Thread: 1 Deng's four disciples: who was the leader?

Default 1 Deng's four disciples: who was the leader?

From LOCH '82, I got the impression that of South Emperor 1 Deng's four disciples, the Fisherman was the leader. The other three (Woodsman, Farmer Mo 3 Tung, and Scholar Chu Tze Lau) seemed to follow his directives.

From ROCH '83, however, I got the impression that Chu Tze Lau was the leader...even though the Fisherman was still around (as was Mo 3 Tung; the Woodsman seemed to have disappeared, however). Just who was the leader among 1 Deng's disciples?

Surnamed Zhu had the best internal and the best mastery of Solitary Yang Finger of the 4. The water guy had the strongest body like Da Er Ba.

I think Zhu was the leader.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

uh... slightly off topic question... what were the names of the four desciples? I can only really recall Wu and Zhu

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    uh... slightly off topic question... what were the names of the four desciples? I can only really recall Wu and Zhu
    The names of the other two were never given. The Fisherman was just the Fisherman, and the Woodsman just the Woodsman. They definitely had real names, but Jin Yong did not bother to reveal them.

The Fisherman had the highest external arts while Zhu had the best internal/Solitary Yang Finger cultivation.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Interesting observations about the disciples' martial arts, guys, but what I really wanted to know was who was the leader of the disciples as in who held the highest rank/authority among them? Chu Tze Lau was Prime Minister under Emperor Deun Chi Hing before the emperor abdicated and became 1 Deng the Monk, but in LOCH, it seemed like all of the disciples (including Chu) were taking orders from the Fisherman. In ROCH, however, it seemed like everybody (including the Fisherman) was taking orders from Chu. Just who was in charge among the four of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The names of the other two were never given. The Fisherman was just the Fisherman, and the Woodsman just the Woodsman. They definitely had real names, but Jin Yong did not bother to reveal them.
    So what does 'Si Shui Yu Yin' mean? Is it just a pseudonym?