Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evergreen Mak

Default Evergreen Mak

I'm sure there was a thread on him before, but I've tried searching and couldnt find it. If you happen to know where it is Lady Zhuge can you please direct me??

He's a stunning actor but sad to see that he seems to have disappeared for awhile. Great that hes back with a few series up his sleeves.

He's starred in MANY supporting characters but does a great job on them. Some series he had been in:
    The W Files
    Vigilante Force
    Armed Reaction IV
    To Love With No Regrets

He's been known as Mak Bao for quite awhile now or 麥包 but I just saw the greetings that the tvb stars were giving and I've noticed that he called himself 麥長青. So I was wondering did he change his name (duh?) but wondering why...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

i think originally his name was 麥長青, but later on he changed his name into 麥包. haha remember his fillings?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    i think originally his name was 麥長青, but later on he changed his name into 麥包. haha remember his fillings?
    Yeah but I just wondered why he changed it to his original name? Or did he just use his real name for the Christmas wishes??? Anyway oh how can I forget the fillings or in your case black pasta (I was thinking of food!!) but how can I forget that? He was so funny on Get Set Go...it was so funny how Chin Ka Lok told him when he was flipping the dummy to do it for his generation (he was up against Bosco Wong and Sammul Chan) and he threw it down so hard
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

He is a versatile actor, one of those that TVB under-promoted. Some of his other series are:

1) Whatever It Takes
    2) In the Realm of Success
    3) Plain Love 2
    4) Journey to the West
    5) Armed Reaction 4

I didn't know he changed his name. All this while I thought it was Mak Cheung Cheng. "Chueng Cheng" in chinese means Evergreen.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    Yeah but I just wondered why he changed it to his original name? Or did he just use his real name for the Christmas wishes??? Anyway oh how can I forget the fillings or in your case black pasta (I was thinking of food!!) but how can I forget that? He was so funny on Get Set Go...it was so funny how Chin Ka Lok told him when he was flipping the dummy to do it for his generation (he was up against Bosco Wong and Sammul Chan) and he threw it down so hard
    wait, are you talking abt super 3 show?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I always known him as Mak Bao so now that you have told me, I realise that his name was derived from his chinese name. But yeah he is such a great actor but haven't seen him much, I mean he at least before had a lot of supporting roles. I would much like to see him in a comedy series...he has the ability to be funny and evil!

No, I'm talking about that Olympic show aired in 2004 - "Get Set Go" once I get my tape back, I'll take some pics from my digi and I'll show you!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

oh thanks! i agree evergreen's a very good actor
    cherrie

He is and very versatile too, its good that hes back with a few series this year. Last year...it seemed like many people have disappeared...anyways I will always remember how you remember him...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Yes neverland, I remember there being an old thread on Evergreen too, but it may have been deleted during housekeeping or maybe it was one of those unfortunate threads created in that dark window before the big forum crash. In any case, I'm glad you started this new one.

I didn't like Evergreen at first because I thought he was a rather wooden and one-dimensional actor, but after watching more of him, he kind of grew on me. Now I think he's a versatile performer suited for a variety of supporting roles. Haha - and who can forget his fillings after cherrie so kindly pointed them out?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

lol haha! i seem to be quite famous here eh?
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Who is Evergreen Mak? I think I have a idea who he is but someone please comfirm.

he is the wong yah in lethal weapons. bosco's master whom sharon calls koko (elder brother)
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

oh i see. he isn't in much series anymore.

yeah one of the underrated actors imo.
    cherrie

I was so afraid that the other thread was hidden and I was so stupid and unable to find it
    Here's a pic of him:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkmdb.com/db/images/movies/10555/NewPoliceStory+2004-9-t.jpg')
    Credits to hkmdb.com

He's quite underrated really...and usually playing evil characters. His last leading (well kinda) role was TLWNR and that was awhile back and he seems to be doing supporting roles again. He was so funny in TWF.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

he made me laugh in the ending of whatever it takes
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think the biggest role Evergreen ever took was in TLWNR. I do hope TVB give more "bigger" roles to him.

I haven't seen Whatever it takes - me wanna watch it...hopefully they will air a good old series here. Anyways I remember watching Get Set Go and this was after the release of TLWNR and Chin Ka Lok was saying something about him getting a promotion and having a leading role...could of been a mainland series cos I haven't seen him lead anything else...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Yes, he did an excellent job in Whatever It Takes. Huge difference on his personality in the ending of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    he made me laugh in the ending of whatever it takes

He is also in Doomed of Oblivion.