Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lin Yuanto

15 40.54%
  • Dongfang Bubai

22 59.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dongfang Bubai vs the creator of Pixie Swordplay, Lin Yuantu

That very exerpt also implies that they couldn't resist and had LYT look over the whole thing to explain it for them since they couldn't get it to make sense at all before that.

Exactly....what Chrono said.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

It just seems the written down version compiled by the two Huashan brothers, then snatched away by the Sun-Moon Cult were vastly more superior to the version written from memory by LYT from the recitation on his Monk robe. Even LYT, upon his death after many decades of practicing the recited version of the Sunflower manual still needed a sword to fight... DFB, in about a decade only used a pair of needles to beat up the combined force of 4 masters. I clearly remember in the novel, LHC and Yingying constantly looked down upon YBQ & LPZ when comparing them to DFBB skills. LPZ & YBQ used mostly the sword & needles in sneak attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    It just seems the written down version compiled by the two Huashan brothers, then snatched away by the Sun-Moon Cult were vastly more superior to the version written from memory by LYT from the recitation on his Monk robe. Even LYT, upon his death after many decades of practicing the recited version of the Sunflower manual still needed a sword to fight... DFB, in about a decade only used a pair of needles to beat up the combined force of 4 masters. I clearly remember in the novel, LHC and Yingying constantly looked down upon YBQ & LPZ when comparing them to DFBB skills. LPZ & YBQ used mostly the sword & needles in sneak attacks.
    Lin Yuantu obviously wanted to hide his speed and full powers.

1. Nobody mentioned his crazy speed

2. He created the 72 moves as a 'cover'

LPZ and YBQ, firstly, they were never mentioned as martial arts prodigies or talents unlike the praise given to DFBB and Lin Yuantu, secondly they did not have much time to practice.

Basically, DFBB practiced a skill which was pieced together by Lin Yuantu. As Lin was the 'creator' of DFBB's skill, it would not be far-fetched to imagine him being on a comparable level.

Using YBQ and LPZ as a yardstick for Bixie's true potential would be like using Shi Huolong's Dragon palms to say XF's Dragon Palms were not that good.
    Last edited by CC; 09-17-14 at 11:48 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I wonder if LPZ and YBQ had been practicing wrongly ... they did follow the 72 stances so much so that YBQ repeated the moves until LHC figured out how to beat him.

On a different tangent, why did Zuo use the fake version against YBQ? He should have been good enough to realize it sucked...

Its not even that wuxia trope where its powerful but secretly has some deadly flaw -- it just plain sucked without the inner portion. Why use it at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Lin Yuantu obviously wanted to hide his speed and full powers.

1. Nobody mentioned his crazy speed

2. He created the 72 moves as a 'cover'

LPZ and YBQ, firstly, they were never mentioned as martial arts prodigies or talents unlike the praise given to DFBB and Lin Yuantu, secondly they did not have much time to practice.

Basically, DFBB practiced a skill which was pieced together by Lin Yuantu. As Lin was the 'creator' of DFBB's skill, it would not be far-fetched to imagine him being on a comparable level.

Using YBQ and LPZ as a yardstick for Bixie's true potential would be like using Shi Huolong's Dragon palms to say XF's Dragon Palms were not that good.
    So I guess Bixie Sword Play isn't all that great after all. If the practitioner is weak then Bixie isn't all that powerful.

LYT only took the swordplay and the inner energy from KHBD, if you read KHBD (I did, dont judge me) the 72 stances are just up, down, left, right, left, right, left,and down. That is 8 moves and u just turn ur body a little bit and just redo the moves. You will make 9 turns so 8x9 is 72. KHBD also included the uses of other weapons like sewing needles. KHBD also taught how to create pills to become like the eunuch who wrote KHBD to practice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Chen View Post
    LYT only took the swordplay and the inner energy from KHBD, if you read KHBD (I did, dont judge me) the 72 stances are just up, down, left, right, left, right, left,and down. That is 8 moves and u just turn ur body a little bit and just redo the moves. You will make 9 turns so 8x9 is 72. KHBD also included the uses of other weapons like sewing needles. KHBD also taught how to create pills to become like the eunuch who wrote KHBD to practice it.
    Wow, you read KHBD/Bixie!!!
    How was it? Was it attract people? Did you practice it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Wow, you read KHBD/Bixie!!!
    How was it? Was it attract people? Did you practice it ?
    Its not that attractive. It was surprisingly short. It comprised of only four main levels, the sword play, how to create pills, eight stances, how to get a feminine body, and how to use a sewing needle. Also I didn't practice it cause I already learned it :P

Banned

I vote Jin Yong.

The pen is mightier than the swordplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Chen View Post
    Its not that attractive. It was surprisingly short. It comprised of only four main levels, the sword play, how to create pills, eight stances, how to get a feminine body, and how to use a sewing needle. Also I didn't practice it cause I already learned it :P
    Did you learn the real deal? Do you have super speed now? Did you make a big sacrifice?

Dongfang Bubai vs the creator of Pixie Swordplay, Lin Yuantu

It does not really matter who is more powerful between the two. They both are sore losers without their dong.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    The original version would allow the "invisible" practitioner to live to more than a hundred years.
    LOL. Pretty much all the practitioners of KHBD and Bixie died at a very young age.