Thread: Is it true that directors ...?

Wink Is it true that directors ...?

Is it true that more directors are looking through stars who have a perfect body and face rather then their acting skills nowadays?
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 08-16-06 at 05:58 PM.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Probably some do...I don't know, they might have the idea that acting develops w/ time, but changing appearances would require plastic surgery.

I think that there definitely are directors that would concentrate on acting though...and there are people with good acting skills and a nice body/face.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

depends on the director really, i think you're thinking of singers where the company goes out and look for the best looking person they can find and rig their songs so it's good, so much of this packaging stuff happens in hk. It's so bad i stopped listening to hk music. I think there are directors who look for face, not much from what i see on tv.

Most audience(especially teens) look for good-looking actors/actresses before they watch a movie. The directors are just finding stars based on our demand. However.. of course not all of them does that. There are still many directors that believe good acting would satisfy the audience. So, no problem.. I guess. Plus, every single company would give acting lessons, and make them look good-looking/pretty before they "release" this "star" to the market. Popular or not depends on how the "star"'s luck and acting skills are.

Just like uhh.. Francis Ng. I think he's a great actor.. but what he's been deprived of is luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    Is it true that more directors are looking through stars who have a perfect body and face rather then their acting skills nowadays?
    Dunno about moofie directors, but that old gronk Zhang Ji Zhong wangbadang certainly does, he also has a fetish for CGI.

I'm talking about the average of the directors.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Depends on the film being made and the kind of role that must be played. I'd *really* question the judgment of a casting director who hired a handsome young teen idol to portray the title character in a film adaptation of THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA.

There was this episode of Arrested Development where they did just that. It became the young man and the beach or something to that effect.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.