18 56.25%
  • The 5 above-great-level fighters

14 43.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweeper Monk VS WCY, Z3F, XF, DY, and XZ

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Sweeper Monk VS WCY, Z3F, XF, DY, and XZ

We often talk about how powerful Sweeper Monk is and that he is the god in JY's world. Could he possibly take 5 above-Great-level fighters all at once?

Sweeper monk wins easily. Like I mentioned somewher else, I don't even think that Sweeper is human. Not only does Sweeper monk have superhuman abilities, he also seems to possess omnipotent knowledge. Sweeper monk can probably beat them all without them even touching his body once.

What a load of crap. the 5 fighters would beat the living crap out of that super overrated SM

Well, he's not omnipotent since XF can actually injure him when Sweeps lets XF hit him. It's thus conceivable that XZ would be able to withstand a blow (not effortlessly) from Sweeper.

That would be enough time for everyone to latch onto Sweeps and buy time for DY to drain him dry. =). Of course, Sweeps might have learned YJJ and then proceeds to "tap" them all while =/

When I said omnipotent, I meant how he had knowledge of things that he shouldn't have known about, even about things that happened outside of Shaolin, such as JMZ 's theft of the YJJ. I know that the Sweeper was injured by ZF but if he was simply an avator of a buddha and not the actual buddha, then it's not inconceivable that he can be hurt. Regardless, it doesn't seem like the injury affected him at all, as he was still way faster than XF after the injury while carrying 2 men. Also, Sweeper Monk's chi wall is described as unbreakable when Sweeper Monk wants it to be so I don't how DY can suck his energy. Also, DY doesn't know how to actively suck someone's energy and neither does XZ, they both depended on conincidences to absorb internal powers from someone else.
    Last edited by Wu Wudi; 08-06-06 at 11:23 PM.

You can't beat a Plot Device!

Only a plot device can counter another plot device (e.g. XF's 18 dragon palm managing to hurt SM).

I've always interpreted SM's injury at XF's hands as being voluntary on Sweeper's part in order to know how powerful XF was.

In that case I think you meant omniscience. Also XYS and MRB were about the same level as those other fighters. Even if you consider them to be 50% of any of the other ones (which they are way above), you can see that SM can dispatch them easily.

sweeper will win....just imagine an adult beating up 5 little kids. heck, an adult can take on 10 little kids. the little kids will all be running away and crying.
    Dragon2005

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    You can't beat a Plot Device!

Only a plot device can counter another plot device.
    That might restart a debate i saw when i was last here...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Wow...Sweeper leads 8:2 as of now...

I wonder what would happen if I add in YG, GJ, ZWJ, LHC, H7G, HYS, OYF, ZBT, and YD.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Wow...Sweeper leads 8:2 as of now...

I wonder what would happen if I add in YG, GJ, ZWJ, LHC, H7G, HYS, OYF, ZBT, and YD.
    You might as well add DFBB, DGQB, SPT, 3 Monks that fought with ZWJ, etc. That would make it more interesting. I wonder if the Sweeper monk's chi wall can keep all those people away.

Even a fighter such as the Janitor Monk must have his limits, but based on what we've seen, who knows where that limit is? Throwing all the other Jin Yong elites from throughout the canon at him is a start, but ultimately might not be enough.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    You might as well add DFBB, DGQB, SPT, 3 Monks that fought with ZWJ, etc. That would make it more interesting. I wonder if the Sweeper monk's chi wall can keep all those people away.
    No no...

Sweeper Monk simply can't be that strong...

How about throwing Gu Long Characters in as well? =P That will make the match more interesting. =D Imagine LXH, YK, JWM, AF, FHX with all the abovementioned JY characters taking on SM.

But honestly, I think SM will lose this match if XZ and DY learns to fully use their skills.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh
    How about throwing Gu Long Characters in as well? =P That will make the match more interesting. =D Imagine LXH, YK, JWM, AF, FHX with all the abovementioned JY characters taking on SM.

But honestly, I think SM will lose this match if XZ and DY learns to fully use their skills.
    It sounds like ridiculously unsurmountable odds for Sweeper unless you consider the fact that

1)He might not be human.
    2)He took out 2 XF level fighters with just one swift unblockable move on each. He can probably surprise 4-5 fighters immediately with those quick taps to the head.

It sounds like ridiculously unsurmountable odds for Sweeper unless you consider the fact that

1)He might not be human.
    2)He took out 2 XF level fighters with just one swift unblockable move on each. He can probably surprise 4-5 fighters immediately with those quick taps to the head.
    Yeah but most probably they are already prepared for "tap".

And DY might just be able to suck his energy when he tap.

The taps are way too quick for anyone to anticipate which is why I think that 4-5 can be taken out quite easily. DY can't actively suck in anyone's internal power, it's accidental whenever he sucks anyone's powers, otherwise he would have just let XF hit him at the end when XF was forcing people away from the Khitan King. Besides, I think Sweeper's martials level is too high for him to not know how to deal with DY's vacuum ability.

1)He might not be human.
    Simply put, Sweeper Monk was created as a convenient and mysterious plot device; he is very good but that doesn't mean he is invincible. Xiao Feng is also bordering this territory--how can a guy never lose a fight in his life, always beating martial artists better than him, and utilize any ordinary kung fu to unmatchable extent?

In the story Xiao Feng was only about 30 years old. If he continued to practice martial arts, by the time he reaches Sweeper Monk's age he too might not be human. Same thing for Zhang Wuji, Shi Potian, Linghu Chong, Duan Yu, and Xuzhu.

Considering how conscienciously unstable Sweeper Monk had made them with his philosophical regurgitation, and considering that he pretty much attacked them with they least expected, I'd say Sweeper Monk had a ridiculous amount of advantage on his side. Yeah, he tapped 2 people that weren't even thinking about fighting at the time. That's great. Now how about put him in a real, fair fight?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Considering how conscienciously unstable Sweeper Monk had made them with his philosophical regurgitation, and considering that he pretty much attacked them with they least expected, I'd say Sweeper Monk had a ridiculous amount of advantage on his side. Yeah, he tapped 2 people that weren't even thinking about fighting at the time. That's great. Now how about put him in a real, fair fight?
    Wasn't Murong Bo in a "perfect defensive stance" when he got tapped?