ippo
    hikari no go
    prince of tenis (childish but cool)
    naruto (childish but cool)
    one piece
    hunter x hunter
    ranma 1/2
    maison ikkoku

there's alot more, anime is a huge industry and over the year they keep comming out with new ones, but those are semi old/new that are good.

Maria Sama Ga Miteru
    ^Its a shoujoai series. My first one too, and I found it a great, romantic series.

Saiunkoku Monogatari. I haven't seen this but the art looks pretty. Will try downloading this some time. When I have time.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6200

It's set somewhere in China...about a Chinese emperor and an impoverished noble girl who became his wife. It's kind of a reverse-harem sort of anime. Hence, my hesitation. But the art really looks good.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Maria Sama Ga Miteru
    ^Its a shoujoai series. My first one too, and I found it a great, romantic series.
    Love that one too. So as School Rumble.

I want to recommend Honey and Clover... or am I too late? he,he,he... I like it very much. the story, the graphic, the character.... now I want to see the 2nd HnC ... can't wait..
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Thank you very much for the recommendations everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bittersweet
    yo!...hehe
    its been quite a while huh botan? i agree with linghuchong. i've just finish hantsuki and i thought it was great! some i think is good are Lamune, Canvas 2, and of course Hantsuki! maybe u've watched it before since u've watched alot more than i have but these anime might take awhile until u get hooked to it. by the way, i might sound stupid for saying this but i particularly choose an anime to watch for 2 reasons. 1-storyline of course and 2-animation. i really like the animation of Da Capo and Canvas 2 so if anyone knows any anime similar to it..maybe u could suggest some for me ARIGATOU! hehe
    Hey there bittersweet!!! Yes, it has been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Maria Sama Ga Miteru
    Shoujo ai??? What do you mean by a "shoujo ai" series?

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Saiunkoku Monogatari. I haven't seen this but the art looks pretty. Will try downloading this some time. When I have time.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...ime.php?id=6200

It's set somewhere in China...about a Chinese emperor and an impoverished noble girl who became his wife. It's kind of a reverse-harem sort of anime. Hence, my hesitation. But the art really looks good.
    I actually have already been watching this one. I've seen up to episode 19 or something now but I don't think I am going to continue it. I don't like the reverse harem thing, reminds me too much of Fushigi Yuugi. Plus, the story is dragging way too much and the characters aren't very unique. Have you gotten a chance to watch it yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

That literally means a girl x girl story. On the other hand, shounen ai is a boy x boy story.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

I am going to ramble about Death Note (anime), for the uneducated who has not heard of it before, check this out.

Death Note's anime started airing recently and I just watched the first episode. So far, the anime looks promising, great animation, dark tones to match the storyline and I like how the anime managed to flesh out how complex and twisted Raito's character is in the first episode.

The voice-acting for Raito is way too close to Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club (same seiyuu), it's hard for me not to think of Tamaki. But I do think this voice suits Raito currently, he's still a bored high school student at the moment with some grand ambitions. It will be interesting to see if his voice will gradually lose the childish tinge to suit his much darker character later on in the show.I am looking forward to the first appearance of L, his voice acting is *gasp* the same as Inu Yasha. I wonder how that will turn out since IY is such a spoiled arrogant brat while L is a genius.

Anyhow, do check the anime and manga out if anybody hasn't yet. The manga ended recently and it was absolutely fantastic, one of the best I've read in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I am going to ramble about Death Note (anime), for the uneducated who has not heard of it before, check this out.

Death Note's anime started airing recently and I just watched the first episode. So far, the anime looks promising, great animation, dark tones to match the storyline and I like how the anime managed to flesh out how complex and twisted Raito's character is in the first episode.

The voice-acting for Raito is way too close to Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club (same seiyuu), it's hard for me not to think of Tamaki. But I do think this voice suits Raito currently, he's still a bored high school student at the moment with some grand ambitions. It will be interesting to see if his voice will gradually lose the childish tinge to suit his much darker character later on in the show.I am looking forward to the first appearance of L, his voice acting is *gasp* the same as Inu Yasha. I wonder how that will turn out since IY is such a spoiled arrogant brat while L is a genius.

Anyhow, do check the anime and manga out if anybody hasn't yet. The manga ended recently and it was absolutely fantastic, one of the best I've read in recent years.
    Thanks for a review on this! I needed it

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    Sorry for my late reply. Yeah, its just what linghuchong has said. Its a girlxgirl series.

Yeah. I recommend Shuffle! Nice story. Loads of .. fanservice. Plus, this is a a-lot-of-girls love a guy story, and the guy managed to choose the girl with perfectly good reason. I dunno, I just like it.

Has everyone been keeping up with the One Piece manga lately? It is now the best manga that I have ever read! The anime is great as well!
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Why don't you try HANA KIMI? Graphics are nice and strory is very romantic. Believe me, you won't be bored.

If not, you can also try BECK. My brother, who doesn't like girly stuff, finishes the entirely series (well, I mean all the currently available volumes) in only 3 days. I didn't read it myself, but I trust my brother taste...

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

hmm..another recommendation from me is Nana....dunno whether anyone recommend it already or not, but it's good. the storyline's not bad, drawing's good...and i really like how the mangaka manage to twist the characters relationship together into one neat mesh.
    i haven't watch the anime yet, but i think it should be quite cool as well.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

For me, any of Mitsuru Adachi's works ... The following series are pretty good:

1. H2 (A popular baseball manga)
    2. Itsumo Misora (About some kids with supernatural powers)
    3. Katsu! (A manga on boxing)
    4. Niji Iro Togarashi (A story set in a parallel universe in a place similar to medieval Japan, about several siblings who have the same father but different mothers.)
    5. Touch (One of his earlier works and another popular baseball manga, with its own movie.)
    6. Crossgame (His latest manga and ... it's about baseball as well. It's only up till book 5 in Japan currently.)

From the manga that I've read, Adachi's works are generally slow in story progression and rather bittersweet in theme ...

I'm gonna reccomend a shoujo romance anime/manga "Bokura ga Ita". It is piece together very well, focusing on a simple high school romance but definitely has many great plot twists and realistic problems faced in relationships. Highly reccomend for anyone looking for a shoujo/romance/drama type series, or just about anyone looking for a good watch.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Anyone wants to try 'Battle Royale'? Warning, not for the faint of heart.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Anyone wants to try 'Battle Royale'? Warning, not for the faint of heart.
    yeah - the drawing's real graphic...i'ved only read like 3 volumes, then i had to stop...quite stressing for me.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Default try petshop of horrors!

Based on the popular horror manga by Akina Matsuri and published by Ohzora Shuppan, Petshop of Horrors is now an animated series. Produced by the famous animation studio, Madhouse, the stories tell of a quaint, yet mysterious Chinese petshop and its owner, Count D. Petshop of Horrors aired on the WoWoW cable network as a spring animation special during the month of March 1999. The series is an anthology with four different tales of horror centering around Count D's petshop located in Los Angeles' Chinatown. Count D is a very private man, who tends to his different unique and odd pets throughout the day. He helps people find "love" and "happiness" by selling them pets to take away their sorrows. Each person is given explicit instructions for the care and maintenance of his or her pet which must be followed precisely. If the purchaser fails to follow these instructions, the petshop assumes no liability for what may occur and the purchaser must suffer all the consequences. Suffice to say, that purchasing a pet from Count D's petshop will most likely result in an untimely demise.

Leon, an LAPD investigator, first learns of the odd pets in the first Petshop of Horrors episode, "Daughter", which tells of a couple who have lost their daughter and are looking for a pet to take her place. Count D relieves their loss with a rabbit who looks just like their daughter, Alice. He tells them to do the following: feed her only water and fresh vegetables, never let anyone else see her, and light special incense everyday. The couple agrees and signs the contract with Count D and the petshop.

The second episode, "Delicious", tells of Ian, a widower, whose new bride plunged to her death from the oceanliner they were married on because of a misunderstanding. Ian grieves for his bride Evangeline, who is also a famous singer, as he goes to visit Count D for a pet to ease his pain. Count D has the answer, a fish, but this is no ordinary fish. Count D shows Ian a beautiful fish, the likes of which Ian has never seen. Ian agrees to the contract and brings the fish home. What mysteries does this particular pet hold?

The third installment, "Despair", weaves the tale of an actor, Robin Hendricks, who becomes famous for his role as a ghost prince at the age of nineteen. Unfortunately, he has been unable to get any other roles that are more convincing than that one. Distraught, Robin goes to Count D to purchase a pet. Robin had cared for pets on occasion, but asked Count D for a special creature. After Robin loses yet another acting job, he decides that there is no reason to live and his new pet may help his sorrow. Leon finds he must get more information out from the mysterious recluse, Count D, and finds out the Count likes sweet pastries. With this ammo, Leon finds out a little more about what happened.

The final story, "Dual", tells the story of a presidential candidate, Roger Stanford, who is a charismatic, all-american man running for the position of the President of the United States. Roger is friends with Kerry Vincent, his campaign manager and long-time best friend since childhood. Roger and Kerry have been close friends since grade school. Roger was always the popular one and the one who was loved by all. Kerry, on the other hand, was always in his shadow, the quiet, intelligent guy who never got any recognition. In between, the two men is their mutual friend, Nancy Grayson, who is the fiancee of Roger and is loved from afar by Kerry. Kerry does not believe that Nancy is happy with Roger and wishes he were in Roger's shoes to give Nancy the love and attention she deserves. With the presidential campaign going on, Kerry does not have the time to spend with Nancy and begins to take her for granted. The two men go to Count D's petshop in search of a pet that will bring good luck to the oncoming election. Count D provides the men with a little chinese girl. What secret this little girl holds is only answered later in the episode and the effects are not at all expected.

This author enjoys stories that remind her of the original Twilight Zone episodes where most of the characters in the episode end up in an odd predicament. Count D is so mysterious and beautiful, but that makes him strangely likable. The character designs are well done and add a very modern, eclectic look.

The beautiful art and animation add to this already unique and bizarre series done by Madhouse, which is famous for anime such as Ghost in the Shell. The music is foreboding and dark, much like the main character Count D. Seki Tomokazu (Kamui in X) does a wonderful job as the effeminate, mysterious petshop owner, who seems to have no remorse for his customers' demises. This series is really weird to the average fan, but there are many interesting fantastical stories that make the viewer sympathize with the petshop customers. This fanciful series is sadly only four volumes, all of which TBS/Polygram has already released. For fans who like horror anime such as Vampire Princess Miyu or the live-action television show, "Friday the 13th, the Series," Petshop of Horrors is definitely one to check out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnoFrGOI80c
    being loved by someone gives you strength; while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

Koukou debut is a MUST for all those who like to read romantic & humourous stuff!!

Here are a few good animes that involves a lot of physical combat, similar to that of Dragon Ball Z. So therefore there's going to be a lot of fighting going on.

Hunter X Hunter
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    The Law of Ueki
    B't X
    S-scy-ed
    Kiba

Other from these animes there is also another anime that I think could entertain you guys.

Death Note - about a notebook that could kill people whose names are written in it
    Last edited by Arcane; 12-27-06 at 11:32 PM.