Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moon Demon - Huang Yi

Default heya grundle

am i missing some translations.
    both you and Ren have gone missing

What happen to this novel!!!???

It dam interesting!!!

Giving me such a looong cliff hanger!

I wish someone continue. Any taker? Gratefully indebted.

I just finish reading this for the 3rd time. I am dying to know what is the magic stone.

Someone should continue translating this. The story is awsome.

Default Shoot!

I thought someone took over the translation

Please continue this exciting adventure!

Moon Devil is a one book eight chapter story.

Ling is a series of short James Bond like modern hero / detective like stories.

HY want to write wushu story and made a name in his first story breaking the void space, but publisher did not give him the support that he need, and instead want him to write modern hero with sci/fan taste. Like Wesley by Ngai Hong. (remember movie of Sam Hui in Himalaya??)

I think Ling's story is a lot better than W and HY shift back to Wushu story after a while.

But he eventually wrote two GREAT sci fi novels.

I read this a few years ago when grundle was translating and always wonder what happened...since no one is actively translating this..i will try to do it..considering there's only 4.5 chapters left

For the first time, Bunya Okono revealed a smile and said: “These last couple years, I have been spending a lot of money, talked to all my contacts, but yet I cannot find any trace of Red Fox.

Ling Duyu frowned and said “Red Fox!”, but in his mind he thought to himself: “Oh, the diary mentioned that Professor M is Red Fox”

Bunya Okono nodded.

Ling Duyu knew of the Red Fox, but could not puzzle out what his connection was to the stone. The Red Fox was an infamous celebrity. The Red Fox was very knowledgeable, and had connections to top tier companies worldwide. He was a well known explorer, often searching thru the jungles of Africa to discover secrets that no else have ever found. He was also the famous author of various occult books using the pseudonym of Red Fox. There are not many who now knows his real name. In addtion, not very many people knows where he came from. Rumor say he is a famous Spanish aristocrat. If this is true or not, only the Red Fox would know.

Ling Duyu said: “The Red Fox is suppose to be an upright person. How come he is so enamor with this treasure.”

Bunya Okono slowly responded to the question: “It is not just any normal treasure. It is an object of immense power that can allow the humanity to take a glimpse into the secrets of the universe.”

Ling Duyu said: "Have you seen it yet?"

Bunya Okono’s face changed as he remembered his experience, and then said “Of course I have seen it. Although it was just for a brief moment, the experience was unforgettable.” Saying that, he lowered his head so that Ling Duyu could not see his emotional state.

Ling Duyu was suprised and wonder what it was that could cause such an important man to be so emotional.

Bunya Okono lifted his face up. The redness was gone, but his previous emotional state was still evident on his face.

Ling Duyu could not help but ask: "What did you see?"

Bunya Okono hesitated for a brief moment and then said: “Just within a brief moment, I saw the development of civilization from the beginning till now."

Ling Duyu was shocked. Many people have experienced this, such as those who experience near death. An example of this is that of a mountain climber who falls from far above and before hitting the ground, their mind would speed up a million time faster letting them see the entirety of their own past as if it was a speed up movie reel. People who have these near death experience only see their own past life. For Bunya Okono to see the entire development of civilization from beginning till now meant that the ‘magic stone’ must have speed up his mind to an infinitesimal number so that he could see the full scope of humanity development. This was beyond the scope of just a near death experience.

Ling Duyu asked: "Can you describe the 'Magic Stone'?"

Bunya Okono thought about it and responded to his question: “It is a rectangular stone block about 8 inches by 3 inches, engraved with a lot of strange writings on it. In the middle of the stone block is a round ball protruding out. According to information gained from Red Fox, if you put this rectangular stone over your eyes, the round ball will fit perfectly between your eyebrows.
    Ling Duyu said: "What is the texture of the stone?"

Bunya Okono responded: “We have done various research on it. The texture of the stone remain a big mystery. It is both transparent and non-transparent, but yet it is harder than steel. What is even stranger is that during the night of the Mid Autumn Festival, the stone’s texture will change, and then a few days later, it will change back to normal.

to be continued

To be fair, I should share what I have on this chapter as well. I am a little bit farther than this, so it should help with your progress This chapter gets pretty technical so it is pretty tough. What you have done looks good.
    ------------------------

Ling Duyu thought to himself, “This specimen called the ‘magic stone’ is rather complicated. First of all there is the problem with polishing a stone that is harder than steel. What ancient tools could have been used to transform it into it’s current appearance?”

Second is the “magic stone’s” ability when holding the circular sphere in front of the eyes to exert a pressure right between the eyes, which just happens to be the most mysterious spot in medicine. According to the latest medical research, the pineal gland just happens to be located at a point right between the eyes. This gland secretes a chemical that they are still not certain about it’s true function. One possibility is that it affects “Spiritual Awareness”. In the 60’s the research of medical scientists produced hallucinogenic drugs which can damage and weaken the pineal gland’s ability to secrete this chemical. As a result, those who took the drugs lost their grasp of this world, and embarked on a mental journey that was totally outside of this realm, where they wished to be eternally.

There is a mysterious Buddhist Teaching that similarly states that originally people were able to go on mental journeys that were so far away that they could even transcend the limits of space-time. However, God became jealous of man’s ability so he made a cage to bind their limitless awareness and he firmly locked it up into a tiny point inside of them, which is where we find ourselves now. If we could all take a hold of Spiritual Awareness and experience space-time, everything else would become a blurry background.

Could this cage be the pineal gland located between the eyes? It is said that the Bodhi tree where Buddha finished Buddhism, was full of these secretions from the pineal gland.

In the Chinese sects of Buddhism, there is a point 1 cun by 1 cun between the eyes that is extremely important, called the “Platform of the Spirit”. For the last thousand years it has been a riddle whether or not it was the best path to reach immortality.

Could the “magic stone” open the third eye?

Bunya Okono continued speaking, “The same day that Red Fox came to see me, he demanded that I help him steal the “magic stone” from the Cairo Museum. I flatly refused, because I wasn’t about to damage my relationship with the Egyptians just to steal some treasure. After meeting with him I became completely wrapped up with curiosity, so I ended up going to Cairo with him. I wanted to see the magic stone, as well as hear how he planned to get a hold of it. It was certainly the most unforgettable experience in my life.” He immediately sighed and exclaimed, “As a result I have complete confidence in his ability to keep the magic stone safe until he and I can share the joy of activating it together.”

Bunya Okono raised his hands in front of his eyes and struck a stance, “Reportedly, every year during the period when the moon is most full when you hold the magic stone tightly in front of your eyes and allow the sphere to touch the space in between the eyes you can see.....can see....” it seemed as if he was having trouble finding the exact words. After a long while he finally finished, “You would have the godly ability to see both the East and the West.”
    --=={Grundle}==--

Oh, thank you so much guys.

It great that you guys start translating again.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy.

Grundle and Wandering, thanks for the translation! Took a sneak peak at the Chinese text on http://www.millionbook.net/wx/h/huangyi/ym/004.htm

According to that text, that last line that Bunya Okono says is “只有神才能看到的東西。” It should translate to something like: "what only god can see".

東 is East and 西 is West, but put together 東西 just means "something".
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?