Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 再生缘! Li Bing Bing, Huang Hai Bing, Chen Long

Anyone have a direct link to the trailer? I'd like to see it.

My mom described to me the old Taiwan version and I've been fascinated by the story ever since. I'm so excited that there is another version out...I'm not touching TVB version, I don't think HK produces any decent period dramas nowadays.

I've checked out the Tigercool...umm...it has '6 discs,0 episodes' in Chinese? What does that mean? If anyone has the Tigercool version, please comment. I don't want to buy it from Tigercool without knowing if I get all episodes.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by FCsquibbles; 03-17-07 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Lien
    Yeah, I don't like how he married 3 women either. I also feel that his other half is Lijun. We'll see how it goes in this series. I'm around episode 24 now.
    I think you'll like the ending of this version much more, then.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Lien
    Yeah, I don't like how he married 3 women either. I also feel that his other half is Lijun. We'll see how it goes in this series. I'm around episode 24 now.

As for Chen Long being a villain, I don't really see his as a real baddie. It's sad that his friendship with Huang deteriorated but his actions can definitely be redeemable.
    Well, this was mentioned in the 1st page, the original writer was a woman...one who I don't think would want her female lead to share a husband with 2 other women. Unfortunately, the writer died before the novel was finished, and was completed by a different writer (someone who obviously agreed with polygamous marriages). It's stupid really, because it totally defeats the purpose of Meng Li Jun's strive for equality. I guess the 2nd writer didn't really pick the main theme of the novel.

Umm...Chen Long looks very unrefineds to me. Even when dressed in court regalia ofa royal duke, he looks like a ruffian from the slums...CL needs to work on his aristocratic charisma.

I'm still waiting for my DVDs from Tigercool...they're so slow now after being shut down for a period of time! It used to take them 3-4 days to send me stuff.

I've seen some bits and pieces though, generally, I'm very impressed with the quality of the political intrigues. I expected all drama and maybe a few attempts at poetry, but they really made an attempt to make this smart. Although, Meng Li Jun did tend to repeat herself, theme wise, when instructing the emperor about the wisdom of life e.g. people/objects shine best in hardship.

Huang Hai Bing as Huang Fu Xiao Hua is a disappointment because he's really not very complex. The typical loving, doting, loyal, capable hero. Very much like his character in Ping Zhong Xia Ying, although, I liked his character in PZXY more because there was always a layer of unpredicability.

I love Gao Xin as the emperor. What haven't I been watching? How have I missed such an amazing actor. GX just oozes charisma as a ruler. It's so refreshing to see an emperor being portrayed as something other than stupid and weak. Given, we still see a measure of helplessness in the emperor sometimes, but GX deals with this so well as to convert the helplessness into just another hardship he needs to face as an emperor, and an imperfection that makes him all the more human. Anyway, he couldn't really help it if the whole court disagreed with him...in trying to do the right thing by everyone, he frequently had to give into the mass. Although, if I were him, following Liu Guo Kou (Suen Xing)'s death, I would've blasted or insinuated the court for being such 'sheep' during the culprit's power days...taking the control of the court is important, if you didn't want another potential power to rise and shift the power influence again. Maybe the emperor could've freaked them out a bit with the mention of Russian court practices - where the Czar could execute the whole court in one go if they all displeased him, heck, eliminating the sole heir to the throne based on royal offense was not unheard of either.

Yeah, the ending was lovely.

This is naughty to make a double post...but his thread ain't moving.

I'm trying to find the name and/or singer of the theme opening song. Anyone know?

Do you know Lady Zhuge?

Quote Originally Posted by FCsquibbles
    This is naughty to make a double post...but his thread ain't moving.

I'm trying to find the name and/or singer of the theme opening song. Anyone know?

Do you know Lady Zhuge?
    It's called "Piao" ( 飘 ) by Wu Ying Zi.

Opening song clip: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7Sp9BWb1Xxs/
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Warning Spoilers:

I do like this version better than TVB. It is more dramatic.

I am starting to watch this and went to daddicts to download from china drama and search.

Suen Xing being a villan was great and his children being opposite of him until the middle and end for CL turning cunningwas also great. CL becoming a bad guy was not that bad because, his father was killed and he blames the court and LBB.

I wonder if LBB was the emporer's childhood sweetheart. That is why he also fell in love with LBB because...also...they see the same monk for guidance since they were young.

I could not believe that LBBs maids has 2 roles in this series.

lol is china taking a TVB idea? this is eternal happiness right?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

No, China is NOT taking a TVB idea. The story of "Zai Sheng Yuan" is a famous and classic Chinese story(that is one of my mom's most favorite novels of all time) that had been adapted many times before. THere was also an old Taiwanese version back in the 80s as well. THe story was not TVB's idea at all, they just took the names of the characters from the novel and butchered the actual story. I am sure there were probably other versions made that we don't know about.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Warning Spoilers!!!

Just finished seeing the whole series. It was great.

I was surprised by a few stuff in the series:
    *that the old judge LBB father-in-law knew all along that he was a she even he married his daughter off to LBB.
    *it was just unfair that GX had to find out LBB was a girl until the end of the series - I thought maybe the director would elaborate more on LBB & GX relationship. I would have liked to see more interaction of LBB & GX when finding out he was a she ... he did suspect it a few times - like when LBB got nominated into becoimng a judge (jong yuen) when LBB was put in jail GX felt guilty. GX also did find himself be attracted and wanting to spend more time with LBB than with his wives. WHERE even HHB's sis 2nd concubine was jealous of them being together and knew that the emporer had LBB on his mind.
    *I was also surprise that CL did not die BUT I am glad because he was not all that bad. Even though he used the 1st concubine to get revenge for his father's death he really did love her till the end.

I do agree LBB & HHB do make a good pair. HBB was great with the fighting scenes and acting as hero saving girl (LBB & etc...) in distress ... BUT HBB acting was not so great as the emperor (GX.) I am glad HHB and LBB end up together in the end.

LBB & GX do also make a great pair. It is funny that GX & LBB spent more time with each other than with their lovers. I was right LBB WAS GX's first love & childhood sweetheart. BECAUSE of the poem she recited when leaving then GX knew that LBB knew the old monk and from there it happens. I am glad that when LBB wanted to leave her position and the knigdom when she told GX it did sound like she did like him as a lover not as a brother or sister and you can see it in her face. BUT since she met HHB 1st too bad. AGAIN I am disappointed that the director and writers had to put GX finding out LBB was a she than at the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    It's called "Piao" ( 飘 ) by Wu Ying Zi.

Opening song clip: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7Sp9BWb1Xxs/
    Thanks Lady Zhuge! I love the song!

lol is china taking a TVB idea? this is eternal happiness right?
    One of the reasons why I don't watch HK dramas anymore, they don't have much originality. When they do make adaptions, it's either copy the novel word for word (which gets a hooray from the purists I suppose) or unbelievable changes are made. That's why my 1st thought would not usually be if someone has copied a HK drama, rather, the other way around. Yes, I sound critical of HK, but if you look at HK dramas in comparisan to Mainland China dramas, you'll know what I mean. I'm from HK myself, so it's certainly not from being biased.

that the old judge LBB father-in-law knew all along that he was a she even he married his daughter off to LBB.
    I was surprised by that too. I was so sure that the old PM didn't know, but he did...crafty old wolf he is. It also accounted for LBB wanting to stay by the emperor's side too. I think if it was not for old PM's dying wishes (which I thought was quite inconsiderate and demanding, considering he knew LBB was a female) it would've made LBB look bad to want to stay instead of leave with HHB. The scale would start to tip towards personal reasons for staying, instead of righteous ones. Can't have the heroine looking bad, can we?

MLJ may have had some feelings for the Emperor, but she'd never have stood for the fact he can just dump her for the next love. Look at how he treated Concubine Mei - sure, she was unscrupulous and scheming, but if he hadn't given up on her so quickly maybe she'd not have been that quick to turn against him. Then HFSH's sister - he pretty much just took her as a concubine and got tired of her novelty after meeting MLJ. MLJ may be the woman he loves most in his lifetime because of her looks and talents. She may even help him govern the country more wisely, but how long more before the pressure of the court rules regarding women in politics sets in, when she's viewed as a baby-making machine to propagate the royal line, when her son gets embroiled into the fight for the throne if she has one or if she is forced into neglect if she fails to produce an heir? And when her beauty fades, the Emperor always has the choice to pick from fertile beauties from all across the country, and her words of wisdom will become unwanted nagging. Sounds familiar? The storyline does not portray the Emperor as a steadfast lover as HFSH is. This is why MLJ chose HFSH. Because he stands true in time of adversity, even if she has to save the day sometime. She's allowed her autonomy and stands on equal terms with him. That is the secret to a successful relationship. The moment there is a power differential, it's destined to be doomed.
    Oligoneuron disease is incurable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss View Post
    MLJ may have had some feelings for the Emperor, but she'd never have stood for the fact he can just dump her for the next love. Look at how he treated Concubine Mei - sure, she was unscrupulous and scheming, but if he hadn't given up on her so quickly maybe she'd not have been that quick to turn against him. Then HFSH's sister - he pretty much just took her as a concubine and got tired of her novelty after meeting MLJ. MLJ may be the woman he loves most in his lifetime because of her looks and talents. She may even help him govern the country more wisely, but how long more before the pressure of the court rules regarding women in politics sets in, when she's viewed as a baby-making machine to propagate the royal line, when her son gets embroiled into the fight for the throne if she has one or if she is forced into neglect if she fails to produce an heir? And when her beauty fades, the Emperor always has the choice to pick from fertile beauties from all across the country, and her words of wisdom will become unwanted nagging. Sounds familiar? The storyline does not portray the Emperor as a steadfast lover as HFSH is. This is why MLJ chose HFSH. Because he stands true in time of adversity, even if she has to save the day sometime. She's allowed her autonomy and stands on equal terms with him. That is the secret to a successful relationship. The moment there is a power differential, it's destined to be doomed.
    I totally agree with you on that. Overall, I enjoy this series a lot more than the TVB version.

Does anyone have the open and End songs of this drama?...or the ost would be great as well XD

Does anyone know if this series is out in Viet yet? Love the story of MLJ and also the actress LBB.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

btw could someone tell me, what is the title of this series in english?

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    btw could someone tell me, what is the title of this series in english?
    Unlike the TVB version, which is called "Eternal Happiness", this one doesn't have an official English title. However, according to Dramawiki, it's also known as "Another Lifetime of Fate - The Legend of Meng Li Jun."
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

thanx,where can i buy this series with the english subs?i had looked in yesasia,and they don't have with the English subs.

Does anyone know if this series is avaliable with Eng. subs anywhere?

Thanks!
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    Can someone please tell me the english title of this series and if possible the vietnamese title as well.

TIA.
    The English title is "Another Lifetime of Fate" and the tentative Viet title is "Tai Sinh Duyen" (similar meaning to the English title). The reason why I said it's tentative is because this series hasn't been dubbed in the U.S. yet- I'm currently making do w/ the voice-over version that was shown in Vietnam.

I have to say, this version has a more serious note to it than the TVB version. I definately feel like this MLJ passes off as being much smarter than the one protrayed by Michelle Ye.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

did ne1 notice tats several scenes were missing 4rm te series tats was advertised in te opening theme? like 4 example, te scene of MLJ walking by HFSH wif an umbrella & te scene of MLJ n Ying Xue praying in a temple 2gether (not separate).
    love,
    a fleeting feeling of happiness,
    a drowning feeling of serenity,
    a sorrowful feeling of pain

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Micheru View Post
    did ne1 notice tats several scenes were missing 4rm te series tats was advertised in te opening theme? like 4 example, te scene of MLJ walking by HFSH wif an umbrella & te scene of MLJ n Ying Xue praying in a temple 2gether (not separate).
    I thought I saw the scene with MLJ and YX praying in the temple together at the part where MLJ first came to the capital to test and stayed near the temple. YX was kneeling behind MLJ, so MLJ didn't see her, whearas YX didn't think the 'male' in front of her was MLJ.

Currently halfway through with this series, and I'm very impressed with LBB's acting- one of her best, IMO.
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 12-03-07 at 01:02 AM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)