That's funny that you call it a Union as if being a beggar is an occupation like a supermarket worker.
    I suppose it is an occupational organization.

XF might not have used the dog beating technique but he knew it right? In the newest edition, didn't teach the dog beating stick to XZ too?
    The problem is that the 2nd edition said that the 11th generation hero beated crap out of the other fighters with a stick and a palm.

When XF was fighting in his heroic battles, he didn't use a stick at all from my knowledge.

It's been 7 generations, these things are liable to get muddy.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    It's been 7 generations, these things are liable to get muddy.
    Hmm, XF probably did not talk about what happened at JXZ after the fight (anyway he died and never really mixed with the wulin between that incident and his death).

So those survivors at JXZ probably did not go around saying 'Look, all 300 of us got thrashed single handedly by this guy using only bare-hands'.

Probably like, "Yeah he was using this prized sabre and his dog beating stick and hidden weapons and he stole the You brothers prized shields and he had help by this masked man and some of the 4 evils too! The slimy Khitan also tried to make us drunk before sneaking the attack on us!"

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    btw, didn't JY once mention in his interview that DGQB lived at the beggining of South Song? Sweeper Monk lived at North Song time period.

I believed once a interviewer asked JY why DGQB didn't appear in DGSD. JY said that DGSD is North Song. And DGQB lived in the beggining of South Song. So people like XZ or DY have already died.
    Proof or it did not happen. People keep pulling supposed interviews out of thin air with no evidence of them whatsoever. I can similarly claim that in some pseudo interview somewhere that JY said that SM was a ****ty woman.