Thread: Yang Guo's internal energy

Default Yang Guo's internal energy

We all know Yin and Yang energies are not compatible. And in JY's world, only Bei Ming Zhen Chi and maybe Yi Ji Jing can incorporate all internal energy into one unified energy smoothly. The two handed Yang Guo had pure Yin energy, but when he lost that arm, he started to use pure Yang energy in his adventures. If Yin and Yang are not compatible, does that mean that YG's internal energy with the Heavy Iron(Osmium?) Sword onwards has nothing to do with his Ancient Tomb chi? What happened to that chi? Did his one armed training have a YJJ effect that makes his ancient tomb chi irrelevant?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    We all know Yin and Yang energies are not compatible. And in JY's world, only Bei Ming Zhen Chi and maybe Yi Ji Jing can incorporate all internal energy into one unified energy smoothly. The two handed Yang Guo had pure Yin energy, but when he lost that arm, he started to use pure Yang energy in his adventures. If Yin and Yang are not compatible, does that mean that YG's internal energy with the Heavy Iron(Osmium?) Sword onwards has nothing to do with his Ancient Tomb chi? What happened to that chi? Did his one armed training have a YJJ effect that makes his ancient tomb chi irrelevant?
    Implying that YJJ makes one's internal training useless?

And I am not sure whether YG used Yang energy in his HIS techniques. Yes, the force might be overbearing, but not necessarily yang, as yin can be powerful and menacingly tough too. His one-armed training and the snake gall bladders sort of multiplied his internal energy, but I'm not sure about the nature of his internal energy. He doesn't seem to use a fixed type. I don't link overbearing energy with yang, although that might be true, I'm sure there is a list of other factors that make an energy yang based.

He also knew 9 yin (we don't fully know how advanced it's internal energy techniques were). And we don't know the full extent of the snake bladder's power.
    Last edited by JigSta; 08-20-06 at 12:31 PM.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    He also knew 9 yin (we don't fully know how advanced it's internal energy techniques were). And we don't know the full extent of the snake bladder's power.
    YG learned most of his internal techniques from the tomb sect and not 9YIN because the 9YIN internal techniqes were only truly comprehensible when GJ got the sanskrit portion translated by Yiden's Indian monk. The 9yin in the tomb from WCY were most likely external techniques that can be used to defeat LCY's martial arts.

I think in wuxia, the whole idea/description involved with internal energy is highly...
    convuluted and illogical.

One moment a person could have overbearing or extremely forceful qi but it is not refined as someone elses. Or 20 years of cultivations vs 30 years, truely what is the difference? So 10 more years of cultivation but you're also 10 years older, so you have extremely refined qi but lower stamina.

Internal energy, blah blah blah, who wins is stronger. Lin Hu Chong beat fighters without any energy at all, ZWJ was almost invincible because of his internal energy.

To me it's just flavor for the readers and not something to be examined rigoursly.
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

It's not quite as illogical though as when 1 person is kicking the hell out of 3 people simultaneously in a straight up fight and the narrator says "in reality, the 1st person is much inferior at fighting, it's merely that her stances are unusual"... if person A and person B fight and person A wins and there are no extenuating factors like B being really tired or A's martial art being a direct counter, then you'd think by definition person A is stronger that day.

Where did those snakes come from anyway? A plane? Snakes on a plane!

I think it breaks the barriers of meridians in chi cultivation, just like YJJ. So anyone using the snake gallbladders no longer have "chi pressure points/meridians" and thus the chi flows freely everywhere, but because it is from those snakes, the chi is unrefined, like Samuel L. Jackson's tagline in the movie.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-22-06 at 01:25 AM. Reason: edited for language
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

And the only way to be more powerful than YG is to eat more gall bladders from more snakes
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-22-06 at 01:25 AM. Reason: edited for language

Tape, you can still say the same comments without the ** language.

Ehh that was an allusion to his little speech at the VMA awards where he says "...and the only way I'm not getting the movie of the year award is if i made another movie called MORE _______ snakes on more ________ planes"

I guess it's a bit too much here sorry.

Yea, too much snakes on a plane... Anywho. Do the gallbladders actually increase chi? If so, is YG's chi by the time he was using the HIS purely from gallbladders, since his Ancient Tomb chi is supposed to be incompatible. Or is it a mix, because the gallbladders increase chi AND unblock pressure points? Or do the gallbladders only unblock pressure points and therefore increase YG's chi at exponential rates?

Quote Originally Posted by tape
    Ehh that was an allusion to his little speech at the VMA awards where he says "...and the only way I'm not getting the movie of the year award is if i made another movie called MORE _______ snakes on more ________ planes"
    We know.

And it *is* funny.

It's just that the management requires us to keep things PG-13 here.

Heh ok just wanted to point out I wasn't being entirely vulgar for no reason

Banned

I think Yang Guo definitely has greater internal energy then the other greats, since, he only has one arm, yet could still beat the greats in fights.

The below passage proves it.........

杨过又谦了几句,气凝丹田,左手
    抚腰,仰首纵声长啸。这啸声初时清亮明澈,渐渐的越啸越响,有如雷声隐隐,突然间忽喇喇、轰隆隆一声急响, 正如半空中猛起个焦雷霹雳。郭襄耳中虽已塞了布片,仍然给响声震得心魂不定,花容失色。那忽喇喇、轰隆隆霹 雳般的声音一阵响似一阵,郭襄好似人在旷野,一个个焦雷在她身畔追打,心头说不出的惶恐惊惧,只盼杨过的啸 声赶快止歇,但焦雷阵阵,尽响个不停,突然间雷声中又夹着狂风之声。

杨过纵声长啸,过了一顿饭时分,非但没丝毫衰竭之象,反而气功愈来愈壮。一灯听得
    也不禁暗自佩服,虽觉他啸声过于霸道,使的不是纯阳正气,但自己当日盛年之时,却也无这等充沛的内力,此时年老力衰,自更不如;心想:

这位杨贤侄内力之刚猛强韧,实非当世任何高手所能及,不知他如何练来。

杨过随着神雕在海潮狂涛之中练功,一灯并不知情。

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually it's not true that yin and yang energy can't combine. look at the yin/yang symbol. the natural state of those two is to flow into the other and be one. each has a bit of the other. there are yin channels, yang chanels and neutral channels in the body. the du and ren channels are stated in ode to gallentry as the channels responsible to merge the yin qi and yang qi. some types of martial ats schools practice a style of inner strength that is based more on one type of qi, like emei is mainly yin based, shaolin is mainly yang based, and wudang and quanzhen is pure and balanced. but more of one type does not mean devoid of the other. there must be a mix of yin and yang. it's impossible to be without one type. yang guo studied mainly ancient tomb inner power which was yin based but equal to quanzhen's pure qi. he also studied 9yin inner power (lacking the sanskrit portion which was pure) which was deeper then quanzhen inner power but not as pure and leaning towards yin. YG's inner power was mainly yin till he ate the snake gallbladders. his inner power increased greatly but it was mainly unrefined. (he could't use the power for LDA strikes and his TZTSG lacked force when used). he had to train in the waterfall, plus against snowfall and later the south sea waves. he had reach the top level his previously learnt methods would allow so he thought hard to create new methods to train his inner power(stated in the novel). he might have gone over all of ancient tomb, quanzhen and 9yin inner power techniques and found a way to combine or improve the methods inside. after several years of research and with DGKB's external training method, his inner power had improved greatly and became yang and aggressive(possibly because of external training method).
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/