Thread: ZBT's sad but happy life

Default ZBT's sad but happy life

Nearly finished watching the new ROCH. I'm up to the bit where ZBT finally goes to meet YG. I just realized how sad ZBT's life has been, but it never gets him down.

He's meeting with YG and their affair, than running away in shame. His "big brother" dies and entrusts him with 9 yin. He gets trapped on peach blossom island for years. Still feels ashamed about "stealing" YG from YD so avoids him, even though YD has forgiven him. He finds out he has a son at the same time that he finds out that his son was murdered. He finally makes peace with both YD and YG near the end of his life. And all through that he stays happy.

A remarkable fellow really.

I wonder how his son would have turned out if he lived?
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

I think ZBT is perhaps one of the several wuxia characters who care nothing about power and greed, he is carefree though there are sad memories he carry, but everyone carries something sad in their past.

It's a little difficult to try and explain his personality, well any personality for that matter, but well the best word to describe him is Carefree. probably.

TommyH
    Unregistered

When you said YG at first I thought you mean Yang Guo but then you said ZBT stole YG from YD I knew you meant Ying Goo.

Zhou Botong may be Jin Yong's most delightful, and in some ways touching, character. He never sought fame but had it anyway. He had a very strong sense of personal honor which made him reclusive. He secretly took disciple(s) but, except for Guo Jing, made the other(s) keep the fact secret. He was at his happiest when pulling tricks on other people (even on those he liked like XLN) or discovering someone with new (to him) martial arts. His reunion and reconciliation with Yideng and Yingu was one of the most touching scenes in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    His reunion and reconciliation with Yideng and Yingu was one of the most touching scenes in the books.
    I love that bit. When he bundles up all excited and immediatly asks about his son.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.