Thread: Gung Sheun Luk Ngok - continuity problem

Default Gung Sheun Luk Ngok - continuity problem

The character Gung Sheun Luk Ngok provides an interesting continuity problem in L/ROCH.

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok is supposedly younger than Yeung Gor: she looked younger, acted younger, and called him "Yeung dai gor" ("big brother Yeung.") If you do the math, however, she should be older.

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok's mother, Kau Cheen Chek, was nowhere to be seen in LOCH although her two brothers were seen prominently. That means that the incident in which Kau Cheen Chek's husband, Gung Sheun Tze, crippled her limbs and abandoned her to die in the cave beneath Passionless Valley must have happened even before Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's encounters with the Kau brothers in LOCH.

Yeung Gor, however, wasn't born until towards the end of LOCH.

Moreover, how was it that Gung Sheun Luk Ngok was alive and active at Passionless Valley in ROCH anyway? Her mother had been crippled and abandoned in the cave while supposedly still pregnant with Luk Ngok. Nobody, not even Gung Sheun Tze, had gone down there to see Kau Cheen Chek during the two decades she was down there. She did not give birth to Luk Ngok in the cave and have Gung Sheun Tze or somebody else bring the baby back to the surface. By all rights, Luk Ngok should have died in the cave (or survived and somehow grew up in the cave).

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok's very existence is a continuity blip.

Heh, JY is just bad at math. Even Huang Rong is suppose to be older than Guo Jing right?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Heh, JY is just bad at math. Even Huang Rong is suppose to be older than Guo Jing right?
    Yes, that was the case. He finally fixed that in LOCH Ed. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The character Gung Sheun Luk Ngok provides an interesting continuity problem in L/ROCH.

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok is supposedly younger than Yeung Gor: she looked younger, acted younger, and called him "Yeung dai gor" ("big brother Yeung.") If you do the math, however, she should be older.

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok's mother, Kau Cheen Chek, was nowhere to be seen in LOCH although her two brothers were seen prominently. That means that the incident in which Kau Cheen Chek's husband, Gung Sheun Tze, crippled her limbs and abandoned her to die in the cave beneath Passionless Valley must have happened even before Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's encounters with the Kau brothers in LOCH.

Yeung Gor, however, wasn't born until towards the end of LOCH.

Moreover, how was it that Gung Sheun Luk Ngok was alive and active at Passionless Valley in ROCH anyway? Her mother had been crippled and abandoned in the cave while supposedly still pregnant with Luk Ngok. Nobody, not even Gung Sheun Tze, had gone down there to see Kau Cheen Chek during the two decades she was down there. She did not give birth to Luk Ngok in the cave and have Gung Sheun Tze or somebody else bring the baby back to the surface. By all rights, Luk Ngok should have died in the cave (or survived and somehow grew up in the cave).

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok's very existence is a continuity blip.
    Good find

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Explain this HR-GJ situation...sounds like it's going to be interesting...and tell me how JY fixed it.

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok's mother, Kau Cheen Chek, was nowhere to be seen in LOCH
    I thought that Qiu Qianchi stayed in Passionless Valley after marrying Gongsun Zhi, and that she never really wandered around anyway.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I believe that Kau Cheen Chee was tossed down the pit soon after giving birth to Gung Shun Look Ngok. One could only infer that that was around the time when Yang Gor was born, since Kau Cheen Chee didn't know what happened to her brothers until after she was rescued. I would guess that Gung Shun Look Ngok and Yang Gor are around the same age.