Thread: [ xiaoyao sect? ]

Default [ xiaoyao sect? ]

i was going through my brother's DVD library and decided to watch...

THE DRAGON CHRONICLES (demi-god, semi-devils movie from early 90s with brigette lin, gong li, and man cheung)

okay, now, this is part of tian long ba bu, isn't it? i couldn't find much information on this, so could someone please kindly tell me about the xiaoyao sect?

i didn't understand much of the story because there was too much going on and too many characters. i'm not familiar with DGSD but soon will.

the plot probably differentiates a lot from the the actual novel, but all i remember was that some monk received some guy's "martial arts."

so again...HELP ME!

and thank you!
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    i was going through my brother's DVD library and decided to watch...

THE DRAGON CHRONICLES (demi-god, semi-devils movie from early 90s with brigette lin, gong li, and man cheung)

okay, now, this is part of tian long ba bu, isn't it? i couldn't find much information on this, so could someone please kindly tell me about the xiaoyao sect?

i didn't understand much of the story because there was too much going on and too many characters. i'm not familiar with DGSD but soon will.

the plot probably differentiates a lot from the the actual novel, but all i remember was that some monk received some guy's "martial arts."

so again...HELP ME!

and thank you!
    The monk's name is Xu Zhu and he solved a 'Go' riddle so therefore the long-crippled Wuyazi transfered all his internal energy to him. In Wuyazi's generation there is a total of 4 disciples (never heard of anymore disciples). I'm not too familar with the names but two of the other 3 disciples also ended up transferring their internal energy to Xu Zhu (or am I wrong?). The remaining disciple is Mrs. Wang's mother and Wang Yu Yin's grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    The monk's name is Xu Zhu and he solved a 'Go' riddle so therefore the long-crippled Wuyazi transfered all his internal energy to him. In Wuyazi's generation there is a total of 4 disciples (never heard of anymore disciples). I'm not too familar with the names but two of the other 3 disciples also ended up transferring their internal energy to Xu Zhu (or am I wrong?). The remaining disciple is Mrs. Wang's mother and Wang Yu Yin's grandmother.
    more questions for you...

could you tell me more abou xu zhu?

and what is xiaoyao's sect role in TIAN LONG BA BU?

just not too much info, lmao, 'cuz my TLBB series arrives tomorrow.

thanks a lot for your help and clarification.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Xiao Yao Pai (Carefree Sect) is a mysterious sect that the monk Xu Zhu comes into contact with. XYP is secret and they have nearly all the martial arts of the other secrets, along with their own arts, which are OMGWTFBBQ. There are three elders: the leader Wuyazi, Li Qiushui, and Tianshan Tonglao. LQS and TSTL have been trying to kill each other for the past 70 years because of a love triangle between the elders and Wuyazi was somehow crippled by his traitorous disciple Ding Chunqiu, so none of them are really carefree.

Wuyazi had a disciple Su Xinghe who in turn had a disciple Xue Shen Yi (Divine Doctor Xue) who appeared earlier on in the book.

Also, earlier on in the book, Duan Yu finds a scroll with two OMGWTFBBQ XYP arts in them along with the instructions to go kill all XYP disciples.

Xu Zhu solves the unsolvable weiqi game by luck when he attempts to disrupt the game by throwing a random stone on there, with some help from the guy whose life he saved by disrupting the game. Afterwards he gets the inner power of Wuyazi and is told to kill DCQ. After that, he enjoys incredible luck and becomes ridiculously powerful.