Thread: Could a top level LBMB practitioner avoid the sword of a top DG9S practitioner?

Default Could a top level LBMB practitioner avoid the sword of a top DG9S practitioner?

Dook Goo 9 Swords. The ultimate sword technique. Can't be avoided, so they say.

Ling Bor Mei Bo. The ultimate hing gung technique. Can get away from anything, so they say.

A top level Ling Bor Mei Bo practitioner vs. a top level Dook Goo 9 Swords practitioner? Does the Ling Bor Mei Bo practitioner get away, or get skewered?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Dook Goo 9 Swords. The ultimate sword technique. Can't be avoided, so they say.

Ling Bor Mei Bo. The ultimate hing gung technique. Can get away from anything, so they say.

A top level Ling Bor Mei Bo practitioner vs. a top level Dook Goo 9 Swords practitioner? Does the Ling Bor Mei Bo practitioner get away, or get skewered?
    DG9 wins simply because it's offense. There's a four character chinese saying, that there must be eventual failure in a longterm defense. I don't know how to type in chinese, so maybe someone else can type it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    DG9 wins simply because it's offense. There's a four character chinese saying, that there must be eventual failure in a longterm defense. I don't know how to type in chinese, so maybe someone else can type it.
    Ling Bor Mei Bo isn't so much defense as it is escape. The Ling Bor Mei Bo practitioner doesn't need to defeat the Dook Goo 9 Swords practitioner; he just needs to get away with his life and all his limbs.

I think its just easier to use inner force, do the Lion Roar and knock both the swordsman and the Ling Bor guy out.

No matter what stance the DG9J practitioner uses, the LBWB user will be able to avoid it.

Plus the DG9J user has to actually be able to target the LBWB practitioner.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    No matter what stance the DG9J practitioner uses, the LBWB user will be able to avoid it.

Plus the DG9J user has to actually be able to target the LBWB practitioner.
    What the... so one becomes an unhittable object when LBWB is used? I think this calls for a Little Lee's flying dagger versus LBWB. What will win? The strike with a 100% strike efficency or the move with a 100% evasion efficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    What the... so one becomes an unhittable object when LBWB is used? I think this calls for a Little Lee's flying dagger versus LBWB. What will win? The strike with a 100% strike efficency or the move with a 100% evasion efficiency?
    Little Li Flying Dagger has reached such proficiency in weaponery, he can anticipate where the LBWB guy would move next, and he would be able to target the right place, no matter how fast the LBWB guy is.

忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Well, JY doesn't tend to engage in such hyperbole. Obviously if the inexperienced DY fought with XF, after a bunch of running around XF would finally smack DY with XL18Z and that'd be the end of the "fight".

But nevertheless I don't think any other JY lightness art allows one to just dodge attacks like that. MRF was a deep master of techniques, yet he was unable to strike DY despite the confined space. On the other hand when ZBT tried to just dodge everything HYS threw at him without fighting back, he was quickly in trouble despite using 9 Yin arts to evade.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Well, JY doesn't tend to engage in such hyperbole. Obviously if the inexperienced DY fought with XF, after a bunch of running around XF would finally smack DY with XL18Z and that'd be the end of the "fight".

But nevertheless I don't think any other JY lightness art allows one to just dodge attacks like that. MRF was a deep master of techniques, yet he was unable to strike DY despite the confined space. On the other hand when ZBT tried to just dodge everything HYS threw at him without fighting back, he was quickly in trouble despite using 9 Yin arts to evade.
    JY engages in hyperbole sometimes too but he doesn't completely stick to it. Even after saying something is most powerful, something can come along that's even more powerful. However, with GL, Little Lee dagger's 100% efficiencey is an irrefutable fact.

MRF just got weaker and weaker after his loss to DY and XF at Shaolin. I think he lost too much confidence in himself and that's a big reason for his incompetance when DY was blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Little Li Flying Dagger has reached such proficiency in weaponery, he can anticipate where the LBWB guy would move next, and he would be able to target the right place, no matter how fast the LBWB guy is.

You're right. I"ll like to see how Gu Long would have wrote that scene. He probably would began by describing how awesome LBWB is, and then suddenly and unexpectedly, there'll be a glitter of light, and DY would be on the ground with shock in his eyes.