Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank all of Duan Zhengchun's lovers in terms of beauty

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Rank all of Duan Zhengchun's lovers in terms of beauty

Duan Zhengzhun has a lot of lovers and I'm willing to bet that the ones we know of from the story are just a small portion. From the ones we know who is the most beautiful? Who ranked the lowest in beauty? Rank them.

since the daughters are supposed to reflect the beauty of their mothers, the ranks should be something like this (sorry, cantonese pronounciation):

mrs. wong
    chun hung min
    gum bo bo
    yuen sing chuk

don't know where to put mrs. ma; i'm assuming she'll be at the bottom, simply because she's more about ****tiness than actual beauty -- well, at least that's how she's portrayed. i'm guessing his official wife, do bat fung, should be between mrs. wong and chun hung min -- she is, afterall, royalty.

did i miss anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mawguy
    since the daughters are supposed to reflect the beauty of their mothers, the ranks should be something like this (sorry, cantonese pronounciation):

mrs. wong
    chun hung min
    gum bo bo
    yuen sing chuk

don't know where to put mrs. ma; i'm assuming she'll be at the bottom, simply because she's more about ****tiness than actual beauty -- well, at least that's how she's portrayed. i'm guessing his official wife, do bat fung, should be between mrs. wong and chun hung min -- she is, afterall, royalty.

did i miss anyone?
    Are you talking about TV or novel? In the novel, Mrs Ma was supposedly a gorgeous lady. I'll rank Mrs Wong at the top too since any woman that looks like WYY is supposedly most beautiful in that story.

1. Madam Wang
    2. Madam Ma
    3. Dao Baifeng and Qin Hongmian (tied)
    5. Ruan Xingzhu and Gan Bao Bao (tied)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    Are you talking about TV or novel?
    Based on TV, I wasn't very impressed by any of them (at least not for looks; the acting ability was quite good, for the most part). TVB chose several of its then-middle aged actresses for the roles. A few of them were probably good looking when they were younger, but at the time they played those roles...let's just say they were not going to overshadow the younger actresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Based on TV, I wasn't very impressed by any of them (at least not for looks; the acting ability was quite good, for the most part). TVB chose several of its then-middle aged actresses for the roles. A few of them were probably good looking when they were younger, but at the time they played those roles...let's just say they were not going to overshadow the younger actresses.
    That's true. I forgot that TVB tends to put average looking old actresses in any female roles that are not supposed to be 20 something year olds. All the actesses didn't look too good when they play Huang Rong in ROCH even though HR was still supposed to be very beautiful and still quite youthful.

All the actesses didn't look too good when they play Huang Rong in ROCH even though HR was still supposed to be very beautiful and still quite youthful.
    Au Yeung Pui San looked great as Wong Yung in ROCH '83, however. At the time, she was only a year or two removed from playing youthful roles herself. In fact, the ROCH Wong Yung might have been her first "mature" role.

That's true. I forgot that TVB tends to put average looking old actresses in any female roles that are not supposed to be 20 something year olds. All the actesses didn't look too good when they play Huang Rong in ROCH even though HR was still supposed to be very beautiful and still quite youthful.
    Well, the Li QiuShui from the china production was pretty hot! Yeah but thats not TVB.

I find DGSD97's Ruan Xingzhu very pretty eventhough she's already middle age.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I find DGSD97's Ruan Xingzhu very pretty eventhough she's already middle age.
    I just finished DGSD 97 today and I do find her pretty except for the wrinkles on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Duan Zhengzhun has a lot of lovers and I'm willing to bet that the ones we know of from the story are just a small portion. From the ones we know who is the most beautiful? Who ranked the lowest in beauty? Rank them.
    Madam Wang should be at the top
    Madam Ma was said to be very attractive too
    Followed by Qin Hong Mian (guessing based on impression)
    I would probably put Gan Bao Bao and Ruan Xing Zhu about the same level

The 03 mainland china version of DGSD had pretty good looking actresses playingeach of the wives. Except maybe Madam Wang, which was a bit annoying. Looked nowhere near as good as WYY or Li Qui Shui.

Madam Wang was annoying, and she wasn't that pretty, but she had other assets that made it obvious why DZC went after her too.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Well, the Li QiuShui from the china production was pretty hot! Yeah but thats not TVB.
    I've heard her mentionned a number of times but what is her name? I'd like to see a glimpse of her myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley
    I've heard her mentionned a number of times but what is her name? I'd like to see a glimpse of her myself.
    Not sure myself. But in the scenes where they flashbacked to the Wu Liang Cave with her and Wuyazi, I thought that she looked really good. Second only to Ah Zhu (Liu Tao) in that whole series.

Wasn't Christy Chung Madam Ma in that adaption? If so she gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by tape
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley
    Madam Wang was annoying, and she wasn't that pretty, but she had other assets that made it obvious why DZC went after her too.
    the actress who played Li Qiu Shui was Xie Yu Xin i think. She was the one who sang the subtheme Yang Wang.

now she looked good in DGSD best 90 year old (? roughly) i've seen

The Mainland DGSD 03 had an insanely young looking Granny Yu who was supposed to be around TSTL's age.

They got a rather young actress for Evil #2 as well.

Then they went cheap and reduced the 4 maids to 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    The Mainland DGSD 03 had an insanely young looking Granny Yu who was supposed to be around TSTL's age.

They got a rather young actress for Evil #2 as well.

Then they went cheap and reduced the 4 maids to 2.
    They got actual twins though, that was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tape
    Either she is getting better at acting or very bad at it. I wanted to strangle her when i was watching that adaptation. I wasn't sure if it was due to overacting or because she protrayed Madam Ma so well...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.