Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joo Mong

Default Joo Mong

On 8/11, MBC announces that the historical drama “Joo Mong” has been exported to Japan, China, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Thailand (일본, 중국, 필리핀, 싱가포르, 홍콩, 태국). MBC is also planning to export the drama to Vietnam and Taiwan.

Park Jae Bok (박재복), the assistant manager of MBC Overseas Business Team, states, “After the broadcasting of ‘Dae Jang Geum’ wrapped up, we signed export contracts with many countries totaling around 10 billion Won. Now, even in the middle of the broadcasting of ‘Joo Mong”, we have signed export contracts up to 3 billion Won. In this speed, the total income of exporting ‘Joo Mong’ may exceed that of ‘Dae Jang Geum’.” In Japan, ‘Joo Mong’ will be aired by KNTV, the satellite channel of Fuji TV. In June, the news media of Brazil, Slovenia, Czech, and Egypt (브라질, 슬로베니아, 체코, 이집트) visited the filming site of “Joo Mong” and introduced the drama via news coverage.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.h...08111103101110

Default The Book of Han: The Chapter of Joo Mong (Han Hye Jin, Song Il Kook)

The Book of Han: The Chapter of Joo Mong (Han Hye Jin, Song Il Kook)aka Prince of Legend.

I haven't seen this drama yet. But I got the chance to listen to the OST and it's impressive and sounds epic making.

The clips that they do have on youtube, seems really cool. I wonder if anyone has pictures of the cast and the drama....would like to post it on here?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I had the chance to listen to the OST too and yes it's impressive!
    Glad to see that Singapore is one of the countries that have signed contracts for the drama, good for me

Default Ju Mong

Anyone watching this show and comments please?

A poorly made show. High ratings does not translate into high production quality. 95% fantasy and 5% history.

Rival shows can pass for movies(yup); this one doesn't.

Male lead looks really youthful and could pass for 22, even though he is 35..

Junior Member WhiteHairedMaiden's Avatar

Im watching it and Jumong ROCKS. More ppl like it (love it, actually) than those that dont. And I mean ppl of all ages, but it's popular esp w/ women coz of the love story that's a part of it (guys like it coz of the fighting). I know of ppl that stayed up basically all night watching copies of the programme. It's one of the most creative, fun and exciting series made ever. It's certainly one of my faves.

Well no VCD/DVD of it released yet

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHairedMaiden
    Im watching it and Jumong ROCKS. More ppl like it (love it, actually) than those that dont. And I mean ppl of all ages, but it's popular esp w/ women coz of the love story that's a part of it (guys like it coz of the fighting). I know of ppl that stayed up basically all night watching copies of the programme. It's one of the most creative, fun and exciting series made ever. It's certainly one of my faves.

Not true about Singapore as it's now November and there's no sign of Jumong here.

Quote Originally Posted by anlene
    On 8/11, MBC announces that the historical drama “Joo Mong” has been exported to Japan, China, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Thailand (일본, 중국, 필리핀, 싱가포르, 홍콩, 태국). MBC is also planning to export the drama to Vietnam and Taiwan.

Park Jae Bok (박재복), the assistant manager of MBC Overseas Business Team, states, “After the broadcasting of ‘Dae Jang Geum’ wrapped up, we signed export contracts with many countries totaling around 10 billion Won. Now, even in the middle of the broadcasting of ‘Joo Mong”, we have signed export contracts up to 3 billion Won. In this speed, the total income of exporting ‘Joo Mong’ may exceed that of ‘Dae Jang Geum’.” In Japan, ‘Joo Mong’ will be aired by KNTV, the satellite channel of Fuji TV. In June, the news media of Brazil, Slovenia, Czech, and Egypt (브라질, 슬로베니아, 체코, 이집트) visited the filming site of “Joo Mong” and introduced the drama via news coverage.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.h...08111103101110

The article was from Korean paper so should be reliable about Singapore buying it but when we will get to see it, that depends, as you know Singapore is known for keeping dramas for a long time unless it starts getting big in other parts of Asia and they have to air it fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Well no VCD/DVD of it released yet
    It will take time since it's still airing in Korea

But I heard DVD is coming out soon at yesasia or it's already out

Wat? SG thinks keep inside cupboard will lay gold eggs ar? Wait until Malaysia TV start showing first like what they did with ROCH06 and SG media content buyers still busy buying Desperate Housewives. And we still don't have Battlestar Galatica which is now in US 3rd season.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    The article was from Korean paper so should be reliable about Singapore buying it but when we will get to see it, that depends, as you know Singapore is known for keeping dramas for a long time unless it starts getting big in other parts of Asia and they have to air it fast lol

this drama is really exciting and good i recomend it if anyone hasn't have a chance to watch it.

Slick will be watching this series soon

i'm watching it and it's very good. if you like fighting type of dramas, this is for you. it's a good storyline and all as well. definitely watch it. it is a large scale drama, and the episodes are pending at 60. it might extend. soompi's thread about this drama is huge. but anyways, give it a try, it gets really good in my opinion after ep 2.

by the way, as far as i know, jumong is set to be released by yesasia around january of 2007. as for the airing, it is up to episode 51 in korea, and episode 41 in southern california.

currently, D-Fansubs are taking on this drama, and have released up to episode 21 in subs.

here's some more info on it.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.imbc.com/imbc/afieldfile/2006/04/18/1_p_06.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1474/releasebanner1final8vc.jpg')

Cast: Han Hye Jin (Romance, Be Strong Geum-soon), Song Il Kook (The Bodyguard, Emperor of the Sea, Art Of Seduction), Kim Seung Soo (My Sweetheart, My Darling; One Million Roses), Huh Joon Ho (Precious Family, All In, Hotelier), Kyun Mi Ri (A Farewell To Tears, Dae Jang Geum), Oh Yeon Soo (A Farewell To Tears, Second Proposal), Jun Kwang Ryul (Age of Heroes, Trap of Youth), Park Tam Hee (King Flower Shaman, Miss Mermaid), Jin Hee Kyung (Sad Love Story), Lee Jae Yong (Emperor of the Sea), Won Ki Joon, Im So Young, Park Nam Hyun, Lee Kye In (Mr. Duke), Ha Yong Jin

The story begins in 108 BC, during a time when Gojoseon (Old Joseon) finally succumbs to defeat after a long battle with the Han nation, a time when the remnants of an old empire must face their fate as a people without a nation and without voice, a time that calls for the rising of a people's hero.

It is during this calamitous time that a love blossoms and leads to the birth of Jumong (Song Il-Guk), who will be Buyeo's prince. He is soon persecuted by the greedy faction within the palace headed by the Queen (Gyeon Mi-Ri), who is consumed by jealousy, and the power-hungry royal advisor to the King (Lee Jae-Yong). Yet, through his trials and tribulations, and with the love of three women, the once weak and careless Jumong transforms into a hero and, as recorded in history, becomes the founding monarch of the kingdom of Goguryeo (2nd century BC - 688 AD). But a hero is not one without sacrifices, and this story details such losses, through the tears of Jumong's mother Lady Yoohwa (Oh Yeon-Su), as well the merchant girl Soseono (Han Hye-Jin), who is incessantly pursued by Jumong's greatest adversary and half-brother, Prince Daeso (Kim Seung-Su)...

production: 2006

episode: 60 (pending?)

synopsis:The Book of Three Han: The Chapter of Joo Mong" scheduled to be aired by MBC in May of 2006. SIK plays King Joo Mong, the founder of the Goguryeo Dynasty in 37 BC. HHJ plays the role Soh Suh No who is extremely intelligent and is Joo Mong (played by Song Il Kook)'s second wife. The PD of the drama is Lee Joo Hwan whose previous work was the drama "Miss Mermaid ". The production cost is around 30 billion Won. 70% of the filming will be in Korea while 30% will be in China.

for more info on Ju Mong: visit soompi

Hows the fighting choreography?

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Hows the fighting choreography?
    i would say it's pretty good for a korean production. you dont see any flying, and i believe there's no CGI's here. i enjoy the swordplay, because it seems very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    i would say it's pretty good for a korean production. you dont see any flying, and i believe there's no CGI's here. i enjoy the swordplay, because it seems very realistic.
    awww what I thought it was 90% fantasy, and with the fantasy genre there should be heaps of CGI

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    awww what I thought it was 90% fantasy, and with the fantasy genre there should be heaps of CGI
    i believe the reason most people deem it as fantasy is because of the fact that some part of history are altered to the writer's liking, and also the fact that there's sorcery involved to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    i believe the reason most people deem it as fantasy is because of the fact that some part of history are altered to the writer's liking, and also the fact that there's sorcery involved to an extent.
    I see... anyways I think it will be good anyways.
    There is already ubs with the version not from d-addicts, the original subs.