Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best Yang guo and best Xiao long nu?

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    Liu yi fei did a superb job as XLN. Carman lee's XLN was great too but Liu yi fei overall is the better one. She has that innocent look to it. Liu yi Fei's character just seem a little more fit than carman.

YG i like Lous koo better. YG is playful but not dumb looking like HXM, just a bit too playful.

never really care much about andy liu's ROCH so i cant say much about it

i agree liu yi fei and carmen are the best. but i thought carmen was better overall while liu yi fei was better in certain parts.

and also, is andy liu's ROCH worth watching? i know some really old ones are worth watching cause they're classics, but is his one a classic too?

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    i agree liu yi fei and carmen are the best. but i thought carmen was better overall while liu yi fei was better in certain parts.

and also, is andy liu's ROCH worth watching? i know some really old ones are worth watching cause they're classics, but is his one a classic too?
    Of course it is. Idy Chan and Andy Lau. TVB's Jin yong adaptations pre-2000 are all considered good adaptations of Jin Yong's novels.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    TVB's Jin yong adaptations pre-2000 are all considered good adaptations of Jin Yong's novels.
    Suet Seung, have you forgotten the 1999 Flying Fox? It was a total disaster. Aside from casting Felix and Maggie as the parents, everything spiraled downhill afterward...

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Suet Seung, have you forgotten the 1999 Flying Fox? It was a total disaster. Aside from casting Felix and Maggie as the parents, everything spiraled downhill afterward...
    Ah right! It was so bad, I just forgot it. Face it, any Jin Yong adaptation with Charmaine Sheh is bad.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Ah right! It was so bad, I just forgot it. Face it, any Jin Yong adaptation with Charmaine Sheh is bad.
    Tis alright, I tend to block it out of my mind as well. My blood pressure rises just at the mere thought of it. Yeah, Charmaine is like the plague. Spreads fast and deadly...

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Tis alright, I tend to block it out of my mind as well. My blood pressure rises just at the mere thought of it. Yeah, Charmaine is like the plague. Spreads fast and deadly...
    can someone post a picture of this Charmaine. i'm hearing horrible remarks about her everywhere in these forums but i can't find a picture of her. was she really that bad? and what specific characteres have she played?

can someone post a picture of this Charmaine. i'm hearing horrible remarks about her everywhere in these forums but i can't find a picture of her. was she really that bad? and what specific characteres have she played?

Here let me redirect you to the right place: http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7023

If you watch TVB series, she has the most numbers of tv series with TVB. Every year she's got to have 4 or more tv series with TVB under her belt.

Here let me redirect you to the right place: http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7023

If you watch TVB series, she has the most numbers of tv series with TVB. Every year she's got to have 4 or more tv series with TVB under her belt.
    Do many agree that she pleasures the directors, managers the most thus granting her the most screen time?

[ LOOKS: ]
    YG: Huang Xiao Ming
    XLN: Carman Lee

[ ACTING: ]
    YG: Andy Lau
    XLN: Carman Lee
    Last edited by resident:alien; 08-09-06 at 12:35 PM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

For XLN, i'd say between YiFei and Carman.

For Yang Guo, between Louis Ko and Xiao Ming.

for XLN, I'd have to say btwn Carman Lee & Idy Chan. one has the beauty, coldness, and aloofness, while the other acted the part well.

for YG, it would have to be, hands down, Andy Lau. his acting was great, and his martial arts were very convincing.

wooo..
    My fav xiao long nu is ...
    carmen lee..
    hoho she rocks
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/xiao_wen4/return%20of%20the%20condor%20heros/Img227681305.jpg')
    Yang guo and Xiao long nu
    and Guo fu ( man i hate this character)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/xiao_wen4/return%20of%20the%20condor%20heros/Img227681306.jpg')
    Yang guo and xiao long nu again hoho

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/xiao_wen4/return%20of%20the%20condor%20heros/guoguo.jpg')
    this is huang xiao ming and liu yi fei jie jie.
    hahaha
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/Xiao_Wen/banhk/banner_s.gif'), '')

terms of look? chem? or acting?

LYF and HXM looked nice indivudually.. but somehow they lack chemistry and some awkardness when they hold each other.

IDY and Andy i still favor in terms of acting.

Carmen and Louis somehow had better chemistry. Their love scenes are more touching
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    terms of look? chem? or acting?

LYF and HXM looked nice indivudually.. but somehow they lack chemistry and some awkardness when they hold each other.

IDY and Andy i still favor in terms of acting.

Carmen and Louis somehow had better chemistry. Their love scenes are more touching
    i agree about HXM and LYF about them looking good individually but lacking chemistry. carmen and louis are so much better at that.

as for Idy, i didn't see her whole ROCH but i saw clips of the most important scenes such as rape scene, first appearance, wedding, meeting at chuan zheng jiao, etc, and i feel that shes always so angry and emotional in each scene. i know the acting in 1980's is a bit exagerrated and it might have been wierd for her to be cold all the time, but i thought her XLN wasn't that convincing. (maybe i'll change my mind if i watch teh whole thing)

Of all the version of ROCH I have watched, I feel that Andy Lau is the best Yang Guo thus far, and that version is so far the best adaption. Yet to watch HXM version, but I heard some bad comments about that version.

Charmaine Sheh was fantastic in HSDS! She kinda sucked in Flying Fox coz she was new to acting. Grrrrr...
    And she was in alot of TVB series coz to be frank alot of men in HK have nose bleeds when they see Charmaine on screen as the innocent girl... me included! So no she didn't pleasure her bosses I have you know!

Back to the subject... Best YG prize goes to Louis Koo coz man can he cry! I don't know any other chinese male actor that can cry so well onscreen, he can cry for the whole of China. He even made me shed a tear ; ; sob sob.
    HXM runner-up... but man watching him again..he looks like a roast duck... to much soy sauce dude. Did a good job with Old YG though.. Last place... Andy Lau, purely coz I think Andy Lau is overly rated.

Best XLN goes to Carmen Lee for sure. She's got the looks, the acting skills. LYF just has the looks. Idy? Idy who? Oh... oh well.
    Bah.. no image.. ah well... "I gotta shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off....."

i agree about HXM and LYF about them looking good individually but lacking chemistry. carmen and louis are so much better at that.

as for Idy, i didn't see her whole ROCH but i saw clips of the most important scenes such as rape scene, first appearance, wedding, meeting at chuan zheng jiao, etc, and i feel that shes always so angry and emotional in each scene. i know the acting in 1980's is a bit exagerrated and it might have been wierd for her to be cold all the time, but i thought her XLN wasn't that convincing. (maybe i'll change my mind if i watch teh whole thing)

also account that the ROCH was based on teh early editions of the novel where XLN character wasn't as loving towards YG in the Tomb
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Carmen and Louis has the best chemistry and acting in this series

Carmen really fit the cold beauty of Little Dragon Girl.

Haven't watched the China production yet so I can't comment on that.

I feel Carman is the best XLN, she is simply XLN. Andy Lau makes a better young YG (before YG becomes a hero) while Louis' version of the more matured YG (after YG becomes the respected hero) is more convincing.

For the romantic scenes between the leading characters, I feel that Idy's XLN continues to maintain her dignity and integrity as a master/teacher even at the end of the series whereas Carman's XLN becomes a little woman in love in the later part of the series. I guess there isn't a right or wrong in both versions of portrayals and it depends on one's preferences and intepretations of the hero's and heroine's romance.
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 08-17-06 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather
    For the romantic scenes between the leading characters, I feel that Idy's XLN continues to maintain her dignity and integrity as a master/teacher even at the end of the series whereas Carman's XLN becomes a little woman in love in the later part of the series. I guess there isn't a right or wrong in both versions of portrayals and it depends on one's preferences and intepretations of the hero's and heroine's romance.
    the reason for that may be that the two are based on different editions of JY's ROCH, and in the later editions, XLN becomes less 'cold' and more emotional.