Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drive Of Life 《歲月風雲》

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Wow. TVB is really promoting Ray, making him lead in such a big production. Last time these kind of big budget long series only went to 'big brothers' like Gallen Law.
    well Gallen has alredy left TVB, so i guess it's only natural for the station to prepare & groom its next generation of leading actors, and what better way then to let him lead a mega production?

Afterall, u can't expect TVB to rely on Gallen forever...
    无名小卒

Charmaine looks the best out of the females from the pix. And Ray is looking really good along w/Joe Ma.

I can't believe jess cut her hair...I loved her long hair...Y?

Quote Originally Posted by zhashi
    I can't believe jess cut her hair...I loved her long hair...Y?
    i loved jess' long hair too! short hair doesn't look nice on her to me!
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

I love Myolie's look here.... well, maybe bias since I like that kind of style
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

I like Myolie with long hair, she look pretty with long hair, but she still looks good and cool , I like Jessica with long hair too, love Ron's look, cool and hot hehehe.
    Support: Anita Yuen-Maggie Ho Yee-Joyce Tang-Kenix Kwok-Myolie Wu-Christine Ng-Bernice-Tavia-Sharon!!!
    Loving: Julian+Anita, Boscolie, Rayolie, Sunny+Christine.
    Boscolie Paradise

i dont like ron's look!

i think matthew ko will not be in this series. ron and toby are pairing up again (ron's a car racer and toby's a reporter for some car magazine).

come and think about, I don't I have seen Ron paired up with the big 'fa dan'. Bosco paired up with jessica before and of course Ray had paired up with so many.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    come and think about, I don't I have seen Ron paired up with the big 'fa dan'. Bosco paired up with jessica before and of course Ray had paired up with so many.
    This is so true. Maybe Tvb thinks that Ron's acting isn't on par with the senior 'fa dans' yet plus his charisma attracts more to the younger audiences!?

Default Additional [The Changing Times] synopsis

Additional [The Changing Times] synopsis:

Damien Lau started his business via real estate investment. After his business deteriorated, he changed to car dealership business. His wife is Gigi Wong Shuk Yi, who bore him daughter; Jessica Hsuan and son; Raymond Lam. Raymond is in love with Charmaine Sheh, while his assistant Myolie Wu is secretly in love with him.

Ron Ng's father, Benz Hui is the supervisor for the automobile service department. Ron will sometimes secretly take customer's car for a race. Ron's mother, Mary Hon (盧皓月 Lu Ho Yuet) along with his half brother Joe Ma (born from different father *updated) doted on him. On the other hand, Michael Miu and Sheren Tang's daughter Toby Leung is a reporter for an automobile magazine. One time, when sending her car for servicing at Ron's, she discovered that Ron droved her car, causing misunderstanding which later developed into romantic feelings

Because this series revolves around history of the rise and fall of families, therefore the period is also very long. Ron will appear roughly after 20 episodes, and acting from 20 to 40 years old.

Note: The chinese source is from Ron Cafes, while the english translation above was done by me. Kindly give due credit if reposted.
    Last edited by sehseh; 10-03-06 at 02:46 AM.

Default Sept 28 Press Conference cont.

2nd clip for the press conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9frBuvrSzk

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6681/sun060929hc5.jpg')

"Changing Times" Press Conference - Celebrating 10th Anniversary of Hong Kong's Return to China

[Ta Kung Pao & Wen Wei Po 29/09/06]

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Hong Kong's return to China next year, TVB has joined forces with China Central Television (CCTV) to film a sixty-episode series entitled "Changing Times". To mark this event, a special press conference was held in a hotel yesterday and as well as a special contract signing ceremony by TVB General Manager Stephen Chan and China International Television Managing Director's Aide Feng Run Sheng, the event was attended by cast members including Damian Lau, Gigi Wong, Michael Miu, Jessica Hsuan, Sheren Tang, Charmaine Sheh, Myolie Wu, Ron Ng, Raymond Lam and Toby Leung. The series will be filmed in Hong Kong and the mainland as well as on location in Canada.

The story is centred around the development of China's Motor industry and will be aired simultaneously on TVB, CCTV and many other Chinese channels around the world in October next year. Sheren plays a rich lady in the show and she sought out a jewellery sponsor especially for yesterday's event and she turned out wearing diamonds worth over $1 million. Asked whether she will be wearing her own items for filming, she says: "Jewellery is too expensive, so I hope to have a sponsor. As for clothes and shoes, then I may be using some of my own things."

After working opposite Toby previously in "Men in Pain", Ron is happy that they will be able to build up their chemistry again quickly, but he does not know if they will have any kissing scenes yet. Talking of his limited Mandarin abilities and his earlier embarrassment, he is glad that all his lines will be presented in Cantonese. Toby's character will be spanning from her teens up to her thirties, showing different periods of her life, so she has had a special haircut for the show. Working with a strong cast and being the newest kid on the block, is she worried about the comments that she has been given this opportunity because of her father, TVB Drama Department Assistant Director Tommy Leung? She says: "I am used to it now, he is my father after all, so I can't cut all my ties with him."

Recent magazine reports have suggested that Charmaine has split with her rumoured boyfriend Benny Chan, but when she was asked about this, she smiled: "We were never dating, so how could we split? I would like to know too, can you find out which magazine it was?" Asked if the reports stem from her not seeing him much lately, she immediately cut the question short and said: "I have finished now!". As for whether this news of their split means they will not be linked again in the press, she smiles: "It that so? If it is, that would be good. (Then people can go ahead and woo you?) So for their help, I should really thank the magazine." Charmaine says that she does have pursuers, but they are not very assertive: "I am not young any more and I do wish to date and get married. (Have your criteria changed for a partner?) Just the normal things a girl looks for, ambition and filial piety."

Jessica has had her hair cut short for this series and she says frankly that she was a little reluctant to cut the hair that she has been growing for several years. Whilst working in Singapore, her old pet dog died from illness and she was faced with a death of a loved one for the first time in her life. She says: "I never imagined that it would be just five days after I arrived when I heard about his death. Fortunately, some people from an abandoned animal charity helped me to arrange his cremation and his ashes are stored at my home." Jessica's other dog, which is 14 years old is developing signs of senility so she is preparing herself mentally for his departure. Jessica herself has been suffering from illness recently because she has been diagnosed with helicobacter pylori, but she has been fighting this with medication. She says of her bad luck: "This is what happens when your zodiac sign is at odds with the gods." Asked if she will be reducing her output because of her health, she says: "I have already reduced my work over the last few years, just taking on 20 episode series and giving myself a rest every couple of months. Although this is a long series, there are plenty of other stars, so it should not be too hard. It is a rare opportunity to work with CCTV, so I have taken on this project."

News translation credits to Em http://www.tvbspace.net/
    Last edited by sehseh; 09-29-06 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai
    well Gallen has alredy left TVB, so i guess it's only natural for the station to prepare & groom its next generation of leading actors, and what better way then to let him lead a mega production?

Afterall, u can't expect TVB to rely on Gallen forever...
    I don't mean that TVB need to depend on Gallen. That is not the point of my post. I wrote Gallen as an example only. My point is such role is usually given to the 'big brother' of TVB. And who is the big brother of TVB currently? Certainly not Raymond.

I'm not disagreeing with TVB's decision or think Ray is unfit to lead a mega production. I'm just surprised by it. That's all.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-29-06 at 05:50 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn
    i think matthew ko will not be in this series. ron and toby are pairing up again (ron's a car racer and toby's a reporter for some car magazine).
    Well, the series spanned over 20 years, I think Matthew Ko will be in here as one of Toby's love interest. Since it's previously in the news that Matthew Ko will be in here. Who knows, maybe Ron has another love interest or two in this series

Even Charm-Ray-Myolie love triangle is complicated. There will be another two Mainland actors in the picture, making it a love quadraple (or add in any mathematical complexity..haha). What I meant to say is, in such a long series, it's most likely that couple(s) get together, break off, meet someone else, break up etc ... (rinse and repeat - you know the routine )

p.s. Hope they find two really hot Mainland actors as Charmaine's & Myolie's love interest. Namely Chen Kun
    Last edited by sehseh; 09-29-06 at 05:57 AM.

I see Ray managed to come for da costume fitting. Wow Charmaine looks really good & I think Myolie has loss some weight. Too bad she has short hair, u can really see her chubby face, though not as bad as da last time. Ron & Joe looks good also but i think da gals r looking really good in dis series

why is it toby and ron again??? ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I don't mean that TVB need to depend on Gallen. That is not the point of my post. I wrote Gallen as an example only. My point is such role is usually given to the 'big brother' of TVB. And who is the big brother of TVB currently? Certainly not Raymond.
    yup i understd what u mean... jus tat we all know how TVB seems to be facing a shortage of "big bro " or leading man in these few yrs, esp one who's fit for a mega production like this! (still think Gallen is the most appropriate)..

Many have left for China, and Adam Cheng is aging, so i guess it's inevitable they will find someone relatively new to take on more important roles, esp. in the future..
    无名小卒

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6681/sun060929hc5.jpg')
    who's the one in the middle??

Toby Leung Jing Kei. She was the one paired up with Ron Ng in "Men in Pain", and in this series, she will once again be paired up with Ron. She will play the daughter of Sheren and Michael in this series.

Toby is an odd addition to the cast. Can't believe she's pairing with Ron again when they didn't have any chemistry together in MIP. *Sigh* Wish another actress could have taken her place there....