Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia RPG #3 Ideas Thread

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default Wuxia RPG #3 Ideas Thread

From the recent discussions of the Wuxia RPG #2 discussion thread it sounds like RPG #2 is going to end pretty soon. As the original creator of this game I'd like to ask you all for your opinions on what should be done to the 3rd RPG. Feel free to post ideas, opinions on the game, and rules that should be added.

Share your ideas on which era of China you want the RPG to take place in. Or do you want the 3rd RPG to take place in a new world (MysteriouX's idea). Modern world? Like I said before, feel free to post your ideas.

Ok this is only ideas, sugestions that we can toy around with.

1> Sequel or something set several years later to game 2
    2> go back (not as prequel) and start a different story set in something like warring states period
    3> set in the modern day, (sorta like Underworld, Highlande, Blade) where the general public is unaware of secret societies or worlds
    4> as i suggested once in the discussion thread, keep all the ideas and stuff about wuxia, but move to a new world so that we will not be limited by history and other factors.

Please consider that there are both pros and cons to each idea.

refer to: (as i already stated its just some ideas to toy around with)

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...postcount=3472

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...postcount=3471

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...postcount=3473

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...postcount=3449
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-11-06 at 01:00 PM.

I was also wondering, if it would be nicer to have some Gu Long style battles also, for JY his battles all seem to be full of action and fantistical powers but with Gu Long, they seem more to be battles of wits/personalities/psychology.

Link for Game #2 Character Profiles below.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16997
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-12-06 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    From the recent discussions of the Wuxia RPG #2 discussion thread it sounds like RPG #2 is going to end pretty soon. As the original creator of this game I'd like to ask you all for your opinions on what should be done to the 3rd RPG. Feel free to post ideas, opinions on the game, and rules that should be added.

Share your ideas on which era of China you want the RPG to take place in. Or do you want the 3rd RPG to take place in a new world (MysteriouX's idea). Modern world? Like I said before, feel free to post your ideas.
    i wouldn't mind a sequel but takes place towards the end of the ming dynasty.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Hey! I would like to participate in this.

Maybe a sequel to game #2 would be nice.

a sequel to game 2 would be hard for anyone who has not read the story as there will be many allusions made in the new rpg to rpg#2....so i encourage you guys to think carefully about that.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    a sequel to game 2 would be hard for anyone who has not read the story as there will be many allusions made in the new rpg to rpg#2....so i encourage you guys to think carefully about that.

We need to consider a lot of things for the next game. Especially for people who want to newly join in, we should give first consideration to them so they can imediately participate without having to catch up.

Its also why I suggest that one of the first posts in the game thread be a constantly updated summary of what is happening in the game. Someone should take the time to handle this. Lets say like we updated this every saturday of the week.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-12-06 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    We need to consider a lot of things for the next game. Especially for people who want to newly join in, we should give first consideration to them so they can imediately participate without having to catch up.

Its also why I suggest that one of the first posts in the game thread be a constantly updated summary of what is happening in the game. Someone should take the time to handle this. Lets say like we updated this every saturday of the week.
    no one has time for that responsibility nor want that responsibility...and even then, very few players actually care to read the ENTIRE rpg 2 game. and if the players did, even fewer remember what happened to other players' characters. anyhow, i'm not planning to be a part of the new rpg but i was only pointing out how difficult it would be to do a sequel to rpg 2. i will not stop it or encourage it, but i do wish for the new players to have fun in rpg 3...like i did in rpg 2.

and doing a sequel to rpg2 is very possible...but it'll be messy especially if most of the new players have no clue what happened in rpg2.
    Last edited by patricia n; 08-12-06 at 11:59 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

LOL actually I was thinking of taking that responsibility. With some help of course from you all. Like PMing me with some short summary of your latest posts. (Uhhh only for the next game, I am not going to do it for Game #2)

I also hope some players who left in the first and second games will return to play.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-12-06 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh
    Hey! I would like to participate in this.

Maybe a sequel to game #2 would be nice.

Well in anticipation of your participation in Game #3, I would like to say welcome. We are glad to have you aboard, we hope you enjoy your stay and will leave something of your happiness when you depart.

And please remember to put your trays in the right position and your seats straight up.

An economy that is countable? IE 1 gold ingot = 10 silver ingot = 100 shilings
    5 shilings = 1 sword?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Though I may not participate in RPG #3, I'd just like to suggest that RPG #3 should have the same set of rules as RPG #2.

I sorta have this idea. What about redoing a novel? Like one of Jin Yong's works only we add our characters into it. Maybe help out any of the main characters, or change a few things in the novel? I don't know... I think it seems a bit complicated, but it's an idea.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

GURPS!!!

External Strength
    Internal Strength
    Endurance (Stamina, poison and physical)
    Looks
    Intelligence
    Agility/Qing Gong

A cap of 10 for each stat. And 35-40 points to spend on the stats.

E.g.

Guo Jing

External Strength 8
    Internal Strength 10
    Endurance (Stamina, poison and physical) 9
    Looks 2
    Intelligence 2
    Agility/Qing Gong 9
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Default Storyline

Hi all,

I guess the most important thing for RPG 3 is to have a cut off time for submission of new characters, a grouping of good and bad guys, love triangles relationship and storyline. A balance needs to be achieved. To be decided by the originator.

The storyline can be simple as there will be various authors submitting the posts. But the originator must clearly define the plot so that the rest of us will not sidetracked.

The fighting sequences and judgement of power or comparison of martial arts can leave it up to the participants to write out. But same rule, try not to kill off the one's character before seeking permission. Can PM the other party.

Of cos, everything must have last episope. Stick that to 40 or 50 episope. After that have a climax battle then the originator will decide the ending...

A Final-Fantasy style RPG. anyone up for it?
    ..ext88

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think we should stick to most of what's in Wuxia RPG #2 but this time I would like to add some rules.

1) No bringing people from another era into the time period of which the RPG is taking place.
    for example: don't bring lhc 300 years back into the past

2) Please don't make your character Great-level! I realized that in the previous RPG 90% of the characters were either close-to-great level or great level. And most of these characters were in their twenties. C'mon...make it more realistic...be more creative. Please don't reply to me by saying 'but DY this...but XZ that...'

more rules will be added if needed.

Here's what I've decided on...

Setting: Sung dynasty - five years after DGSD
    Important Figures in wulin:

Duan Yu - king of Dali (completely mastered 6MSJ) [note that we are going by the 2nd edition of the novel so WYY is in love with Duan]
    Xu Zhu - husband of princess of Xi Xia
    Duan YanQing - one and only remaining evil
    Ding ChunQiu - leader of SingChuk Pai (still controlled by Xu Zhu because of the Life/Death talisman poison)

Plot:

as usual...someone evil and powerful pops up and characters must work together to destroy him

What do you guys think?

PS: Who would like the idea of XF still being alive? Like: XF fell on a tree which broke his fall.

and also...if your character plays an important part, don't just drop off the face of the earth and leave us all hanging.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D
    and also...if your character plays an important part, don't just drop off the face of the earth and leave us all hanging.
    That sounds like me...

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D
    The term for this, is officially known among the RPG players as "pulling a Szema Fei."

But then the term can also refer to subsequent reactions by the other players of killing that particular character in the harshest way possible.