Thread: Over The Rainbow Review

Thumbs up Over The Rainbow Review

Title : Over The Rainbow.

Synopse : A story of four young men and women in the Korean music industry trying to make it big as singers.

Characters :
    - Kwon Hyuck Joo : Modeled after Bi(aka Rain), he is a troubled kid from a disadvantaged background moonlighting as a gangster while in highschool, until his faithful meeting with Jung Hee Soo who showed him the world of dancing. Thereafter, he becomes a backstage dancer for REX. But an onstage fight with REX over Jung Hee Soo drives him out of dancing world, so he tries to make a comeback as a singer.

- Jung Hee Soo : A New Zealander who runs away from home and comes to Korea to become a singer. initially a pure-hearted dance crazed girl, she loses her innocence and becomes darker as she gets used to the darker side of music industry, and uses men around her, including REX and Kwon Hyuck Joo, to become a star.

- REX : Modeled after Moon Hee Joon(of HOT fame), he is a typical idol superstar with a big ego and bad personality.

- Ma Sang Mi : A hardcore REX fan who got hit by REX's car while he was drunk. Using this opportunity, she becomes a singer trainee of REX's management company in hopes of becoming a signer herself. The only problem is that she is talentless and has a stage fright...

The Good :
    + This show is fast paced, as fast as Japanese dramas. Fans who hate dragging will love this show.
    + This drama feels like watching some kind of reality show. The behind the scene portrial of music industry is very authentic, too much so. The actors have clearly prepared for their roles, and their dancing scenes show.
    + This was supposed to be a high-profile project and features two of the hottest actresses in Korea right now, Kim Ok Bin and Seo Ji Hye.

The Bad :
    - The romance side of show is pretty weak.
    - The show is doing very poorly ratings wise, mostly because the main TV audiences are housewives.
    - Kim Ok Bin is kinda a public enermy in Korea right now after her dumb remarks in some interview. Other than that, her acting is fine.

Remarks :
    Strongly recommended for those sick of draggy tragic romances and shallow comedies....

I watched the first epi. and it was so so. Nothing really happened yet ... I guess because it's only the first epi!
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

This drama seems interesting enough to watch. Fun to watch the dance moves, if only I could be as agile and flexible. It sure takes determination and practice.

I like Sang Mi, Hyuk Joo and Rex. Hee Soo well, I liked her at the beginning but she's just lost trying to find her dream. I'm not far into the drama yet so I can't say much more about it, but will continue watching to see what happens next.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    I watched the first epi. and it was so so. Nothing really happened yet ... I guess because it's only the first epi!
    Now I'm getting addicted. Really much because it's diff. from other k-series, which gives it a little vibe .
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    Now I'm getting addicted. Really much because it's diff. from other k-series, which gives it a little vibe .

Haha...you know me too! I'm just sad that Rex (Hwanhee) will get brokenhearted at the end. Nevertheless, my prediction is that he'll finally be free to pursue his career and be a better singer without the director guy pulling his reigns and making him his money puppet and all thanks to Sang Mi for making him reevaluate his true desire and remember what he was like in the beginning. So he might not get the girl in the end but he'll be his true self in the end. Thats what I think will happen. I'm only at episode 12, waiting for the last 4 episodes to come.

But I do love the moments he is with Sang Mi, especially that cellphone scene and the karaoke scene so cute. Oh and that scene where Sang Mi is at his apartment and he pretends to come on to her and she's afraid and it turn out he was just teasing her. So cute!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Haha...you know me too! I'm just sad that Rex (Hwanhee) will get brokenhearted at the end. Nevertheless, my prediction is that he'll finally be free to pursue his career and be a better singer without the director guy pulling his reigns and making him his money puppet and all thanks to Sang Mi for making him reevaluate his true desire and remember what he was like in the beginning. So he might not get the girl in the end but he'll be his true self in the end. Thats what I think will happen. I'm only at episode 12, waiting for the last 4 episodes to come.

But I do love the moments he is with Sang Mi, especially that cellphone scene and the karaoke scene so cute. Oh and that scene where Sang Mi is at his apartment and he pretends to come on to her and she's afraid and it turn out he was just teasing her. So cute!
    Lol I'm only on epi. 5. Although I know how the drama is going to end, which is somehow disapointing for me. I wish there could be another way.
    -

Tommorrow - sung by Hwanhee

In the end,
    I was short of last few words
    I was short of last few steps
    And for that, I can't be your love

Everyday, It feels as though I'm going to die
    But not one day does my heart rest
    Not even once, does it let go of the yearning

Can you see all the tears I shed?
    Can you hear all the sighs I heave?
    I swallow and swallow again,
    But I can never hold them back,
    When will you ever look back to me?

Chorus
    Tomorrow, Tomorrow
    Will it be the day my heart reaches you?
    The words that I have not yet said,
    But the words that my heart writes everyday
    "I love you.. please, come to me"
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow...
    If only you can come over to my side,
    No matter how many tears I may shed,
    No matter how many sighs I may heave,
    I will wait for you, only for you...

Verse 2
    I trust that you'll look back someday
    I trust that you'll see my love
    If I wish for it again and again,
    It will come true,
    If not tomorrow,
    Then maybe the day after tomorrow

**Chorus**

Though another 10 tomorrows may go by,
    And another 1000 tomorrows may go by...
    It's because I love you and only you...

This is like the saddest moment for Rex. I feel so sad for him.

I wished Sang Mi's heart did not change and continued on being Rex's number one fan and love him back.

http://mmsmo.imbc.com/BbsRead.asp?Ev...PG=1&WH=&MODE=

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://mmsmo.imbc.com/upload/85/341/photo_341_1_1_no_126_6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://mmsmo.imbc.com/upload/85/341/photo_341_1_1_no_126_9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://mmsmo.imbc.com/upload/85/341/photo_341_1_1_no_126_10.jpg')

For more pictures go here: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/r...ery/index.html
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 11-17-06 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    This is like the saddest moment for Rex. I feel so sad for him.

I wished Sang Mi's heart did not change and continued on being Rex's number one fan and love him back.

http://mmsmo.imbc.com/BbsRead.asp?Ev...PG=1&WH=&MODE=

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://mmsmo.imbc.com/upload/85/341/photo_341_1_1_no_126_6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://mmsmo.imbc.com/upload/85/341/photo_341_1_1_no_126_9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://mmsmo.imbc.com/upload/85/341/photo_341_1_1_no_126_10.jpg')

For more pictures go here: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/r...ery/index.html
    I'm almost finish with this drama. Got 2 more to go, but I know the ending. I completely agree with you. I want Rex to end up with Sang Mi and the other two together. It would have fit more nicely IMO. Ohh well... the drama is still good. I'm crazy about Rex's song -- I need you, I want you .
    -

I've finished this drama over the weekend and I can say that it's one of the best in 2006. Although most of them are still new in the acting field, but you would notice that they did try giving their best. I agree it's a fast pace drama so I didn't feel bored at all. The story is very refreshing and the romance, yes, confusing but that is to be expected since all of them are still young. Like what Heok Joo said in the end that they've just walked 1/4 of their life, being only over 20, I guess.

I do like the ending, but I really would not mind if Sang Mi ends up with Rex. They just look good together. I am just happy that Rex was able to overcome his struggles and regain his strength, through Sang Mi's encouragement.

The last couple of episodes was particularly interesting. When all of them are becoming confused of their emotions, like Heok Joo getting back with Hee Soo when his mind is with Sang Mi and Sang Mi getting closer to Rex, but can't get Heok Joo off her mind and this worries Rex a lot. Hee Soo has noticed Heok Joo's effort in keeping their relationship like before, although like what she said "the fire is gone."

This is a must see to young people with the same aspirations. A lot of good lessons can be obtained from this beautiful series.

THIS IS Definitely a must-see Series...

I'm so addicted. I'm on my last episode. So far so good and so entertaining!
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

is it me but i noticed that most korean series that have low rating in KOREA, I ended up liking it more than one with high rating...Im surprised that this series has such low rating.

I only like the first half, esp. KOB dancing part!

Don't like the second half storyline.

Like the two new male cast n KOB!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewinter View Post
    I only like the first half, esp. KOB dancing part!

Don't like the second half storyline.

Like the two new male cast n KOB!

Aww you didn't like the Sang Mi and Rex parts? I did.

Wow, another series to add on to the top of my list..I really enjoyed this series..

This is the first series I feel it's too short. I wish there were more..
    It was very entertaining for me.

I do like the ending ...
    I do have to admit also that I was starting to fall for REX fro ep 13 going forward but i know that REX and Sang Mi weren't meant to be from the begining...

I like REX but I think Hye Joo is cuter...

I LIKE THIS DRAMA!

It was sad Rex and SangMi didn't end up together, i'm kinda disappointed with the ending. Although Hyuck Joo(He is such a RAIN lookalike!) is good but i like seeing Rex and SangMi poking fun at each other, SangMi lament on Rex saying he was a kid, the KTV scene! OMG, was so sweet and touching! Imagine ur idol singing to u! (Ok i'm dreaming~) Yes, and the handphone scene, hilarious, he threw to her when she kept refusing to accept it. haha! Oh yes, another scene at her house, he went in just like that after she unlocked the door, and that back hug, gosh~

haha... ok nice drama, really.

But i just knew Hwan Hee(Rex) had plastic surgery, he looks so different from the drama now so i was like... sad. HA!
    I am grateful when new friends come into my life, but old friends are the best. I know this is true because of YOU.

Cool Seeking Aid regarding 2006 ktv drama "Over The Rainbow"

Can someone please send me the profiles of all the male actors whom played the character roles of the guy group "Gangsta" in this drama. I know of Hyeon Joon; Ji Hyun Woo; Choi Kwon and Shin Hyeon Tak; but the rest are unknown to me. I searched practically everywhere, and I'm always coming up empty. I sincerely appreciate anyone's assistance in this matter..... My e-mail addresses are: [email protected] and [email protected]. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by flowerleniz; 11-14-10 at 01:49 PM. Reason: want to add the name of the drama