Thread: LOCH 82 - HL18 Palms

Default LOCH 82 - HL18 Palms

A while back, Ken mentioned the usage of the same stock footage of Felix Wong Yat Wah peforming HL18 Palms in LOCH '82. A friend of mine sent me a link to youtube.com last night with a clip of it. Go and check it out.

Mind providing a link?

Would I be showing my ultra-LOCH '82 geekdom if I pointed out that that particular piece of Felix/Gwok Jing Hong Lung 18 Palms footage was used precisely 18 times in LOCH '82?

That is ultimate geekdom, considering I can recite lines from the show and I have no idea how many times this footage was shown...

Go to youtube and search Legend of the Condor Hero.. there are clips of other versions of LOCH as well as ROCH.

cool!!! will do when i have time to burn
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by shadow8899
    That is ultimate geekdom, considering I can recite lines from the show and I have no idea how many times this footage was shown...
    I'll do you one geekier and list the episode numbers and scenes in which the footage appeared. I actually remembered one more that I had forgotten, bringing the total number of occassions the footage was used in LOCH '82 to 19.

1. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 3: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to drive off Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, and Ling Tze Seung Yan.

2. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 3: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to break through the wall of Mui Chiu Fung's training chamber (where he, Hung 7 Gung, Wong Yung, Princess Hua Jeng, and Prince Tolui had been trapped by Yeung Hong, Au Yeung Hak, and Mui Chiu Fung).

3. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 6: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to knock down an attacking Leung Tze Yung.

4. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 11: Gwok Jing practices the Hong Lung 18 Palms inside Chow Bak Tung's cave on Peach Blossom Island, preparing for his "betrothal duel" against Au Yeung Hak.

5. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 12: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to create an entrance into Wong Yerk See's secret ice chamber, where he and Wong Yung flee to avoid Au Yeung Fung.

6. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 17: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to counterattack Au Yeung Fung. Gwok Jing is dazed by the recoil force of the impact, but not seriously hurt.

7. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 18: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to counterattack Au Yeung Fung again. This time, the Ha Mo Gung recoil plus Yeung Hong's dagger seriously injure Gwok Jing.

8. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 3: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to help the Cheun Jen 6 Disciples drive off an attacking Kau Cheen Yan.

9. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 3: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms against Yau Chui Gei to escape Yau's "protective custody" at Chung Yeung Temple.

10. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 3: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to knock down Elder Gan and a squad of attacking beggars (who were being manipulated by Yeung Hong and Elder Pang).

11. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 4: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to block Kau Cheen Yan's Iron Palm after Kau injures Wong Yung.

12. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 4: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms in an unsuccessful attempt to break down the wall of the Iron Palm Union's ice chamber.

13. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 4: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to deflect a boulder that was installed as part of a trap inside the Iron Palm Union's ice chamber.

14. LOCH 82, Part 3, Episode 5: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to open an escape route from the Iron Palm Union's ice chamber.

15. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 5: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to kill several Iron Palm Union members blocking his and Wong Yung's way out of Ying Goo's house.

16. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 6: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to defeat the Fisherman (disciple of 1 Deng).

17. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 6: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to counterattack all four of 1 Deng's disciples simultaneously, but 1 Deng himself counters Gwok Jing's strike.

18. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 9: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to scare away two Iron Palm Union warriors.

19. LOCH '82, Part 3, Episode 17: Gwok Jing uses Hong Lung 18 Palms in an angry attack that manages to stun even Au Yeung Fung after Gwok Jing witnesses what he believes to have been Wong Yung's fall to her death.

Additionally, footage of Hung 7 Gung (Lau Dan) using the Hong Lung 18 Palms SFX was seen twice in LOCH '82:

1. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 2: Hung 7 Gung uses Hong Lung 18 Palms to save Gwok Jing from a (literally) bloodthirsty Leung Tze Yung.

2. LOCH '82, Part 2, Episode 4: Hung 7 Gung uses Hong Lung 18 Palms during a friendly sparring match against Wong Yerk See.

Hmm, I seemed to recall GJ using HL18Z, showing the standard footage, against HYS (I believe the first time they met) and was helplessly thrown back.

Is that just my imagination or are you not as geeky as you claimed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip
    Hmm, I seemed to recall GJ using HL18Z, showing the standard footage, against HYS (I believe the first time they met) and was helplessly thrown back.

Is that just my imagination or are you not as geeky as you claimed to be?
    I am as geeky as I claim. You're right that Gwok Jing performed very badly against Wong Yerk See in their first sparring match, but the SFX wasn't used. Hung 7 Gung, however, *did* get the SFX treatment when he used the Hong Lung 18 Palms about five minutes of screentime earlier.

Actually, I believe there are 2 different footages of HL18 Palms, there is the one that is shown in youtube and there is teh one where Wong Yat Wah does a "windmill" move with his arms...

Quote Originally Posted by shadow8899
    Actually, I believe there are 2 different footages of HL18 Palms, there is the one that is shown in youtube and there is teh one where Wong Yat Wah does a "windmill" move with his arms...
    They both come from the same source footage, but this particular excerpt is an abbreviated version. The full version includes the "windmill" arm action (which, interestingly, Tony Leung's Cheung Mo Gei also used in HSDS '86 for the scene where he uses his 9 Yeung Jen Ging/Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee power to open the door to the underground escape tunnel in the Ming Cult's Gwong Ming Peak headquarters).

This particular Felix/Gwok Jing footage was Item # 2 on my geeky list.

It was against OYF.

They showed the SFX and then Felix Wong got thrown back. All OYF did was to thrust his staff forward with both hands to block.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    It was against OYF.

They showed the SFX and then Felix Wong got thrown back. All OYF did was to thrust his staff forward with both hands to block.
    I think I found different footage on youtube than you did. I was talking about this one.