Thread: Take Care Your Highness Ft. Andy Lau and Maggie Siu

Default Take Care Your Highness Ft. Andy Lau and Maggie Siu

Has anyone watch this series before? I've never watched it before but I'm going to watch it soon. I never knew Maggie and Andy were in a series together.

What role does Maggie play? From her clothes on the cover, she doesn't look like she's Manchurian.

I think Sean Lau Ching Wan is also in this series, who else is in this series?

How did you like this series?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

The main casts are the Laus: Andy Lau, Carina Lau, and Sean Lau.
    Supporting casts are Har Yu, Paul Chin, and Maggie Shiu.

Maggie was cast as Princess Fragrant from Hui clan, and appeared in the last 5 eps (in fact, this is her first role in classical drama, in which she has dialogue). Her clan was considered enemy of Manchurian/Qing Dynasty. She was captured and presented as a gift to the King (Andy). Maggie's face is very chubby in this series.

This series is based on history of Hong Hei Emperor (King of Manchurian/Ching Dynasty) and Chan Ka Lok (head of struggling movement leader, the Red Flower Party). Both actually are born brothers but separated when they were babies. The main story is almost similar to "The Romance of Book and Sword" (Jing Yong), with additional storylines.

Enjoy it

I may be mistaken because there are heeps of series in my head right now that i can get things wrong... it's the one with carina being the concubine right? and andy was at first a playful emperor. i think i watched this series a few months ago, then stopped... i heard ppl recommended it years ago but when i finally got it the beginning sorta lost my attention. it's the same with "heir to the throne" and many oldies that i thought i once liked.

Default Emperor Qian Long

Zunjing de SPCNET.TV members,

This TV Series depicted the Emperor Qian Long from a young playful prince to a pretty matured Emperor with the sorrowful theme of putting the empire and your throne above everything else. This seems to be a very typical Emperor Qian Long story.

At the beginning, Emperor Qian Long truly loved a girl played by Carina Lau, and wanted to make her his wife. However, his father did not want him to be too lovesick, so there was an imperical edict marrying this girl to another man, who was good friends with Emperor Qian Long. Emperor Qian Long himself also had to marry a girl he did not love. This happened pretty early in the series, so for the remainder of the show, they have always been trying to get back together. This was impossible because he just could not duck all the responsibilities he had as an Emperor, just to be with her.

After realizing that there is nothing more he can do, Emperor Qian Long decided to just concentrate on state affairs. After a while, he was able to find solace in another beautiful concubine, the Fragrant Concubine. He would like to make her the new Empress. This was opposed by the major officials and the Empress Dowager since the Fragrant concubine was not a Manchurian. To make sure that Emperor would forget about her, the Empress Dowager poisoned her to death. So, at the end, Emperor Qian Long was left sitting alone on the throne.

Despite trying to have a good and interesting plot, this TV Series had so many flaws. The biggest one being the storyline, which made absolutely no sense most of the time. A lot of the scenes seemed really illogical! It is like whatever the director says goes. This was obviously a bad series for people who like reasonable storylines, and I would not recommend it for anyone.

Xie Xie,

who plays the second lady that Andy proposal to, the one that was poison, any picture of her?
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

I've only watched eps 1 & 2, so far it is OK but during that time TVB's series are pretty poor. plus all the main casts were raising stars ie: Andy Lau, Carina Lau, Sean Lau, Maggie Siu etc. I'm still not sure if I should continue watching this series.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*