Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Janitor Monk and Other Wuxia Omnipotents Vs. Modern Weapons, Superheroes, and Deities Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Wonder what Guo Jing can do with a Repeating Ballista?
    Probably not much. An AK-47 would make you and me more powerful than Gwok Jing.

NOTE: this thread was split off from the original Gwok Jing vs. Golden Wheel Monk Arrow-Shooting Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Probably not much. An AK-47 would make you and me more powerful than Gwok Jing.
    Unlike GJ, we still can't take out 7 x 7 attacking taoists in 7 big dipper formations. After the first 30 max, we'll get killed while reloading.

Unlike GJ, we still can't take out 7 x 7 attacking taoists in 7 big dipper formations. After the first 30 max, we'll get killed while reloading.
    That's why we'll also be carrying grenades.

That's why we'll also be carrying grenades.
    I'll man the APC while you charge out with the AK-47 and the grenades ok?

I'll man the APC while you charge out with the AK-47 and the grenades ok?
    Just make sure you radio for air support if things get really hairy. I want a fully armed Blackhawk and a squadron of F-22s ready to go...just in case.

Just make sure you radio for air support if things get really hairy. I want a fully armed Blackhawk and a squadron of F-22s ready to go...just in case.
    Gosh Ken, with that kind of armed forces, you can take out several large cities. Preparing for war? I guess defeat is not an option, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Gosh Ken, with that kind of armed forces, you can take out several large cities. Preparing for war? I guess defeat is not an option, huh?
    It never is, especially not when dealing with dangerous wuxia characters that can tap you to death and tap you back to life just as easily. Best to be well prepared.

I don't know... even heavily armed with modern technology, I'll still be kinda nervous facing XF and his XL18Z. To be safe, I'll stay clear of all the . Tell me when the fighting's over.

Then again, with 1 atomic bomb, everyone's pretty much a goner...

What if the sweeper monk's chi wall reflect all the bombs and bullets back to you?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    So what if LXH threw his dagger at Lu Xiao Feng, who is supposed to be able to catch any blade?

Zi xiang mao dun?
    That's something I've discussed with other people before. I think it's much interesting than some of those character battle discussions. Maybe we should make a poll about what'll happen? Who is considered the victor if LXH's dagger pierces LXF's skin but LXF catches it at that precise moment and stops further penetration?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    What if the sweeper monk's chi wall reflect all the bombs and bullets back to you?
    We'll just have to test the Janitor Monk's fabled chi shield and see if it's effective against multiple 50-megaton hydrogen bombs.

So what if LXH threw his dagger at Lu Xiao Feng, who is supposed to be able to catch any blade?

Zi xiang mao dun?
    They both explode. The resulting energy blows SPT across the ocean and what's left is absorbed by DY who becomes a traffic light.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

If LXF caught the dagger before it did any serious injury then he would be considered the victor since LXH only has 1 dagger and thus LXH would lose any subsequent fight.

If LXH throws his dagger at LXF's throat then I can't imagine any situation in between LXF being severely injured/dead or being mostly unhurt.

If we presume that this world is the only one with humans on it, then with enough hydrogen bombs, even if you didn't kill the Sweeper Monk, you would still strike a blow against Buddhism since the cycle of reincarnation would end.

If LXF caught the dagger before it did any serious injury then he would be considered the victor since LXH only has 1 dagger and thus LXH would lose any subsequent fight.

If LXH throws his dagger at LXF's throat then I can't imagine any situation in between LXF being severely injured/dead or being mostly unhurt.

If we presume that this world is the only one with humans on it, then with enough hydrogen bombs, even if you didn't kill the Sweeper Monk, you would still strike a blow against Buddhism since the cycle of reincarnation would end.
    I was talking about a friendly contest so neither has to kill the other to win. Would LXH still be consider the victor since he would have hit LXF? On the other hand, LXF would also have stopped LXH's dagger, so can LXF be considered the victor? Also, I think LXH does have more than 1 dagger, he just never needed to just more than 1 even when fighting multiple opponents because no one was stupid enough to be the first to take the 1st dagger. LXH knew that no one would ever step up to take his 1st dagger, so he always kidded about how his 2nd or 3rd daggers might not be so accurate.

In the sweeper's scenario, I can imagine something like
    "The impact of the 50 hydrogen bombs were amazing, enough to shatter the world 20 times over. The bombs came within 200 feet of the sweeper monk and were about to destroy him along with the rest of the world. The monk calmly put his palms together and a chi wall gently surrounded the bombs. Amazingly, upon impact with the chi wall, the bombs became like pebbles thrown into an ocean. More amazingly, not only were the bombs reflected back, they were completely defused and dropped safetly back on the ground. It's not completely unbelievable that a master of martial arts can reflect bombs, but it's truly unheard of for someone to not only reflect the bombs but also completely defuse them and prevent any damage to the surroundings. "
    Last edited by Wu Wudi; 08-08-06 at 09:38 PM.

OK...it's time to bring out the really heavy gear.

*Ken takes out antimatter cannon.*

From Wikipedia: "In particle physics, antimatter is matter that is composed of the antiparticles of those that constitute normal matter. If a particle and its antiparticle come into contact with each other, the two annihilate..."

That's too easy Ken, the ki shield will prevent the antimatter from ever touching Sweeps XD

Matter does not come into contact.

Antimatter does not come into contact.

Minds come into contact.

Ooooh.

*K2Grey assumes a beatific expression of peace and enlightenment...*

Matter does not come into contact.

Antimatter does not come into contact.

Minds come into contact.

Ooooh.

*K2Grey assumes a beatific expression of peace and enlightenment...*
    Ah it has evolved into a battle between minds now? maybe Professor Xavier will come along and KO everyone in an instant. Since he is the most powerful telepath on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    That's too easy Ken, the ki shield will prevent the antimatter from ever touching Sweeps XD
    Antimatter is the ultimate trump card.

Qi is a manifestation of energy in the positive matter universe, therefore, this energy is positive matter.

When positive matter contacts antimatter, both will be destroyed.

I designed this move to win, not lose.

Antimatter is the ultimate trump card.

Qi is a manifestation of energy in the positive matter universe, therefore, this energy is positive matter.

When positive matter contacts antimatter, both will be destroyed.

I designed this move to win, not lose.
    But if both matter and antimatter get destroyed, how did you win? Your cannon blast will just cancel out with sweeper's chi wall. Also, since sweeper is the ultimate martial artist, he can control the polar opposites of all martial arts qualities such as hard/soft, fast/slow, hot/cold/, including matter/antimatter. How would your antimatter cannon deal with an antimatter chi wall?