Thread: Were Ying Goo's martial arts somewhat similar to Little Dragon Girl's?

Default Were Ying Goo's martial arts somewhat similar to Little Dragon Girl's?

At one point in LOCH, Gwok Jing fought against Ying Goo. Although Gwok Jing was already a more powerful and skilled fighter than Ying Goo by that time, he nevertheless had some trouble fighting against her because her quick and stealthy moves made it very difficult for him to actually hit her.

That sounds *alot* like the basic idea behind Little Dragon Girl's martial arts (albeit far inferior). Was there a certain rough similarity between Ying Goo's fighting style and Little Dragon Girl's?

More like LBWB i would imagine...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    That sounds *alot* like the basic idea behind Little Dragon Girl's martial arts (albeit far inferior). Was there a certain rough similarity between Ying Goo's fighting style and Little Dragon Girl's?
    well, there should be some kind of similarity because XLN is the one who taught YG most of his martial arts.
    Last edited by hotohori_91; 08-18-06 at 01:12 PM.

Ying Goo, not Yang Guo. This was Emperor Duan's concubine.

She specialized in a martial art of dodging basically. I don't consider this to even be in the same league as XLN who specialized in speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    She specialized in a martial art of dodging basically. I don't consider this to even be in the same league as XLN who specialized in speed.
    Same league, no. Similar type, maybe? Little Dragon Girl's speed was more dodge than attack as well (except for that display at the Chung Yeung Temple).

I'd say XLN's speed is more like GO than anything. Remember, the basis of the lightness kungfu were things like being able to control a hundred birds and sleeping on a cord. XLN has pure lightness kungfu.

Ying Goo's "roach techniques" were of the scurrying evasion type.

I'd say XLN's speed is more like GO than anything.
    What do you mean by "GO" here, Chrono?

I think XLN only used dodging techniques because, for a large part of story, she was not more powerful than her opponent in terms of martial arts alone and had to resort to qing gong to get away.

I haven't read the bit in LoCH where GJ fights Ying Gu, but from YG's encounter with LMC, it sounds like Ying Gu only gets the upper hand because she attacked with abandon and was equipped with three truly brilliant stances courtesy HYS.

Ying Goo, not Yang Guo. This was Emperor Duan's concubine.
    oops! sorry! thats me reading too fast.

in that case, i would say that the only similarity between the two would be that they can both dodge attacks quite well.

YG reminds me of a slippery fish...while XLN...erhmm...*drools*...well lets just leave it at that....
    Still searching for my GuGu

Come to think of it (yes, nearly a year later), a Ying Goo vs. Little Dragon Girl (pre-Left/Right Hand Technique) would have an interesting fight to say the least. It would probably be the first fight in which both opponents depended more on quick dodging than on offensive strikes against each other.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

ying gu learnt martial arts from both king duan(later rev yideng) and zhuo butong. ying gu's accupoint sealing skills came from ZBT and guo jing saw the similarity. she created the rest of her skills through hard work, her loach manuvores were created after she watched loaches jump around in mud, her lightskill was very good, and she could avoid attacks just as her opponent's struck her. she created a accuipoint sealing skill from embriodary techniques. she created a weapon style using maths calculating sticks from ZBT's accupoint sealing skill.

her skills were similar to XLN because ancient tomb skills were created by three generation's of women, and had become yin and soft, and yinggu pratcised yin techniques to overcome yidang's yang style.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    her skills were similar to XLN because ancient tomb skills were created by three generation's of women, and had become yin and soft, and yinggu pratcised yin techniques to overcome yidang's yang style.
    The difference is that yinggu totally failed in comparison to Lin Chaoyin. Lin Chaoyin's arts are a legit threat to any of the Greats while yinggu was light years away even from the Iron Sword YG.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗