Thread: Dragon Tiger Gate

Default Dragon Tiger Gate

Seen about 30min of it, pretty phat !
    The actress DJ is from some series called endl4ess love or something...

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Seen about 30min of it, pretty phat !
    The actress DJ is from some series called endl4ess love or something...
    storyline isn't that great....Hero/House of Flying Dagger/Crouching Tiger had a better storyline...but i like the fight scenes for this movie.

Hero = Jet Li against Donnie Yen...that was one of the best fight scene for me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    storyline isn't that great....Hero/House of Flying Dagger/Crouching Tiger had a better storyline...but i like the fight scenes for this movie.

Hero = Jet Li against Donnie Yen...that was one of the best fight scene for me.
    hero is a silly movie that tries to trick westerners by confusing them with random stuff

aha .. finally someone created this thread .... thanx Crazy for the subtitle .. it works perfectly ...

and I agreed with you that the storyline is just a normal one .. nothing so special. The movies you mentioned obviously have better storyline of course... But, yeah, the fighting scene was good, esp. combined with the background music ... these made the movie interesting to watch ...

The ending fight was excellent the guy in the mask shouldve pew pew pew and killed all three of them. He was the awesomest, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by vions
    aha .. finally someone created this thread .... thanx Crazy for the subtitle .. it works perfectly ...

and I agreed with you that the storyline is just a normal one .. nothing so special. The movies you mentioned obviously have better storyline of course... But, yeah, the fighting scene was good, esp. combined with the background music ... these made the movie interesting to watch ...
    too bad these kind movie comes out once in a while. fearless is out...but most of you guys could rent at the video store with english sub or watch it on threatre nationwide in the US.

This show's overhyped with lots of CGI fighting and wireworks which Donnie swears did not happen. That's BS when Donnie's char used Sheng Long Si Ba Jan in fights and bodies fly all over the place ala Kungfu Hustle. Donnie was running perpendicular from one pillar to another. BS martial arts altogether.

If anyone wants to see proper martial arts then Fearless is much better. Even the fighting in SPL is much more realistic than this DTG crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    This show's overhyped with lots of CGI fighting and wireworks which Donnie swears did not happen. That's BS when Donnie's char used Sheng Long Si Ba Jan in fights and bodies fly all over the place ala Kungfu Hustle. Donnie was running perpendicular from one pillar to another. BS martial arts altogether.

If anyone wants to see proper martial arts then Fearless is much better. Even the fighting in SPL is much more realistic than this DTG crap.
    I don't think that Dragon Tiger gate can be filmed without all the CGIs... in the comic, all the martial arts are skills like 9 yang shen gong, 18 Dragon Palms, Golden Bell skill, Yi Jing Jing, etc... quite different from Fearless, where there is only Huo's Mi Zong Fists, karate... all realistic gongfu...

Problem was Donnie made promises of real kungfu when promoting that movie. Ended up the fighting was so faked made Tony Ja looked real.l

Quote Originally Posted by nie_feng2002
    I don't think that Dragon Tiger gate can be filmed without all the CGIs... in the comic, all the martial arts are skills like 9 yang shen gong, 18 Dragon Palms, Golden Bell skill, Yi Jing Jing, etc... quite different from Fearless, where there is only Huo's Mi Zong Fists, karate... all realistic gongfu...

I thought it was.. pretty boring. The last fight was okay, they even had Louis Koo did the voice acting.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i thot the final fight scene was pretty anti-climatic. and too much CGI makes it a lil too comically (i suppose its to be expected since it is based on a comic).

Too much special effects + very little story = so so movie. It didn't hook me since I know nothing of the comic book. I think this movie was made for the fans only.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Too much special effects + very little story = so so movie. It didn't hook me since I know nothing of the comic book. I think this movie was made for the fans only.
    Not even. The fight scenes were weak and Shibumi was a joke.

i think there was too much of donnie yen moping around and showing his wingspan. i don't know anything about the comics so i was just in it for the action sequences.