Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    - Who was the man that sang Ah ah ah ah ah in the song? John or Paul?
    That was John Lennon. The melody of this part of the song was later borrowed by Deep Purple for their song "Hush."

- What are the parts written by Paul?
    Paul McCartney wrote the part of the song that had the lyrics:

Woke up, got out of bed.
    Dragged a comb across my head.
    Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,
    And looking up, I noticed I was late.
    Found my coat and grabbed my hat.
    Made the bus in seconds flat.
    Found my way upstairs and had a smoke.
    Somebody spoke and I went into a dream.

What happened with "A Day in the Life" was that John Lennon had written the beginning and ending of a song, but had no middle for it. Paul McCartney had written the middle of a song, but had no beginning or ending for it. In the end, it was decided to fuse the parts that they had into one song, which became "A Day in the Life" as we know it.

It was McCartney's idea to join the two sections of the song with the 24-bar glissando played by a 90-piece orchestra.

So the Ah ah ah part was Paul's but sung by John? And the 2 parts with madly formidable sounds played by an orchestra were also created by Paul?
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,
    I hope some day you will join us, and the world will be as one!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    So the Ah ah ah part was Paul's but sung by John?
    The "ahs" were probably something that Lennon innovated during the recording process. I haven't been able to find any discussion on the origins of that particular part of the song. It seems to belong more to Lennon's "I heard the news today, oh boy..." part than to McCartney's "Woke up, fell out of bed" part.

And the 2 parts with madly formidable sounds played by an orchestra were also created by Paul?
    Yep. Sir Paul conceived the idea, but it was up to George Martin (the Beatles' producer) to come up with the arrangement to get it recorded. The orchestra members were stunned when McCartney and Martin instructed them on what to play. To the classically trained musicians, what the Beatles and their producer were asking for was completely crazy. Nobody had ever deliberately played or recorded such a thing with an orchestra before. It made no sense to them.

But that's what made the Beatles cool; they did stuff nobody else even thought of doing.

The remastered Beatles CD catalog is making its global debut on 9/9/09. Who's going to be buying these?

I obviously will. Word is that it's a substantial upgrade in sound quality over the 1987 CDs, which were made when digital music technology was still in its relative infancy.

Hey guys, I just want to post here about a singer I really admire. Her name is Sabrina Batshon - she's a beatles fan, and you can hear her singing "HELP!" her rendition is the best I've heard of this song, so please do check her out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weNqKXVqhUE

Just follow the link to hear her amazing voice

Banned

hi there...

the Beatles are my favorite band. Their music can get a little unnormal, but that's what I love about them. Mostly their late 60's and early 60's music and just some of their early 70's music. The Beatles are better than the Disney music, you have to agree with that. They were just so original, and their music makes sense.

So Ken, did ya go out and buy this yet?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ogakira/beatles-rock-band-xbox-sm.jpg')
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    So Ken, did ya go out and buy this yet?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ogakira/beatles-rock-band-xbox-sm.jpg')
    I didn't. As cool as the game is, I don't own a Wii or an XBox, so buying the game would have meant spending hundreds of dollars to get the entire setup. That's more than I want to spend on a video game right now. Besides, I can play the game for free at Best Buy.

I did, however, get the stereo boxed set of all the remastered CDs. That was expensive too, but was well worth it.