Thread: Yu Tian Jian to substitute for Xuan Tie Jian?

Default Yu Tian Jian to substitute for Xuan Tie Jian?

Can one use the Heaven Sword/Dragon Sabre as a substitute for the HIS technique?

If you already have the inner power to swing the HIS effectively, that same inner power behind the HSDS would also be capable of slicing thru your enemies defence right?

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Can one use the Heaven Sword/Dragon Sabre as a substitute for the HIS technique?

If you already have the inner power to swing the HIS effectively, that same inner power behind the HSDS would also be capable of slicing thru your enemies defence right?
    i guess being sharper is a plus...but not the same mass, hence not the same force. might be just as effective, i don't think it serves the same purpose of HIS technique.

Well, the Heaven Sword by default is already capable of slicing through your opponent's defense. So the usage of the HS might be more to force contact with the opponent's blade in an expeditous manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying
    i guess being sharper is a plus...but not the same mass, hence not the same force. might be just as effective, i don't think it serves the same purpose of HIS technique.
    The mass of the HIS is to crush thru the opponents defence. If you can slice thru instead of crushing thru, its the same effect. Basically, getting your weapon to touch the opponents body.

The theory is the same IMHO. Use direct no nonsense attacks which do not need to bother with circumventing the opponents defence. Attack directly at their defence.

The mass of the HIS is to crush thru the opponents defence. If you can slice thru instead of crushing thru, its the same effect. Basically, getting your weapon to touch the opponents body.

The theory is the same IMHO. Use direct no nonsense attacks which do not need to bother with circumventing the opponents defence. Attack directly at their defence.
    That would only work if your opponent is a not good enough swordsman to avoid a direct confrontation with your sword and does not have enough internal power to counter your power attacks. In my opinion, the HIS would work better with this technique since its heavier mass lets it have a better change of breaking other weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    That would only work if your opponent is a not good enough swordsman to avoid a direct confrontation with your sword and does not have enough internal power to counter your power attacks. In my opinion, the HIS would work better with this technique since its heavier mass lets it have a better change of breaking other weapons.
    If he can avoid the HIS, he can avoid the HS. I don't see a difference really. Besides, the Dragon Sabre is a pretty hefty weapon too.

The HIS uses mass + inner energy to break the opponents weapon. With inner energy behind it, the HS can do the same.

Actually, the point is, wouldn't a sharp HIS be more effective then a blunt HIS?

i always thought the difference lies in power of stroke... one of dugu's earlier swords was sliced other weapons pretty nicely (or so he claimed at least)

If he can avoid the HIS, he can avoid the HS. I don't see a difference really. Besides, the Dragon Sabre is a pretty hefty weapon too.

The HIS uses mass + inner energy to break the opponents weapon. With inner energy behind it, the HS can do the same.

Actually, the point is, wouldn't a sharp HIS be more effective then a blunt HIS?
    I think better sharpness doesn't matter with the HIS because like you said, you're using strong internal power and mass to break your opponent's weapons. While the HIS is obviously slower, there might be some advantages to it because of its mass. For example, it'll much easier to break a knife with a heavy iron stick than with another sharper knife. I would think that regardless of how high one's internal power is, you can't completely adjust for a major weight difference between 2 weapons. Also, the HIS is a bigger weapon than the HS, so you get a bigger range of attack with the HIS which will nullify the disadvantages of the slower speed.

The HS cut through a very heavy iron staff wielded by the strongest Ming Cultist (the captain of the Metal Flag Unit) with ease.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I thought the HIS was no bigger than a normal sword... Anyway. It is possible. From what i can tell, the reason for using the HIS was because it does not break. If one can wield the weapon with the amount of force YG uses AND not have it snap under that awesome force, it is replaceable. But the problem is, no one has the benefit of the magic snakes YG and Condor ate to extinction, and thus other than ZWJ/ZSF no one can create so much force.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

If you wielded both HS and DS in each hand, would that actually be counterproductive? HIS depends on focusing all your effort at the point of attack, so if you have to divide your inner power between 2 weapons, it might work against you.