Thread: The pressure point on the head

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default The pressure point on the head

Based on a reply that I got from a thread of which I made a while ago I now understand that the pressure point on the head is the place which controls all of one's martial arts. When attacked at that spot, one's martial arts would all be gone.

So what exactly happens when tapped at that spot? Does one's internal power be gone completely and he/she'll have to start all over? Or is it still there (just that he/she can't use it?).
    Last edited by TommyH; 08-16-06 at 04:46 PM.

What about that pressure point on the head that is supposely your death spot (kills you instantly upon pressing on it)? Is that real, if yes, haha avoid head massages.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Is there any relationship between the Pressure point on the top of your head and the Crown Chakra in meditation?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Based on a reply that I got from a thread of which I made a while ago I now understand that the pressure point on the head is the place which controls all of one's martial arts. When attacked at that spot, one's martial arts would all be gone.

So what exactly happens when tapped at that spot? Does one's internal power be gone completely and he/she'll have to start all over? Or is it still there (just that he/she can't use it?).
    well, i'm assuming if someone injures ur head, your martial arts should be the least of ur worries...the stake of your life might be more important

btw, which pressure point is it anyways?
    the only one i hear mentioned a lot is tai yang (sun)...

A slight technicality here: The "pressure point on the head" that is usually referred to in wuxia stories is known as "Tian Ling Gai" 天灵盖. It is not a pressure point per se, but the "top of the head/skull". So basically, when someone gets struck very hard on the Tian Ling Gai, he either becomes severely injured or totally dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    What about that pressure point on the head that is supposely your death spot (kills you instantly upon pressing on it)? Is that real, if yes, haha avoid head massages.
    Another technicality: The "death spot" that is usually referred to in wuxia stories is known as the "Shan Zhong acupoint" 膻中穴. It is not located anywhere on the head, but on the chest instead, midway between the two nipples. However, I cannot tell whether a person would really die if he is struck on the Shan Zhong acupoint, or if this is just a figment of the fertile imaginations of wuxia authors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying
    the only one i hear mentioned a lot is tai yang (sun)...
    Final technicality: The "Tai Yang acupoints" 太阳穴 that are usually referred to in wuxia stories are not acupoints per se, but the temples on a person's face/head (i.e. the part beyond the outer corners of the eyes). However, there is actually a pair of acupoints known as the "Tai Yang acupoints" 太阳穴 on the ears (in the area where people usually wear earrings). However, these appear too minute to cause serious injuries if struck, unlike the temples of one's face/head.

HYS
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Is it the Shan Zhong point thats commonly used as the Death Point in wuxia? IIRC, its the Bai Hui point.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Is it the Shan Zhong point thats commonly used as the Death Point in wuxia? IIRC, its the Bai Hui point.
    Pardon the pun, but you do have a point. So far, I've only come across Shan Zhong (which is on the Ren Channel) being referred to as the Death Acupoint. But looking at the position of Bai Hui (on the Du Channel), it is likely that some writers might have called it the Death Acupoint too. Either way, two similarities remain:
    (1) Both the Shan Zhong and Bai Hui are located on key meridians, i.e. the Ren and Du Channels, the "clearing/unblocking" 打通 of which are considered crucial to the cultivation and development of internal strength at a very high/profound level in wuxia stories.
    (2) Shan Zhong is in the middle of the chest, while Bai Hui is somewhere on the top of the head (about 23cm or so above the posterior hairline), so if anyone is struck really hard in either of these places, he would be severely wounded or dead.
    Soon ... SOON!

Have to go check it up but I always had the impression that MRB and XYS were struck on the Bai Hui. Can't remember if the point was mentioned or just my imagination since they were hit on the head.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Well I said this before at the other thread. In adaptions when people say they're going to take away someone else's martial arts they'd aim at the head. What's with this? What does it exactly do? Does it eliminate all of one's internal energy?

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    Final technicality: The "Tai Yang acupoints" 太阳穴 that are usually referred to in wuxia stories are not acupoints per se, but the temples on a person's face/head (i.e. the part beyond the outer corners of the eyes). However, there is actually a pair of acupoints known as the "Tai Yang acupoints" 太阳穴 on the ears (in the area where people usually wear earrings). However, these appear too minute to cause serious injuries if struck, unlike the temples of one's face/head.

HYS
    what exactly is the difference between acupoint & temple?

this can be further complicated by the fact/theory that those who practice "tong zi gong" ("young boy's martial arts") or similar skills purposely train their bodies to be impenetrable at all acupoints except one, which is the individual's "death point". i only know of these through books/movies, so i don't know if it is factual.

tai-yang acupoint? i only know yin-tang near the eyebrow. "baihui" point i the point to lose martial arts? if commonly speak, baihui is one of the dan-tian of human body. enrgy flow in and out as well.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

A "temple" is a part of your face, just like "cheek", "forehead" and "chin".
    Rough illustration:

-> <o> <o> <-

Assuming that <o> <o> stand for eyes, etc, the two arrows, -> and <- , indicate where the temples are on your face.

---

Please refer to this example: http://www.flowofqi.com/charts/top.html
    Each labelled dot is called an "acupoint".

---
    HYS
    Soon ... SOON!

TommyH
    Unregistered

A "temple" is a part of your face, just like "cheek", "forehead" and "chin".
    Rough illustration:

-> <o> <o> <-

Assuming that <o> <o> stand for eyes, etc, the two arrows, -> and <- , indicate where the temples are on your face.

---

---
    HYS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that URL you provided there is only two accupoints placed at the top of the head. The Du 20 and Du 24. Which one is that one related to the "martial-art elimination" pressure-point?

Well I said this before at the other thread. In adaptions when people say they're going to take away someone else's martial arts they'd aim at the head. What's with this? What does it exactly do? Does it eliminate all of one's internal energy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that URL you provided there is only two accupoints placed at the top of the head. The Du 20 and Du 24. Which one is that one related to the "martial-art elimination" pressure-point?
    I was not talking about the "martial-art elimination" pressure-point.

I was simply answering Ren Ying Ying's question and attempting to show her the difference between the "temples" on a person's face and the "acupoints" on a person's body, i.e.:
    The picture was meant to be an example of "acupoints", i.e.:
    I could have used any picture/graphic of labelled acupoints on the human body, but I figured a picture of the head would be the least embarrassing.

HYS
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 09-22-06 at 03:52 AM.
    Soon ... SOON!